• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

So the Last Kingdom is good then? I've started the Vahalla series and it seems fine so far. Hasn't grabbed me like the original Vikings.

We started the new HBO show Winning Time last night. Really liked it after an episode and 1 half in.

Started watching the new Vikings show on Netflix.

Pretty cool and also about a real Viking.

I was really hoping they’d involve Eric the Red in the series as an appearing cast member. They casted Leif pretty well in the Valhalla series imho.

So the Last Kingdom is good then? I've started the Vahalla series and it seems fine so far. Hasn't grabbed me like the original Vikings.

We started the new HBO show Winning Time last night. Really liked it after an episode and 1 half in.

I really loved TLK’s first 4 seasons, looking forward to the new one that just dropped. Worth a binge imo

Yes!
It's very good. We won't start Valhalla until we've finished Last Kingdom, which we just started watching a month, or so ago.

Our typical MO is to watch stuff that's been out for a while, so we can binge-watch in earnest.

If there are any fans of creepy, disturbing, darkly comic and weird, I can highly recommend "Brand New Cherry Flavor" on Netflix.
Don't eat while you watch.

What did you guys think about season 3 of Cobra Kai? Seems they’re throwing some crazy drama in, maybe a tad much

Any Anime fans around here?
Our son turned me on to manga and anime years ago. It's bizarre, but highly entertaining. It's definitely not for kids.

My brother-in-law and nephews seriously geek out on this stuff and I pretty much watch, (and have watche)d, whatever they recommend. As I stated, they're bizarre. Very bizarre and a lot of fun to watch. Bonus is that the episodes are short. I watch it in Japanese, w/subtitles.

Some of my favorites are HunterXHunter, Killa Kill, JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, Cowboy BeBop, Castlevania, Attack on Titan...there's a bunch of them. I'm currently watching Naruto

Was considering ‘Lost In Space’ on Netflix, anyone watch it or have feedback?

Was considering ‘Lost In Space’ on Netflix, anyone watch it or have feedback?

It's pretty good, but don't go into it expecting it to be the original. It's 50 years later and it's obvious.

Gotcha, hate when they throw in SJW themes.

eh, it has it's moments

i do think it's a much bigger issue that has NOTHING to do with SJW, instead it's re-writing history. There really was no reason to name it Lost in Space, other than the fact that the only thing the Robot can say is "danger Will Robinson." The storyline is different, the characters are different, it's a vague relation. Had they named it "A Space Quest" and made the robot only capable of making an alarming sound, people would have said "this reminds me a little bit of Lost in Space" and kept moving. It's the same thing with Ghostbusters being all Women. I have no problem with it being all women, but create a new brand for that instead of 're-imagining' an old one and not keeping it in line with the basis of the original.

Two recommendations of new series based on only the pilot episodes:

We Own This City- another glimpse into police and politicians in Baltimore by David Simon of The Wire fame. (HBO Max) (Recommended to me by Elephant)

The Offer- the backstory of bringing The Godfather novel to the big screen. (Paramount +)

Just to add…I have finished all three of the episodes of The Offer than have been released so far.

It is fantastic in every way ( story, casting, acting) and that is coming from a tv drama snob.

Anyone seen ‘the survivor’ yet?

Anyone seen ‘the survivor’ yet?

?

92942243-F1EA-451C-802B-0C274FD74A81.jpeg

No it’s a movie about a Jew who is forced to fight in a concentration camp (HBO Max)

Just to add…I have finished all three of the episodes of The Offer than have been released so far.

It is fantastic in every way ( story, casting, acting) and that is coming from a tv drama snob.

Watched the first free episode - awesome. I don’t really want to subscribe to Paramount + but I might have to :)

Watched the first free episode - awesome. I don’t really want to subscribe to Paramount + but I might have to :)

The 1st episode is the weakest of the 3 out so far. Seriously.

Wow. My wife is already hooked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.