• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who is the greatest?

80's forward I consider modern, if I went all time my vote would be Twilight Zone
Define ‘modern’ - cause Outer Limits and Star Trek have to be mentioned
80's forward - why I quantified it because those two shows you mentioned are definitely grandfathers of the genre on tv although Twilight Zone owns all

Gary Oldman is the greatest character actor of our time

That's a pretty tough one to quantify, just the thought in general "greatest actor", I went through his IMDB and I gotta tell you there's a lot of movies I forgot he was in. However, I would argue, Denzel Washington.

character actor.

The characters, like Drexl Spivey, he transforms in to.

Definitely talented, I didn't realize all the voice over work he's done in video games either and again this is where for me, it's difficult to quantify because there's sub-categories which would constitute "greatest" some might say Daniel Day Lewis, even though I found him overrated. I tend to appreciate Denzel's body of work more so than Oldman (might be because Child 44 was horrific and that trilogy of books was fantastic so my bias shows). Oh if you like a good thriller book series check out the Child 44 book series.

Gary Oldman is the greatest character actor of our time

Greatest Oldman performance was Count Dracula

AE8A4286-DA3E-4B94-B5B6-227A3724D52B.gif

Last edited:
80's forward I consider modern, if I went all time my vote would be Twilight Zone

80's forward - why I quantified it because those two shows you mentioned are definitely grandfathers of the genre on tv although Twilight Zone owns all

Hard to argue on Twilight Zone, although I could make the argument it wasn't really a 'sci fi' show. Yes - some of the episodes were pure sci fi, but many of them were fantasy, allegory, irony, you name it. I mean, they showed 'Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge' as a Twilight Zone episode, and that was a short film about a civil war deserter...lol

No. Way.

Dustin Hoffman. FTW.
James Woods and Philip Seymour Hoffman would like to have a word with you.

I love Dustin Hoffman, great actor. I just think when you've won multiple Oscars for best actor in a leading role, it takes you out of the discussion as a character actor.

James Woods and Philip Seymour Hoffman would like to have a word with you.

I love Dustin Hoffman, great actor. I just think when you've won multiple Oscars for best actor in a leading role, it takes you out of the discussion as a character actor.

He’s absolutely a character actor. Look at the diversity of roles he’s played - no one has as diverse a career.

Eddie Murphy is the funniest stand up of all time.

Stone Cold Steve Austin is the greatest WWF/E wrestler of all time personality wise.

That's a tough one, the Rock might have something to say about that Jabroni

Stone Cold is the reason The Rock even has a career. Before Steve it was all still prayers and vitamins.

he brought the attitude era to the WWE.

Well, quite frankly none of those guys exist without the NWO kicking off the 18-49 demographic wars of the late 90's but that's off topic.

Not saying I disagree with your choice of Austin, but one could make the argument for Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.