• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What Are YOU Looking For, Starting Tonight?

Looks like it should've been at least 5 for 6:

Az9TkgKCQAIqi-o.jpg

Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Great pic!

My guess is that call gets challenged in the regular season, El. Assuming a challenge is even necessary with the regular refs and I don't think it would be.

My guess is that call gets challenged in the regular season, El. Assuming a challenge is even necessary with the regular refs and I don't think it would be.

It was a clear case of the refs being nervous and easily influenced by the sideline. The Bills players and coaches influenced that decision, no doubt. I mentioned in my previous post that I think Shanahan would have reviewed that if it were regular season...

Brandon Banks cannot play WR in the NFL. He made Rex and Cousins look bad on what were throws to the right spot, he simply failed in the matchup to keep his route going as corners were able to move him off his line.

If Crawford can return punts effectively as he did against Buffalo AND play a role in the regular defense as a depth corner, you have to let Banks go.

BT...while there is some truth in what you say....Rex didn't need help looking bad. he made other mistakes. I'd cut the guy and grow Cousins now.

Are you talkin about cutting Banks or Grossman ?

Speaking of which, how much cap space would if free up, if we cut Grossman ?

Grossman. I don't buy into the notion that he provides the "safety valve" should RGIII be sidelined. safety valve for what? another 5-11 season? he's a liability the Shanahans are inexplicably attached to.

If the real RG were out for a wile...I'd just as soon take the time to develop Cousins. Season would be over anyway. so why not expedite Cousins' development should that unwanted event occur.

Grossman. I don't buy into the notion that he provides the "safety valve" should RGIII be sidelined. safety valve for what? another 5-11 season? he's a liability the Shanahans are inexplicably attached to.

I couldn't agree more. When Rex came in against Buffalo I flashed back to his starts last year and it was painful. He's never going to be anything more than the frustration machine he was last season. The sooner he's out of the picture completely the better off we'll be. If we had a 4th QB of any consequence I'd cut him tomorrow.....but we don't.

Of course we went into last season with just two QBs on the roster so maybe we'll cut him late and keep a young player with some upside. It's not like we couldn't get him back in an emergency if someone got hurt. I doubt there are any other teams that have any interest in him. Why would they?

Of course we went into last season with just two QBs on the roster so maybe we'll cut him late and keep a young player with some upside. It's not like we couldn't get him back in an emergency if someone got hurt. I doubt there are any other teams that have any interest in him. Why would they?

I like this idea. It makes sense on so many different levels. I'm not sure about any cap hit though.

the playbook ?

1) They have game film.

2) Houston obviously didn't think that was such a big risk.

3) Teams let players go all the time time....playbook knowledge or not.

It's about keeping greatest value on the roster.

No doubt about it - Kirk looked a lot better than Rex on Thursday night and that is a good thing. We know what we have with Rex - or don't have at this juncture. The coaches need to see more of Kirk in game situations before we jettison Rex though. The early returns are encouraging thus far.

As for Garcon being inbounds - it was obvious to me even without the great pic from Lanky. The pro refs make the right call in the regular season or Coach Shanahan has it overturned. All in all, a great debut by RG3 and the offense looks good. On to the second preseason game.

If the real RG were out for a wile...I'd just as soon take the time to develop Cousins. Season would be over anyway. so why not expedite Cousins' development should that unwanted event occur.

Yep. As soon as we drafted Cousins I thought/hoped Rex's days were numbered. He brings nothing to the table at this point. Nothing. What is the point of keeping him around?

I am in the camp of releasing Rex too, but the WR's dropped a lot of passes the other night when Rex was in there. He made some good passes that were either dropped or he couldn't get a rhythm going with Brandon Banks.

Oh and the notion that Rex knowing our playbook would get him consideration from another team doesn't have legs. The only teams we'd need to worry about are the NFCE. Kyle Orton was signed in Dallas, Nick Foles is blowing it up in Philly and David Carr is a solid option if Eli went down.

None of those teams is going to give up a roster spot for Rex because he knows the playbook.

Another reason for setting Rex free, is the fact that the offense is being tailored to Griffin. With more rolling pockets, and even the option has been mentioned. These will be the things being practiced every day. The RB's, TE's, and of course, the Oline will have put some major time into operating with a mobile QB at the helm. If Griffin went down, fewer changes to the game plan would be necessary with a mobile Cousins coming in. Rex would mean reverting back to more plays that guys haven't spent as much time on since last year.

I think Shanny will be reluctant to let the vet go, initially. Cousins can do a lot to persuade him otherwise, by continuing to play well.

I'm not so sure releasing Rex is a great idea. Starting a young QB too soon can be detrimental to their development, instead of helping it (EDIT: Meaning Cousins starting, in the unfortunate event that RGIII goes down for any amount of time - furiously knocking on wood). David Carr, Pat Ramsey, Joey Harrington, Ryan Leaf - all QBs who could have benefited from sitting for a year or so; and they were first round picks! Look at Tom Brady - sat for a year behind Bledsoe, and it worked out well for him. Not that Cousins is the next Tom Brady, but just using him as an example.

They signed Rex for another year for precisely this reason; and he's probably not going anywhere. Wasn't Kirk like 9 for 22 anyway? Not exactly setting the world on fire. I've yet to watch the replay, but I read that Rex's INT was on Banks, not Rex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.