• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

where do we go from here?

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
I believe we should be auditioning people for next season, this season is a wash, but unlike in the past we actually have some things to look forward to.

the Oline needs a complete overhaul, but TW can save himself a spot by playing better. Monty is decent but should be a backup, our guards should be backups and polumbus ditto, the last thing I want is for people to say " well the offence was pretty solid with the line we had so it shouldnt be a priority" thats garbage, if we upgrade this line, we will have a dominant offence and we havent had that in decades.

We need a RT, C, LG and RG, upgrades at those spots are required and if we do it, we will be on the way to building a dominating offence that will win games for us. we dont need superstars at every spot, but we need guys who are not physically overmatched all the time, you can get away with 1 perhaps 2 overachievers on an oline but not an entire line. if we have an opportunity to get a great LT we should do it, and move TW to RT where I believe he would be an all pro.

Rg3 has worked miracles with limited help from his Oline, Morris has looked great behind a line that is frankly atrocious, so we need to see what they can do with some real protection and run blocking.

I would like us to find a solid TE as well, David should be gone, hes a joke, and this last injury is good for us because I dont want to tie up millions on an unreliable pothead. the new NFL is all about the TE.

outlook?
actually pretty good, we are finally young at the skill spots, with a franchise QB and a solid back up, we have soem decent depth receivers, and hopefully one steps up, if not then we just look for a number one in FA or the draft. we are set at RB with helu coming back next year and Morris stepping up as a rookie, so we are young and have some depth there too. really a great young TE and decent Oline are the only things missing and the Oline needs to be a priority for this team as we have everything invested in RG3 and keeping him hit as little as possible should be our priority.

defence
I dont want to hear about injuries, every teams deals with them, our problem isnt injuries its scheme, lack of preparation and terrible coaching.

Dline- we have a lot of options here and ca actually go in several directions, we have depth at DT but no real space eater, all our guys would be movement guys, we have no depth at DE but we have some guys who can play DE in spurts or Dt in spurts and would be great rotation guys at either spot, we could move kerrigan and rak to de and get insane passrush but we would be giving up too much size and strength t move both at once. however we could move rak to de and leave kerrigan at LB if we went to more 40 looks. either way Dline is no longer the huge hole we made it when we went to the 3-4. all we really lack is a huge space eating DT and an End who can rush the QB. depends on which way we go which hole is more important to fill. but either war, resources still needed.

Linebacker- we are old here because London is the key and he is almost done. Riley has looked up and down and Lorenzo is versatile and good when used right, but is very limited in what he should be used for as a lb. Rak is one dimensional and isnt going to change, he needs to be used as a rusher or he is useless. Kerrigan is a beast and is only getting better. this unit will need some resources dedicated to it but there are bright spots. Kerrigan is the key, Riley is young and still developing and lornezo just finds ways to contribute when used right.

DB- this is a huge need area, we need a number one corner, we have for years. we need a pair of safeties although gomes has looked pretty solid at times, and might get better. but on defence aside from a nose tackle, CB is our biggest need area. aside from gomes, we really dont have any young up and comers who will improve either. this unit needs a lot of resources put into it. you can cover a weak secondary by using pressure , but you still gotta cover someone.

Bottom line

we have hope, we have youth in several spots, we look somewhat competent on offence, we have a rookie QB who looks like a vet and is making plays, he was putting us in position to win against the giants when moss fumbled it away. so we no longer have no hope on offence we seem to always have a punchers chance with rg3 behind center.

defence, we need a DC who has a brain, and who isnt scared to play to win, shanny will have to admit a mistake which he is loathe to do but he needs to step up and understand that we dont care, we just want to win games. the rest of this season will be interesting, will we try some risky stuff to get some wins, or will we go conservative and watch the O try to win games for us in shootouts?

Complete overhaul for the OL? Morris is on pace for 1500 yards...

We need a RT. I like the young guys we have already at G and C.

I'm honestly not sure what to do about Davis. If we can get him to sign a reasonable contract okay, if he wants big money like he probably will let him walk.

