• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

Prefer old school Survivor to the new one. But love them all the same. Plus do not have Paramount

This is the 'Survivor' I'm referring to guys...

Chris Thanks for the recommendation on 'The Offer'. Watched episode 4 last night. So well casted, just awesome especially if you are a Godfather fan.

Chris Thanks for the recommendation on 'The Offer'. Watched episode 4 last night. So well casted, just awesome especially if you are a Godfather fan.

I was curious about how they would approach the Brando casting. They really nailed it. Pacino too.

Yes. My wife and I were talking about that. Would be so easy to have those characters come across as caricatures of Pacino and Brando, but man - they absolutely nailed it. The casting across the board is amazing. Giovanni Ribisi is amazing as Columbo, and the actors playing Puzo and Coppola are perfect. And then there are the female characters. It's going to be hard waiting for new episodes every week - it's that good.

Since you now have Paramount+ I would recommend that you check out 1883 and Mayor of Kingstown.
Mayor of Kingstown is insanely good.

Mrs. Skinsfan & I tried to get into 1883 right after watching the last episode of Yellowstone, and it didn't do it for us. We got through the first episode and was like "meh...they're trying too hard" and we both love Sam Eliot.

I guess I was comparing it, (unfairly perhaps), to Yellowstone, which is superbly done.

We're going to revisit it with an open mind. I really, really want to like it.

Mayor of Kingstown is insanely good.

Mrs. Skinsfan & I tried to get into 1883 right after watching the last episode of Yellowstone, and it didn't do it for us. We got through the first episode and was like "meh...they're trying too hard" and we both love Sam Eliot.

I guess I was comparing it, (unfairly perhaps), to Yellowstone, which is superbly done.

We're going to revisit it with an open mind. I really, really want to like it.

I found that it gets better as it rolls out. The only part I wasn’t a fan of were the excessive (my opinion) narrative parts. My wife loved those though. Probably gender related. Her pronouns are she/her. 😉

Finally finished what was presumably the final season and episode of Ozark. Really good show. I saw a lot of social media commentary blasting the ending, but I thought it was just fine. I won't give anything away if you haven't gotten around to it, but I'll just say this - you knew that someone was going to pay the price in the end. It just had to happen. And there is plenty of foreshadowing letting you know who that someone was going to be. I had convinced myself that the entire Belle was going to go up in a massive explosion at the end. Wasn't quite so dramatic but I thought the ending was perfectly in line with the entire series.

I’m not reading this post. 🙈

Saving it to watch in Finland.

Watched the first two episodes of Obi Won - well done, not slow, just jumps right in...I couldn't get into the Mandalorian nor Boba because it's so slow to develop.

The Mrs. watched Bridgerton while we we're vacationing, not my cup of tea but she enjoyed it, I don't really think it's for a male audience (luckily I was watching hockey playoffs)

Started Obi Wan last week and am loving it! Having Ewan and Hayden reprising their roles, alone, really makes it must see for Star Wars fans. And every episode has been outstanding. I can't wait to see how this plays out?!

Suspicion on Apple Tv is well done and addictive.

Made by the same people that brought Homeland and The Americans to television.

Have not seen Hayden as really he was expected to be the next best thing but then dropped off the face of the earth. Good to see him again.

My wife and I started watching "The Old Man" on FX/Hulu. My wife said it's moving a little slow, but the concept and where this could go has me intrigued. She may bail on it, but I'm going to keep watching.

The Terminal List on Prime is pretty damn good.

Chris Pratt transitioning from goofy Andy on Parks & Rec to an action hero is still something I’m getting used to.

The Terminal List on Prime is pretty damn good.

Chris Pratt transitioning from goofy Andy on Parks & Rec to an action hero is still something I’m getting used to.

I watched the first episode today and other than the first few minutes and the last few minutes, it was extremely boring. I kept falling asleep. Does it get better the rest of the episodes?

I'm a fan of it. I'm in to that kind of special forces type shows so I probably give it a little extra slack.

I also really liked reacher.

I watched the first episode today and other than the first few minutes and the last few minutes, it was extremely boring. I kept falling asleep. Does it get better the rest of the episodes?

Yes and I felt the same way after the first episode.

My wife and I watched it over three days. We enjoyed the first episode, but weren't sure where it was going. To us, it really got going fast. It made me want to look into the book series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.