• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The who has been cut thread - (merged)

Man, what a bloodbath today. Can't say I'm sad to see Randle-El go or most of the others, but Cartwright is the epitome of a Redskin in my opinion, a really hard worker and special teams standout. Sad to see him go!
My sentiments exactly. I woke up this morning, checked the news, nothing really there. Then after a busy day at work, check again, and it's a red tag party in D.C., especially on offense.

And ditto on Rock. 5 feet, 8 inches of pure Redskin.

I bet Danny's never seen this much cap room in his life. I can imagine him running around the office tonight, drinking Red Bull Vodka, "Oh, let's get him!! Oh and HIM!! OMG we gotttta get him!!" :laugh2:

I feel you guys with Rock. However, i think this is just a thing where we have to transition into a new era with this team. And as much as i love some of these guys, at some point you just have to move on. In fact i think Rick Maese twitter stated that all of the players release (save one) is either 30 or older. That says something.

I like Randy, Rock, Smoot and the others, but the time has come.

Now if we can trade Rogers (he doesn't want to be here anyway) and get a pick for him that would be great also.

Todd Collins has been cut. Eddie Williams is gone. JD Skolnisky (who?) has been cut.

Over at Redskins.com Todd Collins has also been released. I am glad for it! I think Rex Grossman could be a Redskins QB by the end of the day tomorrow as a backup.

Edit: BB beat me to it. Skolinsky was on the practice squad this past season if memory serves me correctly. I remember seeing him last pre-season.

At this point, you wonder who will be on the roster by the end of the night?

El, Skolisnsky was a UDFA and I think his biggest thing with the Skins was when he was tied up with Orakpo for rookie hazing.

I know you don't like him, but he could be a decent backup. He could play the same type of role that Collins played when Saunders came to town.

I'd like to see the pickup list. You know every one of these guys have already been replaced

They are not playing, and I dont blame them. Im going to wake up in the morning with some new guys on the team.

I'm still waiting to hear the name "clinton Portis"

not happening......now, that is.

If Portis fails to practice or get his butt in peak physical condition, Shanahan will show him the door.

These cuts were sending a message that nobody is safe including captains (Rock, Griff).

The list altogether from Redskins.com

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles...ers_107413.jsp

The Redskins have released the following players:

Ladell Betts, RB

Rock Cartwright, RB

Todd Collins, QB

Cornelius Griffin, DT

Marcus Mason, RB

Antwaan Randle El, WR

J.D. Skolnitsky, DE

Fred Smoot, CB

Randy Thomas, G

Eddie Williams, FB

I think we could see one or two come back.

Ruthless! Yet absolutely necessary. Can't really disagree with any of them.

Can't wait to see who we pick up in FA and who we draft.

This just feels right!

not happening......now, that is.

If Portis fails to practice or get his butt in peak physical condition, Shanahan will show him the door.

These cuts were sending a message that nobody is safe including captains (Rock, Griff).

I know, but I can hope. Especally after hearing some of his now former team mates comment on him this evening

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.