• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

what's up with Robert?

I wish I would have gotten them something for their wedding. Those people got hand-written and signed thank you cards from Mr. and Mrs. Griffin. That would have been a cool thing to add to the collection. I didn't even think about it at the time, I was too busy getting mad at people for not leaving them alone. I thought they'd think it was creepy.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Determining whether a player has an ego or making any other character judgments using media reports is prone to false positives(thinking someone has an ego when they actually don't "in real life") and false negatives (thinking that a player doesn't have an ego when they actually do). The reasons for those things can occur is due to a variety of factors. False positives stem from people interpreting comments based on their own concocted "code of conduct" they make judgments on others with and misinformation, among other things. Lack of information, can also contribute to a potential false positive. False negatives can easily arise simply from the lack of information, either from lack of attention or deliberately lack of disclosure.

I do not care much about RGIII's public image very much, as what he says are mild things when viewed through the lens of "just another guy talking". What he says show that he is capable of very nuanced thoughts, something that many in the general public is simply incapable of "reverse-engineering", as such a task requires much cognitive resources, something the average person simply does not have or don't have the time to dedicate such resources to such a relatively trivial task. It is his personal relationships that are more important, as RGIII is more likely to show his more of his real self to those people. As far as I can personally tell, yes, he might have some disagreement with protocol, but a little disagreement is not a problem in a organization if the parties are actively working together towards a suitable and appropriate solution.

I had to read your post twice, sir. Thanks for posting and challenging my wee brain so early in the morning! :)

Great post!

He's human? Next thing you're going to tell me is that his **** stinks too!

I agree with you - I'm not sure how I got put on the side of "Robert is not human" in the argument. I'm on the side of this is generated controversy, because there is nothing there. Should he have been as candid as he was? Maybe not, but the point is, the media & overzealous fans took his comments and ran with them; there never was any "controversy" there. Just a kid who wants to get back on the field and play football. I guess we could always long for the days of Jason "Personality of Dry Ice" Campbell.

that dynamic is in play - no doubt about it. just saying Robert is part of it. may be a minor part of it.....but he is part of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.