• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

Kind of expected it... Gruden going after the league, and Goodell
" There is no explanation or justification for why Gruden's emails were the only ones made public out of the 650,000 emails "
Pretty compelling point...

Skirted what we all know to be the issue - but yeah, I haven’t heard any other player comment on it. That’s the problem though, those actually charged with ensuring work environments are professional don’t care and are culpable themselves.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't know the specifics of what documents *exactly* that Congress has requested. I do wonder if they requested every email to/from certain executives during a lengthy period (like the batch that got Jon Gruden fired). If they are, I don't blame the NFL for pushing back or refusing to provide them. Unless there is a very specific criminal allegation that is being actively investigated, I'm not even sure the FBI or DOJ even has carte blanche rights to receive and read all emails within a private company. And even though I want the **** I believe went down in Ashburn exposed, and Dan Snyder out of this org, I don't think Congress necessarily has a legit right to use that kind of a broad net.

Then again, I'm not a lawyer. Going to be interesting to see where this goes, but I just have the feeling that if the NFL doesn't want to provide mass emails, there's probably not a judge out there that's going to force them to.

NFL executives reacting to requests from Congress.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't know the specifics of what documents *exactly* that Congress has requested. I do wonder if they requested every email to/from certain executives during a lengthy period (like the batch that got Jon Gruden fired). If they are, I don't blame the NFL for pushing back or refusing to provide them. Unless there is a very specific criminal allegation that is being actively investigated, I'm not even sure the FBI or DOJ even has carte blanche rights to receive and read all emails within a private company. And even though I want the **** I believe went down in Ashburn exposed, and Dan Snyder out of this org, I don't think Congress necessarily has a legit right to use that kind of a broad net.

Then again, I'm not a lawyer. Going to be interesting to see where this goes, but I just have the feeling that if the NFL doesn't want to provide mass emails, there's probably not a judge out there that's going to force them to.

I would imagine if there was a way to prove a crime was committed that could open the door, and in a lot of jurisdictions voyeurism is against the law... just don't know about how the laws carry over depending on where the recording occurred.

And is there even an active lawsuit against the team out there? I should know the answer to that but I don't...

Statute of limitations might well apply here as well, which might be why there isn't a criminal suit pending.

There were rumblings of a protest tonight, and some people have suggested walking out in the middle of the first quarter... These ladies have been a couple of the more vocal when speaking out against the team...

Not gonna happen. I support them but they are pretty naive that this is going to catch on.

Well - this will be interesting :)

Yeah, I’m expecting his book to be 90% fiction. He’s an attention whore at this point of his career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.