• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2012 NFL Draft Order - Updated 03/10/12

RGIII is Robert Griffin III QB of Baylor. I like him more than Jones and Barkley.

As far screwing ourself with this win, I respectively disagree. This is a young team that needs to learn how to win.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Im not sold on Andrew Luck..every time Ive seen him on national television he has horrible games. They like to talk about how much he does at the line and how great he is but Im just not sold on him being the next Manning. Maybe in 3 or 4 years in the pros.

I always go back to the Orange Bowl against Virginia Tech. One of the best defenses in the country, and he simply shredded them for 287 yards and 4TDs. It was a great performance.

Barkley needs to stay in college for his senior year. he is not ready either. even though they just DESTROYED UCLA even Trjoan fans dont think he is ready. He is about as good as Sanchez was when he came out.

Agreed, not sold on Barkley either. I don't like USC QBs in general - the last one to do anything noteworthy in the NFL was Carson Palmer. Sanchez has been mediocre (hot & cold), Leinart (is terrible), John David is Booty. Before Carson, the last QB to do anything was Rob Johnson...another mediocre player. Not sure why these guys are regarded so highly.

Keenum is NOT on my radar at all. Houston and teams like that can put up big numbers but its against teams like Tulsa, South Dakota. you arent impressing me until you do it against the SEC.

Keenum is interesting - could just be another Colt Brennan (huge NCAA numbers but no NFL talent), but even Colt couldn't throw 9 TDs in one game! There's something to be said for Case. Definitely a gamble though, but I can see him being at least as productive as a Matt Leinart or John David Booty in the NFL.

I'll update the draft order tomorrow, but pretty sure that that Redskins would pick 7th now - not too bad. If they lost to the SeaChickens, it would've been 4th for now.

Just an FYI there BB but I update the original post and the thread title every Tuesday as well.

1. Indianapolis 0-11 .540
2. St. Louis 2-9 .574
3. Minnesota 2-9 .574
4. Jacksonville 3-8 .494
5. Carolina 3-8 .511
6. Miami 3-8 .523
7. Washington 4-7 .455
8. Arizona 4-7 .472
9. Philadelphia 4-7 .506
10. Kansas City 4-7 .517
11. Seattle 4-7 .523
12. Cleveland 4-7 .523
13. San Diego 4-7 .534
14. Tampa Bay 4-7 .545
15. Buffalo 5-6 .506

Scenarios that could see the Redskins moving up in the draft...

St. Louis Rams:
Next game is at Seattle. Final game at home against San Francisco - 49ers could rest starters before playoffs.

Minnesota Vikings:
One game is against the Redskins. Vikings close the season against the Bears (without Cutler) at home.

Jacksonville Jaguars:
Next two games at home against San Diego and Tampa Bay. Close out the season at home against Indianapolis.

Carolina Panthers:
Two games against Tampa Bay remain. One game at Houston, a team that is now starting a thrid string QB.

Miami Dolphins:
Will play Philadelphia at home. Buffalo is a road game. Close out the season at home against the New York Jets - a game that could be close, depending on the circumstances.

Washington Redskins:
Very tough schedule down the stretch, but have a home game against Minnesota.

* - For those wanting a higher draft pick:
If this happens, the Redskins will probably pick 4th. There is a small chance of the pick being 3rd and an outside chance of being 2nd.

* - For those who are ok with any position in the draft, the Redskins will probably end up with the 6th or 7th pick in the draft.

The idea that we end up with the 6th or 7th pick is predicated on our Strength of Schedule saying lower than anyone we are tied with though and with our remaining games against the Jets, Vikes, Pats and Giants, that isn't going to happen. We should certainly finish higher than AZ and it wouldn't surprise me to finish higher than one or two other teams we are currently tied with. So if the records remain the same...

Bingo! Draft position has more value as a conversation piece than it does as determining the qualities of a player.

except that we arrived at Kerrigan by virtue of being in a higher position that another team found desirable. it's common sense....higher = greater value as the system is executed.

except that we arrived at Kerrigan by virtue of being in a higher position that another team found desirable. it's common sense....higher = greater value as the system is executed.
True. But it still doesn't change the fact that draft position does not determine the quality of a player.

Besides, all the banter for the last few weeks has been, "Lose so we can get a franchise QB". Not a higher valued pick. If we don't draft a QB in the 1st round, especially the higher we pick, more than one person around here is gonna blow a gasket. As long as we get one, I don't care where he's drafted, because I know where he's drafted don't mean diddly-doo. I can't control where we draft either. So, I do the only thing I can control. Which is, root for my team to win. I'll worry about April when it get's here.

BTW, Grossman is still the likely starter week 1. So, embrace the Butterball

If we don't draft a QB in the 1st round, especially the higher we pick, more than one person around here is gonna blow a gasket.

:ciao:

I might blow two or three gaskets if they don't draft a QB in the first round.

:ciao:

I might blow two or three gaskets if they don't draft a QB in the first round.
This is where the devilish side of me hopes we don't take a QB in the first, just to see the ensuing **** storm.

Of course, if we do, and we get "The One", we'll have to endure years of "I told you so!"

But, if we do, and he's Shuler II, then we'll have to endure years of "I told you so!"

And, if we find "The One" anywhere from the mid 1st on, we'll have to endure years of "I told you so!"

Which means, the only guarantee in next years draft, is enduring "I told you so's!"

Seems relevant, from Kissing Suzy Kolber's LOLNFL:

lol-there-goes-a-top-five-pick.jpg

I think it's safe to say that if we don't draft a QB in the first round of the draft there will be a significant shortage of gaskets in the DC metro area.

... and no, that's not me in the picture. :)

I could see a scenario if all the QB's that Shanny loves are gone at the top of the 1st round, I could see them taking another player there and then trading back up in either end of the 1st round or the top of the 2nd round and take the QB. Cough... cough... Ryan Tannehill... cough... cough...

I was listening to Redskins @ 1 and I think it was Chris Russell that said that Mike Shanahan made a phone call to move up in round two for Dalton but the price was to high. I could see a scenario like that again only this time it working out to get our QB.

I was listening to Redskins @ 1 and I think it was Chris Russell that said that Mike Shanahan made a phone call to move up in round two for Dalton but the price was to high. I could see a scenario like that again only this time it working out to get our QB.

Damn! That depresses me...hopefully this time it works out for the better.

Remember last year they didn't have a third or fourth round pick until they traded that second round pick they got for moving back in the first round. Having there third and fourth round pick next year will give them more flexibility to move up earlier if they want too.

I understand the idea that many of you have about rooting for losses for a higher draft pick. However, remember if you are talking about wanting a higher draft pick, Dalton was taking after Gabbert. You also have to take value into account. When the Skins were picking at #10 they did not consider a QB worth taking there. No matter were the Skins pick outside of first overall you have to look at the chance that Shanahan will not think a signal is worth taking at that spot, whether it be at number four or number fourteen.

Using successful players drafted late as evidence that draft position doesn't matter ignores the larger pool of late draftees that don't make it. In general, I'm pretty sure that the success rate goes down the later a given player is drafted. So if draft position truly doesn't matter, the smart course of action would be to continually trade down until you're left with nothing but late round picks and build your roster from that pool.

In our case it looks like we just might end up getting lucky. Other than the Dolts, the teams ahead of us aren't likely to take a QB, so as long as we don't screw things up by winning too many meaningless games we'll have the pick of the litter of the 2nd QBs (barring someone trading up over us).*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.