• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

Are they even going to be able to field a team at this point?

Congress continues to apply pressure.

The NFL continues to snicker.

This is a tough choice imo. One hand I hate what Snyder has done to this franchise, on the other I do not believe congress has any business in sports. Both hands have less integrity than an insect turd

But in reality, this should not even come from congress. Congress getting involved probably just has the NFL laughing. The NFL should be taking action. From what we know, this is enough for the NFL to force him out. I'm sure there is even more that the NFL knows that we don't know. The only thing I can think of, and this has been brought up in this thread before, is that Snyder has something on other owners or on the league. And they are worried he will take them all down with him. I mean really, it's his only move here. And it's the only explanation I can think of as to why they haven't acted.

This congress is quite laughable tho to be fair. To me there’s still hope that he bends the knee and relinquishes his ownership just like he did with the name change. Only this time it’s for a legitimate reason that doesn’t involve faux pearl clutching about a team name.

I 100% agree this shouldn’t have to come from congress but seeing how Snyder is quite possibly a demon there’s no chance he does the honorable thing and leaves outright. No, this pos will end up getting the team & league drug thru so much negative publicity that Goodell will not only dock the available cap space but erase draft picks and make them give MaClaurin & J. Allen to the cowboys.

I am doubtful that the 2 committee chairs are even known by their constituents.

Goodell and his cadre of lawyers probably had to google them.

If anyone wants to view the live stream of the Congressional hearing on the sexual harassment scandal coming in 2/3/22 at 10:00am, you can do it here…

Last edited:
If anyone wants to view the live stream of the Congressional hearing on the sexual harassment scandal coming in 2/3/22 at 10:30am, you can do it here…

Must watch tv.

Live now on Youtube.

CD3B43F8-70BA-4508-B7F1-5FD649CA1DC8.jpeg

What this committee is doing is important.

Important to expose that sexual harassment and sexual assault, like every other issue in this country, is a partisan one.

What this committee is doing is important.

Important to expose that sexual harassment and sexual assault, like every other issue in this country, is a partisan one.

While it is used as a partisan tool, it doesn't really have to be viewed from that lens. In other words, sexual harassment is disgusting no matter who does it. I am always on the side of exposing and punishing those who engage in that ridiculous kind of behavior; if it comes from a partisan place, that's too bad, but I guess it was convenient for that group, and I will take whatever I can to get the goal of rooting out this kind of stupidity.

All that said, why do the Dems dislike Snyder? Why is that partisan? Sorry if I'm poorly informed, but I don't remember hearing or thinking that it was particularly partisan to go after the NFL or Snyder. You could argue meaningless government oversight, bigger fish to fry, all of that kind of stuff, but I didn't really see partisan as a big motivator here.

The partisan part I was referring to was the Republican sides attempt to downplay and minimize the participants stories and to openly question whether the issue should even be in front of the committee.

(This coming from a registered Republican.)

The partisan part I was referring to was the Republican sides attempt to downplay and minimize the participants stories and to openly question whether the issue should even be in front of the committee.

(This coming from a registered Republican.)
Oh, I see. Yeah as always, it is one side trying to grab "glory" and another side trying to stop that from happening, with no regard to anything in the central ideal. Is it a "good thing" or a "bad thing" - and should we make it political?

Yeah you are totally right. That is annoying. These stories are pretty horrific if they are true. Prostitutes? I mean, I am not here to judge anyone, or say that people should be judged for cheating on wives or whatever (unless they put themselves up as holier than thou, in which case they ask for it), but these are employees. I just don't get how anyone can let this slide. Even in the rarefied air of the billionaires' club of the NFL, this had to be a pretty tough decision for at least some of them. A wild guess, but I'm thinking they did know about a lot of this (or all of it), but decided it a) couldn't be proven, and b) acting on it would expose them to a litigious miscreant's wrath, so the a + b = c, and c was do (almost) nothing. I am not sure how hard they tried to prove anything though, and while I thought I imagined bad stuff would be revealed, this is worse than I pictured.

You all are hitting on why I hate politics. It’s never about right or wrong. It’s always about who can take credit and who can be in the spotlight. If one side says something, you most oppose the on the other side no matter what. It sucks. It’s why I thought this whole thing going to congress was kind of useless. If it gets Snyder out of ownership, then I’ll change my mind. Otherwise, it’s a dog and pony show.

It’s not a dog and pony show to those women. I am skeptical like you that anything happens. Sadly the NFL doesn’t care (and to be honest, as supporters of an NFL team we are supporting some terrible people). But for the women who went though this shit, this is their chance to publicly call Snyder and others to account. I’m sure that means a lot to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.