• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

where do we go from here?

I'm a little surprised by the extent of the some of the negativity --

Compare this season to most seasons in recent Redskins history and we're far ahead of where we usually are.

Drawing some stats that Lanky pulled in another thread, it took the 'Skins only 6 games to score the same amount of points as they did in at least 9, 10, 11 or 12 games in the last 6 seasons.

As bulldog pointed out, we have a RB on pace for 1500 yards -- I don't have the stats, but I believe that Morris has had more runs over 10 yards in the first 7 games as Portis had in several seasons.

We are leading the NFL in team rushing. When was the last time the 'Skins led the NFL in anything that we should be proud of?

We are 7th in rushing defense up from 18th last year.

We are 3rd in INTShttp://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...sonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go up from 22nd (22nd!!) last year.

We also have USA Today asking questions like Is Griffin having the best rookie season ever?http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/21/griffin-best-rookie-ever/1648601/.

Sure, we have plenty of issues to deal with -- including a porous secondary and one of the worst scoring defenses in the league. And there's injuries.

However, there are injuries ever year and if we're able to close the gap -- even by 10 places so that we're 20th instead of 30th -- on the secondary, then each of these close games has a totally different potential outcome.

We're not going to blow teams out but we're in every game and we're scoring lots of points.

Maybe you guys need a bit of a reassessment of expectations; from where I'm sitting, things are looking pretty good.

It's not a wash. This is a young team and with the injuries there is a great chance for guys to step up over the next 9 weeks.

My concern is that at several spots like the backfield we only seem to have mediocre and subpar veterans who are not going to be improving at age 30.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device
You keep saying this, but Jenkins has played well! Especially coming off major knee surgery!

Give examples of why you think he's a bust.

Well said, Sol. Well said.

Lanky, you repost a highlight of an earlier response I made about being positive the next 9 weeks about some younger guys stepping with the exception of the defensive backfield.

When I look at the backs we don't have many younger players and the most obvious one we do have is Crawford, a #7 round rookie.

So that is why I say the opportunity to get better there may not come until the offseason.

I am not counting on Cedric Griffin or Jordan Pugh to lead a resurgence.

I'm a little surprised by the extent of the some of the negativity --

Compare this season to most seasons in recent Redskins history and we're far ahead of where we usually are.

Drawing some stats that Lanky pulled in another thread, it took the 'Skins only 6 games to score the same amount of points as they did in at least 9, 10, 11 or 12 games in the last 6 seasons.

As bulldog pointed out, we have a RB on pace for 1500 yards -- I don't have the stats, but I believe that Morris has had more runs over 10 yards in the first 7 games as Portis had in several seasons.

We are leading the NFL in team rushing. When was the last time the 'Skins led the NFL in anything that we should be proud of?

We are 7th in rushing defense up from 18th last year.

We are 3rd in INTShttp://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...sonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go up from 22nd (22nd!!) last year.

We also have USA Today asking questions like Is Griffin having the best rookie season ever?http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/21/griffin-best-rookie-ever/1648601/.

Sure, we have plenty of issues to deal with -- including a porous secondary and one of the worst scoring defenses in the league. And there's injuries.

However, there are injuries ever year and if we're able to close the gap -- even by 10 places so that we're 20th instead of 30th -- on the secondary, then each of these close games has a totally different potential outcome.

We're not going to blow teams out but we're in every game and we're scoring lots of points.

Maybe you guys need a bit of a reassessment of expectations; from where I'm sitting, things are looking pretty good.

One of several reasons I'm glad to see you back, Pravda. You have a knack for putting things in a realistic perspective.

Thanks. :)

One incredibly stupid play by two guys assigned to a Giant's WR (who never should have been in Eli's progression) is where we are.

Are you talking about Cruz? If so, I have to ask why you think he never should have been in Eli's progression?

