• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Trade Deadline Thread - Nov 3

If we could deal the 3 players that Snyder wants for his movie then maybe he would lose interest and sell the team.

Haskins
Collins
Kerrigan.

Getting rid of Snyder would be the best thing that could ever happen to this team.

I don’t mind if we keep Kerrigan.
But anyone saying his production is as good as anyone else on he dline is.....well not very good at seeing what is actually happening

Keep in mind that the WFT will be sellers most likely. At this time next week, we will know what the team did or didn't do by the trade deadline. Ron Rivera has proven that he is willing to trade in order to build the future.

The first steps were trading disgruntled players Trent Williams and Quinton Dunbar. The culture change and rebuild will take at least three years.

I'm betting there is almost zero activity, either as sellers or buyers. Rivera is a pretty conservative guy. I just don't get the sense we're going to see a lot of roster turnover or additions. We'll see if I'm wrong.

I tend to agree Boone, we'd have to have assets another team covets in order to trade for any draft capital of value, as far as adding a player and giving up draft capital, I don't see that either

This football team never has its act together.

The Caps tanked to get Ovechkin and the Nationals tanked to get Strasburg but the Redskins/Football Team always delude themselves into thoughts of being competitive and never target drafts where they can control the board.

Can't find Rap's actual tweet or story reporting this but it would make sense if this is true. Likely Anderson have value over Kerrigan due to age and more economical price tag of an extension.

It's easy to say 'trade him in the offseason', but you're talking about coaches who literally have never seen him play in person. Also quite possible they explored it and weren't offered the value they needed to pull the trigger.

You are also forgetting that we have a new coach who didn’t have 3-4 years to evaluate these players.

2020 is a season of evaluations especially with a truncated offseason.

Some players like Trent were well known in the league and their issues clearer to make a trade possible and even necessary.

For others such as Anderson and Moreau I think Rivera has now come to a decision on them and it is they are not long term fits here,

I expect both to be traded.

Interesting point brought up on twitter.

If we're gonna make a move, the time is now. Making a trade, if we decide to bring anyone in, doing it quickly makes sense instead of waiting til next week as the deadline approaches. Making a trade now allows someone to come in and complete Covid protocol, allowing them to be eligible for our game against the Giants.

looks like the DLine market is getting deeper and deeper as today goes on.

Dallas also just traded Everson Griffin yesterday

If there is a market for Kerrigan / Anderson, I don't know how big it is.

edit: Welp

So in the end both sides of the Kerrigan argument may get something to hang their hat on. Making it clear that there are no sacred cows on the roster and that anyone can be moved if it helps the team rebuild is reassuring to me that we finally have football people making smart decisions. Those that think Kerrigan can still be a big part of the defense or shouldn’t be moved because of his leadership impact will probably be happy since it’s unlikely we get enough in a trade to make it a net positive.

Sometimes, I don't even take any joy in being right all the time :)

As I just posted on Twitter, I'm sure he wants to finish in DC - but like all humans, he likely has other wishes as well. To be a starter and be paid accordingly, to be on the field more often than not, etc... doesn't make him selfish, makes him a football player and a human. I still think it's a mistake to hold onto him, but the offers they are getting for him must be pretty weak.

As I just posted on Twitter, I'm sure he wants to finish in DC - but like all humans, he likely has other wishes as well. To be a starter and be paid accordingly, to be on the field more often than not, etc... doesn't make him selfish, makes him a football player and a human. I still think it's a mistake to hold onto him, but the offers they are getting for him must be pretty weak.

Anyone arguing that Kerrigan is selfish is wrong. He needs to do what is best for him, not just financially but personally. Everyone one of us would leave a job in order to get better pay / better situation. If he is in fact requesting a trade, I fully support him getting it. He's earned it. He has earned the ability to complete his career where he chooses.

My frustration would be if the trade came the other direction. If the team cast him aside for a late round pick against his wishes. The team has appeared to not do that. I still want him to stay here and retire here never wearing another jersey, but I can't get upset with him if that happens by his choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.