We need another WR.

We need a Safety and CB and hopefully Tashard Jackson can lay off the weed.

I'm not ready to throw Haslett under the bus. We have argueably one of the worst, if not the worst secondary in the league. Orakapo being hurt is killing us, especially since Kerrigan hasn't done much since Orakpo got hurt.

Last edited:
Overhaul the Oline? That Canadian beer must have a lot more kick than ours.:chug3:The defense needs all the help they can get. There are only so many draft picks to work with. I can certainly agree they need to draft an OT. Overhaul the Oline?:insane:

Mara's Scheme or Curse

Really hate that the NFL allowed Mara to carry out his scheme to limit recruits to the Redskins and Cowboys. Shame on the NFL to allow it. We need to bury the Giants over the next few years to show Mara that he will still get killed by both of us.

Last edited:
The Redskins now have a franchise qb and a 1,000 yard back for the first time since the early 1980's.

We also seem to have a left tackle that is finally maturing.

That's the good news.

The bad news is twofold. One the team has such little depth that any major injuries were going to be devastating. Well, they have come in bunches now.

Secondly, there are some units on the team such as the defensive backfield and OL as well as WR where there seems to be a talent gap.

We just don't have the horses at CB, S, RT, WR, etc to be a contender even if everyone else is healthy.

And finally you can count the disappointments.

Niles Paul is invisible at tight end as a pass receiver. Are the TE routes that hard to learn and execute for a former wideout?

Jarvis Jenkins is not performing like the impact player we had hoped.

He never seems to generate pressure or be in on tackles for a loss, fumbles, etc.

The first 7 games have shown we really don't have any depth at outside linebacker. Wilson fizzled, Markus White was resigned and then cut. Jackson has been OK but I was expecting more on the rush from a 265 converted end.

Hankerson, Robinson and especially Josh Morgan. Where are you?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

That Canadian beer must have a lot more kick than ours.:chug3:

That Canadian brew does have a kick, but he's obviously gotten into the magic mushrooms or something else... Yeah lets take a young team and replace 50% of them because ryman has a bug up his ass. I believe we need OL but I would be satisfied with an upgrade at RT to start. TurnsTYLER Polumbus is garbage.

I'm not happy with the lack of physical talent up front but we're far from able to address all of it anytime soon. (Thanks Mara) we have a bunch of holes, he is right about that.

Our top priority should be a fuggin NT that can actually take up double and triple teams. Without a pass rush our secondary is always gonna suck, get a quality NT then build around him.

Unfortunately MLB is going to be a concern and of course corner AND safety.

If they wanna play the 3-4 they have to address the NT first, Woefield isn't getting it done and the entire defense suffers from it. I like him, but not as a 2-3 down NT. Maybe as a 1-2 down.

Jenkins was supposed to be the X factor on the DL this year as an upgrade and now he looks like a mild bust as a second rounder.

It's not a wash. This is a young team and with the injuries there is a great chance for guys to step up over the next 9 weeks.

My concern is that at several spots like the backfield we only seem to have mediocre and subpar veterans who are not going to be improving at age 30.

yeah i'm not ready to call the season a wash at 3-4.

sorry :(

Especially with games against teams coming up that look much less difficult than previously thought. Both Pittsburgh and Baltimore are much less than advertised this year and both those games now appear to be toss ups rather than the near automatic losses I'm guessing most of us thought they would be.

NY is only team in the NFCE playing solid ball right now and we scared them bad yesterday in their own house. If not for some bone headed penalties (a maybe a phantom leg whip), we could have been up on them big by halftime too. Dallas and Philly are both in trouble this season.

Toss in a winnable game with the Browns and now you have 8 games that the Skins should definitely have a shot at.

I don't see how anyone can say the season is "a wash" at this point.

Amazing what this rookie has done. Is there a team in the NFL you would look at and say to yourself, "I see no way we could beat them - at all"? I don't see a team that fits that description. Griff is THAT good. We will be in EVERY game for the rest of the year, with a chance to win.

