• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Defense!

Front 4 = Good

Middle 3 = Not so good

Back 4 = Woeful

Front 4 = Good

Middle 3 = Not so good

Back 4 = Woeful

See I come back to JDR... we've been running zone like we're afraid to man up, putting Collins in the situation he was in this weekend where he's gotta cover 2 guys and 1 of them ends up walking in for a 50+ yard TD. How much of that is on Collins, and how much of that is on scheme? Why wasn't Darby or Fuller running with him with safety help over the top?

BTW, whatever happened to Moreau and Moreland?

Troy Apke is conspicuous for all of the wrong reasons. Hearing and seeing him in a lowlight simply annoys me.

This team continues to get it wrong at safety.

In a passing league you pay mega bucks for a free safety that has range and speed and proven cover ability.

Then you add a box safety in the middle rounds of the draft and develop him.

Washington paid Collins megabucks to do what a lot of safeties in the NFL do for $2 or $3 million.

As with Josh Norman we were bidding against ourselves for a player that had his limitations and that’s why NY didn’t resign him.

So the team was addressing the right needs but with the wrong players.

More Chase Young love... this is awesome to watch. Please for the love of god dont drop him into coverage

Chase is still dealing with the groin injury. Even at 75% he’s good enough to play and have to be accounted for but that explosion in the opener I didn’t see against LA.

This is a DE running down an RB from behind in the open field.... and it's not Chase Young.

Fuller has been solid since his return...

I will say 1 pick was a Robert Griffin wounded duck, the other was 100% because Chase Young took the Left Tackle and deposited him into Goff's lap.

My prediction is we’re going to see a major uptick in quality of defense the rest of the way in 2020 - beginning on Sunday.

I include the tweet response that Curl should not be in man to man coverage against Kupp... sorry

Collins and Apke with TERRIBLE angles..

We need to trade for a veteran safety at the deadline. Part of it is pure need for better competitiveness at S but it would also help stabilize the backfield where players are trying to do too much to make up for the failures of Apke and Everett in coverage.

We need to trade for a veteran safety at the deadline. Part of it is pure need for better competitiveness at S but it would also help stabilize the backfield where players are trying to do too much to make up for the failures of Apke and Everett in coverage.

Not sure Everett has been a failure in coverage... don't think he's played much.

Safety has been a mess for years.

This year we had Sean Davis but cut him and now he’s back playing on a 4-0 team in Pittsburgh.

So we are going with a career special teamer in Everett and a late round pick in Kurl.

It’s not enough when your starter, Apke, is himself a project.

Maybe it’s only me but it seems both Haskins and Apke were over-drafted based on a strong arm and in Troy’s case 4.32 speed.

But neither player had a high football IQ 🤬

Rivera has made some questionable calls on personnel.

I understand he inherited a number of players but some of these guys looked to be washouts already and yet we went back to the well thinking we could work magic to reclaim them.

I would have made more personnel changes in Year 1.

A couple of the moves with Trent and Dunbar were over issues that didn’t have to do with performance.

We really needed to address two areas that have been pot holes on this team for years - TE and S.

Yes we went after Amari Cooper at WR but there is some talent at that position already here.

But Logan Thomas? Going with Apke at S?

These were moves that looked to be underwhelming from the start because these players didn’t seem to have the upside to warrant the time.

Apke like Haskins is another 1 year college starter and a player with poor instincts and fundamentals.

Thomas is already 29 years old. Rivera mentioned how little time he has had at the position after moving over from QB and was interesting as a player.

But is the plan to develop him so he is a finished product at what 32? 🤗

We need better prospects and better free agents with at least some reasonable chance of success.

Who else can we package in a blockbuster deal with Haskins and Apke?

How was Apke over drafted? Hes not a 1st or 2nd round pick. After that most likely it's a developmental piece who cant rotate in and contribute on special teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.