• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

what's up with Robert?

Griffin wants to play and feels this is his team. You want a guy that is itching to get back on the field. It is up to Shanahan to make sure he is truly ready. As Shanahan said it is not his job to be liked, but to do what is best for Redskins long term.

Griffin dressing out was his way of being part of the team. Plus he is rehearsing for when he does return. Players are creatures of habit.

I can't help it that majority of redskins fans refuse to even consider that maybe Robert isn't 100% perfect in all aspects of life.

Things from today's press conference to fuel this:
Robert says he knows the plan, but doesn't understand the plan.

You are paraphrasing worse than the Post right now. He said he doesn't like it, but there are parts of it he understands. Then he went on to say "I don't have to understand it. I don't have to like it." Meaning, Shanahan is in charge, and that's that.

He doesn't like that the plan is fixed in timeline - that it doesn't matter how well he progresses. (is this a hint he wont play the first 4 weeks? we keep focusing on the opener, what if its the first few weeks?)

Again, generating controversy when there is none. He has said "no doubt" that he is the week 1 starter. Shanahan has said this in so many words. If he suffers no setbacks, I don't see anything to suggest otherwise. Why talk about "what ifs" when all they do is stir up unnecessary controversy? *IF* Griffin does not start week 1, THEN we can start talking about it. Until then, it does nothing but stir up nonsense.

He met with Shanahan privately, promises were made. "all you have is your word", he expects everyone to live up to their promises.

So?

Shanahan said Robert wont be in 11 on 11's while in Richmond, Robert said today he'll be in doing 11 on 11's tomorrow.

From what I can tell, it is Shanahan's decision to ease him back into 11 on 11s, not Robert's.

Write it all off as you will, they're either putting on a fun show or Griffin truly isn't happy.

edit: for what its worth this hasn't changed my opinion of Griffin at all. Makes me rethink him starting week 1 though, for sure.

Lol. You're reading FAR too into his comments. He wants to play. Is he happy? He's the starting QB of an NFL team. That question answers itself.

Oh, and at the start of training camp he said he wouldn't play any preseason; there was no need.
Now he says preseason is important and he wants to play.

Robert is competitive-very competitive. A large part of his amazing success is due to his competitive nature.

The problem seems to be a questioning of whether he is too competitive-however you'd measure or assess that-with respect to overreaching his return to 100% physically.

I may be a bit leery of the possibility that his competitiveness may cloud his decision making but I can't complain about his being competitive in the first place. I see energy and drive here. I'm holding off on worrying until it becomes more obvious that a problem exists.

Hey I look at the feeling of him sitting on the bench with his full uniform is kinda like the feeling he would have being benched. It has the opportunity to be a very valuable lesson for the young man to take care of himself for the better of the team. :D

Here is a quote from Griffin indicating it was Shanahan's decision to increase his workload:

“I’ve proven that I can protect myself,” he said. “And I’m dang near 100-percent. So I feel good, and now I’m glad that Coach [Mike Shanahan] feels the same way.”

Again, generating controversy when there is none. He has said "no doubt" that he is the week 1 starter. Shanahan has said this in so many words. If he suffers no setbacks, I don't see anything to suggest otherwise. Why talk about "what ifs" when all they do is stir up unnecessary controversy? *IF* Griffin does not start week 1, THEN we can start talking about it. Until then, it does nothing but stir up nonsense.

Shanahan said he'd start as soon as he was healthy. I don't recall him ever saying he would start week 1.

But I'm glad you're the one that gets to decide what we can discuss and when ;)

Maybe Shanahan is just trying to lower his fantasy stock so he can pick him up late in the first round.

That line gets really old. If you don't want to be poked then quit being so dismissive of people that disagree with you. You might not think there's anything to this (and so be it), but some of us think there's something worth observing.

I might walk away from the team for a season if he did that...lol

thats why i cant play FF. i always draft all skins and live or die by them

I do the same thing. I had to make a rule not to draft redskins players. For the longest time I was convinced they were only doing bad because I drafted them.

It was hard not to draft Griffin last year in the 3rd/4th rounds :(

That line gets really old. If you don't want to be poked then quit being so dismissive of people that disagree with you. You might not think there's anything to this (and so be it), but some of us think there's something worth observing.

