• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who is the greatest?

MikefromOH

The Hall of Famer
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Here we go!!

Let the debating begin!!

Who is the greatest??!

Pick someone. Anyone. Say that they're the greatest at what they do. Then be ready to defend it. No personal attacks, no BS. We all know our passions and know each other's temperaments.

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!

I'll start it off:

Joan Jett is the greatest female rocker of all time.

Agree? Disagree? Name your person if you don't and lets hash it out!

Joan cannot be argued against, but I would put Lita Ford as a semi close 2nd.

Joan Jett can't really be argued against. That's an easy win.

Cheesecake is the best dessert. Fight me.

I just realized you said who. I stand by my previous comment. That being said, Travis Barker is better than any living drummer.

I think my issue with Joan Jett is that I don’t think any of her songs have more than 3 chords :). I mean, we’re talking very basic music. Of course she was really the first female rocker to front an all girl band - she gets mad ups for that. If you haven’t seen ‘The Runaways’ it’s worth a watch. I don’t know who Is throw up against her? Pat Benatar would have to get a mention. Would likely depend on how one defined ‘greatest’ and ‘rocker’.

I think my issue with Joan Jett is that I don’t think any of her songs have more than 3 chords :). I mean, we’re talking very basic music. Of course she was really the first female rocker to front an all girl band - she gets mad ups for that. If you haven’t seen ‘The Runaways’ it’s worth a watch. I don’t know who Is throw up against her? Pat Benatar would have to get a mention. Would likely depend on how one defined ‘greatest’ and ‘rocker’.

Lots of great songs are simple songs. Teen Spirit, Come Together, anything punk LOL

I really don't want to argue against my own pick, but Nancy Wilson would be a great choice. love me some Pat Benatar, too.

Joan Jett's influence and even producing is often underappreciated, too. Her own label, her reaching back and pulling up bands, the Riot Grrl movement.

Yeah - I’m nitpicking... she was a trailblazer. Not a great musician or a great songwriter - but a trailblazer for sure.

Yeah - I’m nitpicking... she was a trailblazer. Not a great musician or a great songwriter - but a trailblazer for sure.
You are in the spirit of the thread!!!

Kathy Bates is the greatest actress of our generation, and deserves the praise that's often heaped on Meryl Streep.

I would say Glenn Close is even better. Anyone who can go from sophisticated sexy as hell deranged to Hillbilly grandma - that’s impressive!

Bo Jackson was a better running back than Walter Payton and Barry Sanders

Too short a sample size for BO - Walter played a long long time - Barry on a good team would've had a 2500 yd rushing season

Bo without the injury could have as well. Barry called Bo the modern day Jim Brown.

Bo is the greatest what if RB of all time, that I will concur

No thanks. All time greatest.

Barry is a "what if" when people always say "if he had Emmitt's line".

Barry accomplished plenty without a great O-line - the what if for Barry would be how many yards would he have finished with if he didn't retire early.

Jim Brown > OJ > Sanders

So did Bo. Your argument seems to be you like your guys lesser accomplishments over my guys.

Jim Brown is extremely overrated.

Barry Sanders was able to do things that NOBODY else was able to do with his feet. He was on a terrible team and retired 'early'.

That said, he could never mimic the game Bo Jackson had. Barry could take any run and gain unexpected yards, but Bo could go through 5 people and take it to the house on any given play. Barry was so good at avoiding contact while Bo was able destroy it. Either one could do things the other couldnt.. man that's tough.

Bo Jackson was a better running back than Walter Payton and Barry Sanders

You’re going to have to flesh that argument. What does better mean and how was Jackson better? Better in a single game in his prime? Certainly his career can’t come close to guys like Payton, Sanders, even Tony Dorsett. For pure ‘I’m skeered every time this guy touches the ball’ greatness I’m going with Barry Sanders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.