• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's on your Holiday Menu?

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
`The holidays are a great time to cook and enjoy great food with family. I bought several small briskets from the local grocery (because I was not brave enough to go to Costco on Christmas Eve for a full-sized brisket). Injected it with my secret marinade. Will pull it out in a couple of hours and cover it with rub before it goes into the smoker with some apple wood. going to have some brisket sandwiches for Christmas dinner with homemade slaw and mac and cheese.

What great food will the rest of you be serving up over the holidays?

Pulled pork for Christmas eve and Potroast for Christmas. Normally family does tamales but not this year.

I married into a big Italian family so its full on pasta fish and gravy!!! Boone Ill send you my address I want one of those brisket sandwiches.....now I know what I'm making for the Panthers game tomorrow!;)

we start with a breakfast casserole: tater tots, onions, bacon, sausage, peppers, and eggs.

then we had a ham and large chicken for lunch. green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, and gravy.

dinner is just whatever you can manage to fit in your mouth.

plus, we have 5 different beers, vodka, and champagne. My friend sent me a bottle of the Old Bay Bloody Mary mix...SO good.

Brisket chili for dinner last night. It was good :)

Anyone doing something special for New Years dinner or the holiday weekend?

My wife works today, so thinking I will try and do some deep fried chicken. Not the healthiest of choices, but we love our fried chicken once in awhile. Fried chicken is a difficult dish to make well. I actually think the best fried chicken is done low and slow on the stove, with crisco or lard in a big ol' cast iron skillet. But I don't have those things, so I'll just use a deep fryer at least to get them going and then maybe finish in the oven?

What you got?

We did a buffet style spread for just us last night.

Meats, cheeses, shrimp/lobster, stuff like that.

Today, I finish it off. Mama didn't raise no quitter!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.