• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What are you drinking?

Never had one - but that sounds awesome :) I'm sipping on a plain ol' Sam Adams Lager - one of my favorite store bought standards.

Tonight it was Mike's Vanilla Creme Soda!

Had a Hardywood Gingerbread Stout aged in Rum Barrels from last year (2018) this week - it was great. We actually liked it a whole lot more than when it first came out - it really aged nicely.

Blue Mountain's Concealed Darkness Irish Stout from this year is up next - probably this afternoon.

I've been getting into aging beer in my basement. It's kinda fun though I'm still learning about how long to "forget" about things.

Those sound amazing Goal...

Stone Cold Steve Austin teamed up with a brewery in CA to make Broken Skull IPA. It is a solid straightforward IPA that goes down pretty nice.

A good friend of mine bought me a CBS (Canadian bourbon stout) from Founders for my birthday. The price tag on it.....$26 for a 22 ounce. I love that dude to death, but I told him never spend that much on beer for me again LOL. Especially since I won't drink it for a few years from now anyways!

A madras

vodka
cranberry
OJ
twist of lime

Most recently, my after dinner "go to's) are 2 fingers of Stagg Jr. neat. (Substituted with Elijah Craig's Small Batch Barrel Proof, on occasion)
With a Corona Premier on the side.

Had an Orange Chocolate Imperial Stout from Brothers in HBurg last night that was fantastic. Gonna plug in their Mole Stout for the next time we eat Mexican.

Had an Orange Chocolate Imperial Stout from Brothers in HBurg last night that was fantastic. Gonna plug in their Mole Stout for the next time we eat Mexican.
That sounds off the hook. I’ve been told not to work tomorrow so I think I may try to get my hands on some Eagle Rare on the way home. Beer is currently off the menu.

Right now - Royal Scandal from Peticolas Brewing Co. This is a wonderful English Pale Ale that has rave reviews since the crew at Peticolas introduced it years ago. However, it has never been available in cans before meaning I've never gotten to enjoy it at home. This is one of my all-time favorite beers. Should have bought more yesterday when I ordered from the brewery.

I'm enjoying it with a homemade chicken salad sandwich.

You're killing me Smalls!!!!

I'm about to be sub 200 lbs and I've got at least 25 lbs to go. I am thinking I can get there in 5-6 weeks if I keep this up, especially now that I'm exercising consistently. On top of the weight loss/get in shape effort, probably not the greatest idea to be here alone at home and pounding beers.

Had a Samoa Porter from Strangeways last night. Funny story - that was the first beer I had 3-4 years ago that made me realize I might enjoy beer as much as wine. I fell in love with it instantly and it has always held a special place in my heart just for nostalgia's sake, really.

Had it again last night for the first time since that time 3-4 years ago, and was a little nervous that it wouldn't live up to expectations - and I wouldn't give it 5 out of 5 or whatever, but easily 4 out of 5 for me. Still really, really good. We've had so many great beers since then but it was a lot of fun to go back to that original one that kind of started it all for me.

Had a Samoa Porter from Strangeways last night. Funny story - that was the first beer I had 3-4 years ago that made me realize I might enjoy beer as much as wine. I fell in love with it instantly and it has always held a special place in my heart just for nostalgia's sake, really.

Had it again last night for the first time since that time 3-4 years ago, and was a little nervous that it wouldn't live up to expectations - and I wouldn't give it 5 out of 5 or whatever, but easily 4 out of 5 for me. Still really, really good. We've had so many great beers since then but it was a lot of fun to go back to that original one that kind of started it all for me.

Nothing wrong with counting nostalgia as part of the enjoyment factor, sir. There are several beers out there that get a bit of a rating bump from me for just that reason.

Trying to decide on what to order. Capstan Bar Brewery in Hampton will now deliver growlers to your door. Or they offer curbside pickup. Reasonable prices.

1586882854295.png

Brew Dog - Hazy Jane IPA (OH)
Brew Kettle - white raja IPA (OH)
Rhinegeist - Truth IPA (OH)
Columbus - 2xIPA (OH)
CIgar City - Jai Alai 2x IPA (FL)
Sam Adams - NEIPA (MA)

not pictured: 2 cases of Yuengling, a cube of PBR, and 3 half gallons of Vodka :)

Has anyone tried the Yuengling Hershey's Chocolate Porter? Been thinking about trying some.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.