• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who is the greatest?

Bo - 515 attempts for 2782 yards. it makes 5.4 per carry
Barry - 3062 attempts for 15269 yards. it makes 5 per carry

Barry has about 6x more attempts than Bo. That would make almost 16,700 yards for Bo if he carried as much.

Bo had 3.5 seasons
Barry had 11

He did more with in a smaller time frame. He also had some of the best highlights and most dominant runs in his short time frame.

It’s an impossible discussion to a degree, because there are so many factors involved - team they were on, type of offense, quality of OL, quality of defenses faced... we can all have our opinion but stats alone can’t possibly decide it. We also can’t reasonably extrapolate from a shorter career to a longer one and assume ‘this is the production we would’ve seen’. For every AP there are 99 other RBs who seem to become shells of their former selves in the course of 1-2 seasons.

It’s an impossible discussion to a degree, because there are so many factors involved - team they were on, type of offense, quality of OL, quality of defenses faced... we can all have our opinion but stats alone can’t possibly decide it. We also can’t reasonably extrapolate from a shorter career to a longer one and assume ‘this is the production we would’ve seen’. For every AP there are 99 other RBs who seem to become shells of their former selves in the course of 1-2 seasons.
Hence why we have them! It keeps it entertaining and engaging!

You may have a point there...lol

James Earl Jones has the greatest voice of all time. The man is an icon. Morgan Freeman is great too, but I’d listen to Jones over Freeman every day of the week.

Yeah, it's Morgan Freeman for me and it's not close. JJ is now Darth Vader, whether he wants to be or not :)

All those are good. I like the Vincent Price one as I was trying to think of someone that was before my time to compare as well. I still prefer James Earl Jones over all those.

My wife says Mel Blanc for greatest voice. Certainly true for kids.

Huey Lewis and the News was the best band of the 80s. Someone fight me. 🙂

Imma have to counter with his purple greatness. Prince #RIP.

Metallica would like to have a say in this as well.

Metallica would like to have a say in this as well.

I can kinda agree since the ‘Black’ album was in the 90’s. That started the recording of dung hitting the wall, that’s anything from them after the 80’s.

I can kinda agree since the ‘Black’ album was in the 90’s. That started the recording of dung hitting the wall, that’s anything from them after the 80’s.
Kill em all
Ride the lightning
Master of puppets
...and justice for all

Classics. All of them. But, then again, none of them ever made it to a back to the future soundtrack lol

True, my favorite album from HL & the News was ‘sports’ . Especially liked ‘The heart of rock n roll’, & ‘walking on a thin line’

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.