What I don't get is why they didn't basically tackle the guy once it became obvious he had blown the press coverage at the line? According to Shanny it was called as a double coverage, if that's the case then one of the two guys should have held/tackled Cruz once he started to bust out. A PI 20 yards down the field is a hell of a lot better than a 77yd bomb.

Lanky, you repost a highlight of an earlier response I made about being positive the next 9 weeks about some younger guys stepping with the exception of the defensive backfield.

When I look at the backs we don't have many younger players and the most obvious one we do have is Crawford, a #7 round rookie.

So that is why I say the opportunity to get better there may not come until the offseason.

I am not counting on Cedric Griffin or Jordan Pugh to lead a resurgence.

Whoops, that was supposed to be your comment about Jenkins being a bust. Quote fail!

Amazing what this rookie has done. Is there a team in the NFL you would look at and say to yourself, "I see no way we could beat them - at all"? I don't see a team that fits that description. Griff is THAT good. We will be in EVERY game for the rest of the year, with a chance to win.

THIS is all that I ask. The feeling that we have a legitimate chance to win ANY given Sunday. If our Defense, and especially our secondary, was better I'd actually EXPECT to win. Looking back on every game we've lost thus far, I've seen a game we could have won if not for some bad calls or bad defense. While offensive turnovers killed us against the Giants, we were STILL in a position to win. That's a pretty good feeling.

Had he been double covered, he would have been eliminated during the progression...that's what I meant to say.

Williams blew it.

Ok, that I can agree with. Williams should have stayed deeper instead of closing. I saw it happening and was yelling at the TV.

However, even then I believed the Giants had left Griffin too much time and I still believe that if not for the great play of Blackburn to create that fumble, we would have won.

That's twice now that veteran wide receiver, Morgan and Moss, have let the team and Griffin down with end of game miscues.

I think it is hard to blame Moss, BD. He had both hands on the ball and was hanging on for dear life. Blackburn made a great play, IMHO.

I don't know Neophyte I watched Gary Clark at 5'9 make those kinds of catches on a regular basis.

Moss usually makes them too. And hangs on to them. He only has 16 fumbles for his career (10 lost) out of 658 receptions. Granted, that is 7 more than Clark on 41 fewer receptions.

Although I do think it is almost comparing apples and oranges due to the difference in size, speed, and playing style of defensive players.

I'll be real interested to see what the point differential is at the end of the year with games we have lost...I agree we should be in every game if RGIII and Morris keep playing the way they have been playing.

But a wash? Come on. This season is anything but.

Don't get the mild bust or any kind of bust label on Jenkins.

A majority of players coming off a major knee injury say it usually takes a year before your confident and feel like you old self again.

The fact the Jenkins is playing as well as he is gives me hope that next season, we'll see Jenkins improve into the disruptive force he looked like pre-injury.

And they say Skins fans have patience........Ha!

This post is the exact reason why i willingly have left other Redskins message boards. This season is a wash!? ARE YOU SERIOUS?? We were 2:00 away from being in first place. Overhaul the O-line? We have the number 1 ranked rushing offense in the NFL... We're in every game. We have a legit shot at every game. Auditioning younger players? Half of our offense is on the young side of their 20s, 2 of our strongest starters are ROOKIES. What football team are you watching? Were one of the youngest teams in the league, and that's STILL including London Fletcher who's at the top of his game.

Come on... Enjoy a season for once.. were 7 games in.

Thanks Threat. Summed it up nicely, I think.

I don't know Neophyte I watched Gary Clark at 5'9 make those kinds of catches on a regular basis.

when Gary Clark was making those catches... the DBs werent 6'1", the Safeties werent 225, and the LBs weren't 260, all running sub 4.7 40's. Different time, different era, different game.

Yeah, and we all know Gary Clark ran a 3.40, in pads.
Caught every pass ever thrown to him.
Remained 26 years old his entire career.
Played for free.
And never fumbled.

And some people still had a problem with him too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.