• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The who has been cut thread - (merged)

I don't want any of them back, except maybe Griffin

I wouldn't mind seeing Smoot back after he sees he is not gonna get that roster bonus. He is a decent Nickel Back and can fill in if needed.

Looks like no more cuts for now. I need to take a break. Be back later for the start of FA.

Over at Redskins.com Todd Collins has also been released. I am glad for it! I think Rex Grossman could be a Redskins QB by the end of the day tomorrow as a backup.

GROSSMAN? Dear sweet, 8lb 6oz baby jesus, do NOT let the Redskins sign Rex effing GROSSMAN. AWFUL.

A certain Blond member here is going to be very mad at the new coaching staff:paranoid:

I'm sorry Blondie!

Blondie...sorry for the bad news. Group hug for Blondie..:grouphug:

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Rock owned my heart long before the Redskins even knew of him. I told him before he was drafted he would be with the Redskins. Just felt it. My dreams came true when my favorite guy was drafted by my favorite team.

Each year for 8 years, ppl would predict his departure. He was a true blue collar REDSKIN. He loved being a Redskin.

We have talked. He will land on his feet.

We have talked. He will land on his feet.

Has he been contacted by any teams? If you talk to him again, let him know he's a fan favorite, and we're all (most of us, anyway) sad to see him go.

Has he been contacted by any teams? If you talk to him again, let him know he's a fan favorite, and we're all (most of us, anyway) sad to see him go.

It is always difficult to watch such a hardworking, well liked player leave the team. He had a good stretch, 8 years is a long run. Good luck Rock.

Now, as far as Grossman, I am not saying he is the savior or should start, but he has experience in this system and could be a good back up.

It is always difficult to watch such a hardworking, well liked player leave the team. He had a good stretch, 8 years is a long run. Good luck Rock.

Now, as far as Grossman, I am not saying he is the savior or should start, but he has experience in this system and could be a good back up.

tell us why you think you'd be so good here, Rex :laugh:

It's hard to see rock go as well.....

but how many 7th rounders last this long in the league? What Rock has done in the NFL has been pretty amazing.

All the best to him. Same with the other guys (even the one's who most of us thought had lost a step or two).

HTTR.

tell us why you think you'd be so good here, Rex :laugh:
:rotflmao:
:claps:

Well Sarge sir, if I were brought in, it would be because Kyle Shanahan and I worked together last year. With that experience in his system, I could help others grasp the system much like Todd Collins did when Al Saunders was here. I am not saying I will be the starter, but I will fight for that position! Remember, I did guide the Chicago Bears to the Super Bowl 4 years ago in light of my frequent youthful errors.

im not sad to see rock leave as a player. he just wasnt doing anything for the return game any more. he hadnt scored a TD in forever and he started getting more salty about not being a RB.

as a person and locker room presence/role model i think the guy was hands down a great asset for the team.

He was a demon on special teams coverage units though. The more I think about it, the more of a head-scratching move it is.

I'm with you MikeSr619. He had a lot of heart, but sometimes that just does not cut it. I hate to see good guys leave, but we definitely need some speed and explosiveness at the kick return position.

Interesting. I really like what we are doing here. Shanny is coming in and setting a tone: no one is safe. That's good, I think that is what this team needs very much right now.

Sad to see Rock go. He was a great locker room presence and always had an awesome Redskin attitude. That being said, as a performer on the field, I'm not too upset to see him go. Regardless, I wish him only the best!

Damn

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Redskins GM Bruce Allen confirmed that Clinton Portis' roster spot is safe for now.

“Right now [Portis is] our starting running back," Allen said, "and that's what our plans are." After yesterday's cutting spree, Portis is the only running back on the 'Skins roster. We're skeptical that that Portis, 28, can reverse his career trajectory even in new coach Mike Shanahan's zone-blocking scheme

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.