• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

well?....what's the score in the Gints game gonna be?!!!!

fansince62

answer before knowing who the QB is gonna be.

Skins 24......Gints 23

30-17.

Redskins.

Hightower rumbles for over 100. And DeAngelo Hall accounts for 6 of those 30 points..

The homer in me says 24-19 Redskins.

The realist in me says 25-15 Giants.

So if you average the two out, I guess it'll be 22-20 Giants with a missed FG by us to lose it :laugh: Sadly, we only wish we could discount this miserable possibility.

We lose 41-13.

We lose 41-13.

Hard to argue - we've lost 7 of the last 8 by my count, the last win against the G-men coming in 2007. And that's as far back as I had the stomach to look. In short, they've owned us more completely than any other NFC East opponent in recent history.

So there's not much basis for optimism if we're looking at trends/facts.

Still - I like our chances.

Yea, I hesitate to pick us against the Giants, for the simple fact that we've done far worse against them in recent years, than against our other 2 rivals. The Giants have owned us unlike any other team.

I think there are a few factors that weigh in on it:

1.) I think we may be riding high on the horse after such positive play during the pre-season. What I think we fail to see is that it was just pre-season. Not that I think these guys aren't professional enough to put that behind them and move on, but we have become one of the youngest teams in the league so they may be just a bit over zealous.

2.) The Giants are solid on both sides of the line. While we appear to have improved on both sides of the ball, they are more than solid in the trenches and that is why they have handled us for the last 7 out of 8 games. I think it is less about the trend as much as the aforementioned.

3.)We have improved, but I do not think we are that improved. I am not buying into any hype that appears to be swirling. The Giants are a better team.

I know I am going to hear it from some of the more optimistic of our crew, but I have finally been soured enough that I have removed the B&G glasses once and for all. Maybe we don't get beaten so badly, but I think they win convincingly.

27 - 17 Redskins win.

This is a new era, what happened in the past does not matter anymore! HTTR

27-10 Skins. The Giants will lose because of Eli Manning and secondary.

Eli will throw three picks and look downright awful. He ended last year on a sour note and it is flowing over into this year. For the first time in his career, he did not throw a TD in preseason while throwing a couple of INTs with a poor completion % and poor average yards per completion.

The Giants will have a descent ground game, but the Skins will slow it down slightly because the threat through the air is not going to be there.

They are also going to have a hard time stopping the Skins passing attack. Why? Because Beck and Grossman are so awesome....just kidding. Because they have huge holes in their secondary because of the many injuries.

I think the Giants get off to a slow start this year.

I won't predict a score, but I will predict that the Giants don't come in sharp. They're going to underestimate this team. Given their history against us, what everyone has been saying, who our QB is, etc. They're going to think that this will be a gimmee and they are going to get popped in the mouth.

I don't know who wins, but I predict it will be a fight.

Man, homer alert. Me and El can't possibly be the only ones here who realize we will lose this game.

I'll say this... after the lockout, so many new faces, and a week to practice I thought that the Steelers, a vet team with a system long in place, would not only beat us, but make us look silly.

Nothing is a given.

A tie.

I Told You So's - 100
You Were Just Lucky's - 100

Skins win, by more than 10.

I agree with El, but don't think the score will be that lopsided. Redskins offense stalls, end up with 4 field goals. Eli connects with 3 different WRs (on 3 blown coverages) for 3 scores, and they tack on a field goal to win 24-12.

For the most part, the defense will hold the Giants to little offense, except for three or four big plays in which a coverage breakdown happens. Sigh.

I agree with El, but don't think the score will be that lopsided. Redskins offense stalls, end up with 4 field goals. Eli connects with 3 different WRs (on 3 blown coverages) for 3 scores, and they tack on a field goal to win 24-12.

For the most part, the defense will hold the Giants to little offense, except for three or four big plays in which a coverage breakdown happens. Sigh.

not an unreasonable scenario. hope you're wrong! so you don't think we'll muster much of a pass rush?does Gano miss any FGs in this? also...Banks set up some scores?

Trying so hard to NOT look at this thru burgundy and gold tinted glasses....

It could go either way. We're a young team and it could show as we lose by either a thread or by a substantial margin. On the flip side, we could generate just enough offense to eke out a win....or, we could surprise everybody with a suddenly non-vanilla offense and run away with it.

Honestly, I have no flipping idea.

Gonna be a fun season, folks. Strap in and hold on!

not an unreasonable scenario. hope you're wrong! so you don't think we'll muster much of a pass rush?does Gano miss any FGs in this? also...Banks set up some scores?

I dunno, I think we'll get to Eli, and probably force a few turnovers. Just don't know if the offense will be able to move the ball. Giants have had our offensive number for a few years now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.