Okay, fine. Have a really ****ty day? :whoknows:

Maybe you can tell me when its okay to disagree with someone's post, t. I'll just start asking you when its okay to express an opinion here at BGO. Will that make you happy?

anyways....getting back to theme

- I agree with folks who say this all washes away the moment Robert steps on the field

- I also feel this isn't the way, say, Tom Brady would handle it.

Guess the thought is we learn something new about RG all the time. he's opening some more doors. one thing I am certain of - he's one of the smartest guys to walk into Ashburn in, maybe, forever. so he thinks this stuff through. he has a plan. In truth, I think he is trying to maneuver Shanahan into flat out stating "yup...Monday night he's the man". and Shanahan, of course, wants to keep the Iggles guessing.

lest we forget, the young man is in his early 20s - and we all know that aint much on the maturity scale for the vast majority these days.

it would be funny if this was all being orchestrated behind the scenes to throw the Iggles off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you can tell me when its okay to disagree with someone's post, t. I'll just start asking you when its okay to express an opinion here at BGO. Will that make you happy?

What? When I have ever said someone can't disagree?

I said be dismissive of opinions. You, and others, are writing off any concerns about this as being completely made up, of nothing, that it's 'non sense' or manufactured controversy despite everything coming directly from Robert's mouth and people with a known history of not being involved in creating controversy discussing it and offering points on both sides.

There's a difference.

We get it, you (and others) don't think it's possible Robert would be unhappy about things, that he might have such a big ego that he can't handle not being the center of attention, that he might be lobbying to be put on the field before he's actually ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyways....getting back to theme

- I agree with folks who say this all washes away the moment Robert steps on the field

- I also feel this isn't the way, say, Tom Brady would handle it.

Guess the thought is we learn something new about RG all the time. he's opening some more doors. one thing I am certain of - he's one of the smartest guys to walk into Ashburn in, maybe, forever. so he thinks this stuff through. he has a plan. In truth, I think he is trying to maneuver Shanahan into flat out stating "yup...Monday night he's the man". and Shanahan, of course, wants to keep the Iggles guessing.

I agree with all of that, I'm just not sure about the last part. It serves no purpose to say the things he's saying if Shanahan and him have agreed on him starting the eagles games. (Unless it's a jedi mind trick, and i mean that seriously)

I wonder if Shanahan is mad he said he's playing in 11 on 11's tomorrow. By all accounts that's the next step, so that could be great news.

So for those of you who are accepting that Bob just might be a bit ego-centric, I have to say that flies in the face of what many of you were saying last year about this time when I repeatedly said the kid has a bit of en ego and you challenged me on it. It goes beyond swagger and it could become a problem...like telling the coaches you can play during a playoff game when the team needed you to sit and let the capable back-up take over the game after you put us up by 14 points.

I know! I know! This could be exaggerating my perception of his ego, but as super special as the kid is (And I know he is) he needs to be more humble. Oh yeah, that's the word you guys used last year...he is humble. This year...not so much, he has an ego but it's ok because he's an elite QB. If you had a doctor telling you that you were super human, you'd probably have on too, right?

While I mostly agree, this is being blown out of proportion, I can only think it is a slippery slope!

So for those of you who are accepting that Bob just might be a bit ego-centric, I have to say that flies in the face of what many of you were saying last year about this time when I repeatedly said the kid has a bit of en ego and you challenged me on it. It goes beyond swagger and it could become a problem...like telling the coaches you can play during a playoff game when the team needed you to sit and let the capable back-up take over the game after you put us up by 14 points.

I know! I know! This could be exaggerating my perception of his ego, but as super special as the kid is (And I know he is) he needs to be more humble. Oh yeah, that's the word you guys used last year...he is humble. This year...not so much, he has an ego but it's ok because he's an elite QB. If you had a doctor telling you that you were super human, you'd probably have on too, right?

While I mostly agree, this is being blown out of proportion, I can only think it is a slippery slope!

I agree. It has taken me until now to see what you're saying about it, but I agree.

I don't mind if he has a huge ego because he's a QB that won NFL rookie of the year, heisman, etc etc etc. Of course he has an ego.

What I don't like is him airing **** out in public and producing what may have a sense of being ultimatums to the coaching staff. I wish he'd just be quiet and let his play on the field do the talking. I wish I could comfortably believe that Griffin wouldn't let his ego be a detriment to the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.