Who Will Prevail?

The NFL is king. Feel free to pay your respects.

Who will be the 2011 Super Bowl Champion?

• Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • New York Giants

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Which team will navigate the 2011 NFL Playoffs to win this year's Super Bowl?

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I just have a feeling about the Saints this year. Drew Brees has been dominant, and they enter the playoffs one hot team. I wouldn't want to draw them as a playoff opponent.

Btw...case of homebrew and a BGO ballcap to the first guy/gal in this thread to correctly pick the winner. :)

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score

James Madison

Hate to go chalk, but for a cap and some home brew? Sheeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt...

(little Clay Davis for ya there)

I'll take the Packers.

EDIT: also, as a side note, what exactly is a guy/gal? Pretty sure I'm a guy, and I have drunk Pommegrannate beer, so...

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I would think you're the very definition of a 'guy/gal'. In fact, you should consider changing your username to 'Goalguygal'.

Packers are a good bet. But I think they stumble.

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score

Army

I picked the Packers in the off season, but for the sake of this competition, I am taking the 49ers. It would be nice to see them get their sixth, so bandwagon Steelers fans can shut the **** up about how great they are.

As long as Pittsburgh and New England fall on their face though, I'll be ecstatic. I would actually prefer to see the Lions or Bengals win of all the teams in though, just because I think it would be nice to not see a perpetual powerhouse take it.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I agree with you Boone, I think they end up playing Baltimore in the Super Bowl and beating up that Ravens' defense.

Saints 38
Ravens 24

Edit: Must...refrain...from...comment...about...Goal/guy/gal!

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

I'm a little late, but I think Ray Ray gets his 2nd ring this year. Flacco sparkles, Rice & the Ravens' OL dominate, and the D is shut-down. Ravens win it all.

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Florida State

Edited post. Not sure yet.

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score

Army

I don't get the infatuation with everyone thinking the Ravens have what it takes to win it this year. The Texans could easily light them up, especially with Johnson back and Foster getting into a rhythm at the right time. The Ravens aren't going anywhere. They will exit the post season 0-1 or 1-1.

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

I'm going with the Giants. That is one hot team right now (even with the loss to the Skins) and they have played both the Pack and the Saints very, very tight this year.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Let's reset now that we know who our 4 contenders are.

It pains me greatly to say it, but I have a feeling the Giants are a team of destiny this year. They are the epitome of 'once you get in, anything can happen'.

Eli Manning is the best QB in the league at this moment. Couple that with a running game, a suddenly impressive defense, and the most underrated head coach in the NFL, and it equals Super Bowl championship.

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

I'm staying with the Giants. Eli is on a roll and the Giants D is playing at it's highest level all season.

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Florida State

Giants. Giants/Pats rematch. The home brew makes my mouth water--no one has taken the Pats--but I hate the Pats less than the Giants.

Edit: Screw that, I would walk to your house for even twelve home brews. Let's go Pats!!!!!

Last edited:

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

I'm going with the Niners. They have the best balance and that defense is nasty. I also think home field advantage for a west coast team hosting an east coast team is not insignificant.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

So far, this year, the Giants have won 6 of 9 games on the road, including wins over the Patriots, Cowboys, Jets, and Packers, losing by 7 to the 49ers on the road in week 10. They're playing lights out better now than they were then. They'll be going for their 4th straight road win Sunday.

I like the G-Men's chances :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0