I am not sure an overhaul needs to be done, but we definitely need a RT and we need to replace one of our interior lineman with a Super Star. If we had an all-pro interior OL it would disguise the weaknesses. But Monty played a very solid game yesterday. Licht was the one who seemed to get burned the most. Chester? Well, he is serviceable. Upgrade Polumbus and Licht and we could be solid. And I like the idea of moving TW over to RT if we can land Clady or somehow lure Long out of Miami. I think Clady would be a more reasonable expectation. If we were to go LT, it would have to be through FA. We are not going to luck into a starting LT or even a RT in the 2nd round.

We need a CB who can shut down the other team's #1 receiver. Josh Wilson is more than capable as a #2 CB, but D-Hall has to go. I think we all know this is his last year with us...or at least we hope. Mike, how good is Quentin Jammer? Brent Grimes is coming off injury so he's not going to get the money he would like to have gotten after signing a 1 year deal in Atlanta.

CB and LT are the positions we need to spend on in FA. The other positions can be acquired through the draft.

We also need to take into consideration that we lost huge players from last year's solid DL. Carriker and Orakpo are the obvious ones, but Chris Nield was solid filling in for Cofield last year.

All that said, we still have a chance to do something this year. Yesterday's loss was a tough loss, but it's not the type of game to pack it in after. We are not winning a Super Bowl this year, but we can make some waves in this conference this year.

I wish i had the faith that some of you do. Do you all really think we can compete this year with all the injuries? Losing Davis is pretty much the nail in the coffin for me.

We're down our staring RT, TE, WR, DE, WLB and both safties. That's 7 starters on an already questionable team when healthy. I see no way in hell that we get in the playoffs especially with the schedule we have left. We can't pressure the QB consistently with Rak out and our 2 best receivers are hurt. We're done for this year.:sad:

Injuries happen to every team, so that doesn't bother me.

Davis is a bum and I hope he never takes the field for the B&G again - so that doesn't bother me.

I'm just not anywhere near the edge of the cliff I used to be in the past after a loss like that. This is a completely different team. There's no one team in the NFL we don't have a shot at beating if Griffin is under center.

go back to the 4/3 defense ...we were a top ten defense every year as a 4/3 defense ,rak and ryan would be alot better in that roll ,also get some corners on tha market or draft them ! morris is doing a poor job of coaching tha DB"S...he needs to go aswell as haslett !

You people are silly if you think that TW71 is gonna handle being moved to RT well not to mention his $60 million/six year contract. The take a pay cut and move to RT would be laughed at. TW71 got over 36 million guaranteed. Nothing about this kid's demeanor makes me think that he'll take one for the team when it comes to his position or the money. If anything, with the restraints we have on cap dollars right now we'll prolly end up paying him MORE guaranteed money over the next few years to make room for others.

The best news going is that he's our last overinflated rookie contract. A reminder that Kerrigan's contract was 4 years and under $9mil but all guaranteed. And RG3's numbers were like $21mil guaranteed for 4 yrs.

I think what is most upsetting to me is that the team should be much better, given how outstanding the quarterback play has been. Griffin is playing at an elite level, and if the other parts were just decent, they would be in 1st place with a real chance to do some postseason damage.

I thought this was an 8 win team this year with Griffin playing slightly better than a rookie Qb is supposed to play. The surrounding talent would keep them competitive while he grows and slowly takes on added responsibilities. But given how great the Qb play has been thus far, and to be sitting at 3-4 at this point is just a huge disappointment.

What's really troubling is how poorly the defense has played throughout the year, and especially so in the latter stages of games. What's worse, is there seems to be no way to fix the problem this year. The Skins have consistantly gotten beat by receivers in double coverage, how can you possibly win when 2 guys cannot cover 1 guy?

That most everyone foresaw the secondary as being a liability coming into the season only adds frustration to the way the season has played out so far. The team should be no worse than 4-3, and really 5-2, by this point considering how the offense has played.

3 years into the program, and the defense has shown no improvement whatsoever. Frustrating!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.