• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Boone, it is a rice noodle soup like Lanky suggests but it is far from simple. It is the various ingredients that make the flavors explode!

It is a Vietnamese dish that consists of beef broth, rice noodles, bean sprouts, fresh jalapeno peppers, mint leaves, a slice of fresh lime with thinly sliced, beef of your choice. I choose sirloin that cooks in the broth. They add a hot sauce made from sirachi and a mix of something else that adds a nice bite.

It is all fresh ingredients. Simple, but when they are all brought together in the broth, it is a very complex dish that is extremely refreshing. Goaldeje is correct, whenever I feel a little under the weather, I will order Pho. It has an incredible healing affect. Opens up the sinuses.

Sounds right up my alley. Next opportunity I have to give it a try, I'm in. Thanks for the great descriptions guys :cheers:

Got started with some blueberries that were picked at a nearby farm just two hours ago. Yum.

Home made gyros with home made Tsatziki sauce!

Yeah. So... You're gonna need to post the Tzatziki recipe. My wife will find out where you live and crush you if you don't. She is short, but mean. :).
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Got 2 Ribeyes, grilled with a natural lime vinaigrette marinade and some Lime Salt, nice and medium-rare. Both absolutely lovely, if I don't say so myself.

Also had some cheese rolls and Blue-Cheese Potato Salad, Cucumber-Feta Salad and Lemon Orzo Salad from the Fresh Market. If you haven't gone to the Fresh Market and just browsed their salad, consider this an advertisement for The Fresh Market.

Having a chicken and vegetable stir fry - mixed with some extra light virgin olive oil and a hint of raspberry vinaigrette. Green tea to wash it down.

Since I have become a vegetarian I have embraced tofu and black beans. Tonight is an awesome black bean and diced onions over a bed of broccoli slaw alfalfa sprouts.

Top that with avacado.

Pretty dern good.

That does sound good, Blondie. Not a big tofu fan, but love the beans and broccoli sprouts mixture. And fresh avocado? Yum!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

homemade pizza for us...got the dough resting as we speak...

Yogurt, toasted whole wheat mini thin bun with fat free swiss cheese--melted and 1 egg white, pringle light chips (14= 1 WW point), propel water, graham cracker.

Small salad, fresh tuna steaks, blueberries, steamed broccoli. Green tea.

I went to Smitty's BBQ in Lockhart, TX for lunch today. Fan-freaking-TASTIC. They've been cooking for 115 years or so, and man do they know what they're doing.

Tilapia filets with tomato, basil and garlic along with red beans and rice with steamed brussel sprouts and carrots.

A bed of brocolli slaw, topped with vegetarian refried beans, fat free swiss cheese, sauted onions, alfafa sprouts, and avacado. Wasa crackers. Yogurt.

Very very good.

Hamburger pattie, cottage cheese with two half-slices of a peach and on top of three slices of lettuce, grape tomatoes, spinach, blueberries for dessert, and green tea.

Heavy on the leftovers tonight - meal very similar to last night with one exception - replacing the hamburger pattie with chicken breast.

Having a (somewhat) big Mexican salad tonight.

Seems like we have a lot of folks poking around these parts tonight - gotta wonder why... :)

Veggie burger with fat free swiss cheese, onion, sprouts, avacado.

Vegtable medley.

Yogurt.

Graham crackers

Very healthy. Very good. Very filling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.