• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Trade Deadline Thread - Nov 3

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Trade deadline is Nov 3

Who's going out, who's coming in?

What strategy should we take? Buyers or sellers?

Last edited:
Ross is just a dude. He does nothing special other than run fast. I’m sure there is some team that will want him because of his 40 time. But he is unable to beat out a rookie and an aging vet for playing time. I would pass on him if I were the Team.

Ross is just a dude. He does nothing special other than run fast. I’m sure there is some team that will want him because of his 40 time. But he is unable to beat out a rookie and an aging vet for playing time. I would pass on him if I were the Team.

Admittedly dont see much Bengals football live so I'll take you at your word. Just wondered if him opposite Terry could soften the safeties a bit, paired with his ability to play deep.

What good would bringing a WR in at this point be when we have one QB benched in purgatory, one whose shown nothing (imo) and Alex

What good would bringing a WR in at this point be when we have one QB benched in purgatory, one whose shown nothing (imo) and Alex

It would be with the intention of signing an extension, not a 1 year rental. Ross is still young (but often hurt so.... yea.... ) so being able to get him in the building and seeing what kind of a boost it potentially would give the offense could be an interesting option.

Admittedly dont see much Bengals football live so I'll take you at your word. Just wondered if him opposite Terry could soften the safeties a bit, paired with his ability to play deep.

I only see the Bengals as much as they are on the Redzone channel. I just know that he’s at best their 4th WR. I’d rather take my shot at developing the guys the Team drafted than taking a cast off.

^^ A 4th for Kerrigan, last year of his contract and already captured the Redskins sack record.....I'd be listening

^^ A 4th for Kerrigan, last year of his contract and already captured the Redskins sack record.....I'd be listening

As much as I don't want Kerrigan to leave... I would be hard pressed to turn down any sort of a real return for him. At least if I want to keep a straight face when I argue that Rivera is building development.

My only argument would be that I think Kerrigan has enough in the tank to still be a competitive contributor here if/when this plan takes effect and we're competitive again. We're going to be spending some serious cash along the D-line, and an over 30 vet who is the franchise leader in sacks can be a relatively inexpensive piece to help lessen that invoice. With basically all 4 of our starters being 1st round picks, and another guy being 1st round talent, it's gonna be REALLY hard to pay all of them....

You don't trade the only career Redskin we've had since Darrell Green. Especially not when hes producing as well as he is this year.

AJ Green has to be getting up there in age as well as injury. Julio automatically makes Terry the #2 and that is crazy.

Njoku is out there just waiting for ANY offer.
Is Allen Robinson still wanting out?

You know where I stand. Winning teams almost never let sentimentality get in the way of trying to build a better team. They have already started to scale back Kerrigan’s reps. Yes he is still a good player, but given the DL is the strength of this team he is no longer a critical piece and if you get offered a 3rd or early 4th for him, I think you do it. Kerrigan might even appreciate the chance to go to a team that has playoff potential.

We need picks - as many as we can find and if a player isn’t part of the long-term future, he is expendable no matter how fond of him we are.

Im tired of losing and being a joke. Keeping Kerrigan isn’t going to change our prospects. Neither will a 3rd or 4th round pick but it will net us a player who can be part of a winning future.

That's assuming Kerrigan wants to stay during the rebuild Mike, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, I don't know but if I was in his shoes and a contender offered a deal in FA I'd sure be tempted to bounce since minus two playoff years, total crap team wise.

You dont give a guy that option if you just trade him, eric. he has expressed many times he wants to end his career here.

My only argument would be that I think Kerrigan has enough in the tank to still be a competitive contributor here if/when this plan takes effect and we're competitive again.

I think this is wishful thinking. I’m thinking we are 3 years away from being a real contender (assuming we are even capable of rebuilding a respectable franchise). Kerrigan will be 35 years old by then and have another 3 seasons of wear and tear. Is he going to have the speed and strength to even matter by then? His main value from day 1 has been as a pass rusher and he’s already the 3rd best at that (at best). I just don’t see how turning down a trade offer, if we get one, makes sense from a football perspective?

Winning franchises part ways with franchise players once they get past their CBA (cost benefit assessment), Kerrigan might want to stay, but no talks of a contract extension I've heard of and if he wants more than 4 mil a year he's over valuing what he provides at this time for this team.

Chase Young - 2.5 sacks - 9 tackles
Montez Sweat - 3 sacks - 13 tackles
Ryan Kerrigan - 3 sacks - 4 tackles

Ryan is the back up and producing as much as anyone else.

Btw - I respect your argument Mike. It’s great to honor players, especially class ones like Kerrigan who epitomize everything you want on a player. They might hold onto him just for his leadership by example. But I just want to see this team get better and if that means trading or cutting Sammy Baugh or Sean Taylor, at this point do it. People get tired of the Patriots being held up as an example - but they are held up as an example because all they’ve done is dominate for 2 decades and they never let emotion get in the way of getting better every year.

I think this is wishful thinking. I’m thinking we are 3 years away from being a real contender (assuming we are even capable of rebuilding a respectable franchise). Kerrigan will be 35 years old by then and have another 3 seasons of wear and tear. Is he going to have the speed and strength to even matter by then? His main value from day 1 has been as a pass rusher and he’s already the 3rd best at that (at best). I just don’t see how turning down a trade offer, if we get one, makes sense from a football perspective?

Then let me ask you... Someone offers a no. 2 or even a no. 1 for Ioannidis do you do it? A 3rd for Settle?

I don't think we can afford all of them.

I will admit I'm a fan, I want him to retire here. Objectively I can see the case being made that his value does not reside on the same level as the return. Selfishly, his value to me is to see a lifelong Redskin retire here having never worn another jersey. That is a rare thing these days... i get it.

Chase Young - 2.5 sacks - 9 tackles
Montez Sweat - 3 sacks - 13 tackles
Ryan Kerrigan - 3 sacks - 4 tackles

Ryan is the back up and producing as much as anyone else.
I knew you’d make that argument. Kerrigans production has been declining for years. It’s suddenly improved. We all know why. It doesn’t change the fact that his best years are well behind him and it’s not going to get better from here on out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.