• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Three Good Things Thread

I keep forgetting to come by.

Here's some sets of three to try and partially catch up.
1. Finally got around to power washing the deck.
2. Enjoyed pickin' up the gee-tar and running through some John Prine.
3. Got my initial yardwork of the spring done.

1. Wife only having to work 2 days a week continues to make for some fabulous dinners.
2. Found my wood burning pen. Might not use it, but by god I found it!
3. Got my home office straightened up. A little. Very little. I like a messy office Dammit!

1. Able to stain the deck.
2. Completed ANOTHER 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle with the Mrs. o_O
3. Got my weight going back in the right direction.

1. I got to knock out of work early today because of a mostly meeting free day for a change.

2. I went to the park for a nice 90 minute almost 5 mile walk after work.

3. Our 3 yr old niece called us today to say she pooped on the toilet. Always a big moment in the potty training journey.

1. Played golf today.
2. Some of the shots I hit were good today.
3. Going to take a nap.

1. My kids continue to amaze me. My oldest wants to spend more and more time with me, and it's nice to have so much fun with him. He's old enough to understand concepts that are easier for me to teach him. I've never had the patience before.

2. The above ground pool came a few weeks ago, but I still have not had the opportunity to put it together. Read the directions, what a simple process for such a seemingly complicated item. They have made these things so easy to have, for so cheap. Can't wait to finally have it up and running for the munchkins, and yes...me too!

3. I continue to have one of the best stretches of business since I opened the doors almost 3 years ago. Real estate agents are unable to show the homes as they could, therefore they need all the bells and whistles to market these homes. With agents seeing my marketing methods, and the cost of said methods as opposed to what they were paying to market their goods, I am picking up a lot of new clients. The agent of this house spent almost 1300 bucks marketing this million dollar listing. Here's a shot of the house...

Edit: Holy crap! that image lost integrity when downloading in such a small format.

Attachments

• BS1_7042.jpg
    BS1_7042.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:
my wife traded in her 2013 Ford Edge for a 2020 Explorer XLT. The guy who sold us the car did 85% of the work before we even got there, and all we did was look the car over, drive, and sign. Was very professional and NOT California.

my garden is 90% done. It has the soil turned over, compost and sheep manure in it, and now sweet soil all tilled in. Just need the snow to stop so we can start planting!

I have a dumpster being delivered on Thursday. I am going to clean all of the crap from my external garage and build a proper workshop up there. in my basement I cut out a big chunk of the wall from the bar in to a storage area. i am going to put a wrestling mat in there and make it his own personal dungeon where he can train.

my kids are enjoying summer camps SO much that they are coming home and almost immediately falling asleep

I am getting even more leadership responsibilities in my company. I now have 12 people reporting to me....scary, I KNOW!!

My oldest son is coming to town for the 4th so I am headed down the road to buy up a metric shit ton of fireworks to set them off in the backyard. I've invited my brother and his family so this could turn in to a giant family reunion of sorts.

Three good things....

1 - we have started having morning prayer before everyone goes to school/camp/work
2 - we have an evening "check in of feelings" after everyone gets home
3 - we are doing things every night together like playing a board game, hiking, etc.

It has been 3 days since we started this new routine and I can see the change already. Stephen checks in by telling us the emoji he sees in his mind, and Abel now speaks firmly instead of really quiet and trailing off.

I’m in the middle of nowhere MN

Get to wake up every morning to a beautiful lake view

My brother in law is loaning me his fishing boat for the rest of summer

Wish I lived on the water where I could just grab a rod and be on the water in minutes :)

I'm going on vacation in a week in a half.
My daughter is finally reunited with her husband who was in China.
I do not have COVID 19.

I bought my wife a new u-shaped sectional, first thing she said when it was all in and we could sit on it, "For the first time in my life I feel like I have a grown up couch." Umm...I bought her a new couch 10 years ago when I first moved in with her.

My 8 year old son wants to spend more time with me than ever. He even goes to work with me, often. I just tell him to bring his camera whenever we go out.

On this day 20 years ago, I took my last drink. God is great!

I never want this thread to be lower than #3 in this forum.

1 - we got our kids a water slide for the yard. I often worry that we may be spoiling the boys and giving them too much. But, its 95 this week and humid as can be so we just knew we had to do something. Couldnt leave the boys in the house. just isn't fair to keep thoroughbreds in the stall 24 hours a day. So, when it arrived they were at camp and I set it up in the yard. There is video of this, but when Stephen saw it he burst in to tears "thank you, daddy! thank you so much!" I knew we did good.

2 - spent the evening with friends we hadn't seen since quarantine. it was a heart recharge and just a really good time. It was so good for all of us that at one point my son and their daughter both said they loved each other. It was a way that you could tell it was just genuine and loving like 6 year olds are.

3 - we spent today just recovering. its been hot and we've been out and about all weekend. so, we pickled with music going while the boys played on their tablets and hung out together just the 2 of them. as I am typing this they are currently together in the youngest one's room watching TV and playing together.

Got up at the crack of dawn to play bad golf with a friend.
Spent the day just chilling at home with the wife, watching movies.
4 days of work this week and then it's off to the beach for a week.

1. Went out this morning to hit a bucket of balls at my home course. Turned out there was no one on the 1st tee box or even in the parking lot, so I said 'WTH' and played a round on my own. It was blazing hot, but I had one of the best rounds I've had in years. So much fun.

2. My wife is going to a local eatery called 'Airport Take Out' that makes the best BLTs in America. She asked me how many I wanted and I said 'a million'. Hoping she returns with 3 of them anyway.

3. Things have calmed down here a bit and we are not yet the Redwolves (sorry BB - but these are MY 3 good things:) )

down 14lbs in the 2 weeks since I stopped drinking (not for bad reasons) - I really was just enjoying quarantine laziness

my son told me today that he wants to be just like me

I am using the weight bench and dumbbells I have daily again and I feel good inside from it

down 14lbs in the 2 weeks since I stopped drinking (not for bad reasons) - I really was just enjoying quarantine laziness

my son told me today that he wants to be just like me

I am using the weight bench and dumbbells I have daily again and I feel good inside from it

What was your main beverage of choice, Mike?

Finally caught a pike today after targeting them for over a week. Little guy but apparently there’s water donkeys in this lake, 40+ pounders.

Our household goods get delivered tomorrow, even tho our new home came completely furnished I’m counting these 2 blessings today.

My trolling motor battery died so my awesome brother in law shows up and loans me his charger. Absolutely love the ‘lake life’

What was your main beverage of choice, Mike?
beer and vodka...but, not together :)

I am an IPA and Stout kind of guy. Those things will pile the calories in!

Unfortunately beer is an estrogen generating machine for the male body.
LOL! One of the main reasons I got an adjustable bench and lift every day. Even if its just 135 for 3 sets I get something in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.