• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

Makes you wonder if they really have anything on Snyder?

If there was a smoking gun, pretty sure it would be out on the table by now.

That may be true, but he was in charge of all of this. He is responsible for the organization. If this was a one time isolated event, then sure if he wasn't involved then you got nothing. But this is years and years of a toxic workplace. Not to mention the fact they had a bare bones HR department to handle these things. That's on Snyder too. There is so much that falls on Snyder even if there is not smoking gun where he was directly involved.

Makes you wonder if they really have anything on Snyder?

If there was a smoking gun, pretty sure it would be out on the table by now.

Not sure on this. When you are paying off people left and right on exchange for NDAs, and those that aren’t involved in that are terrified of having their careers ruined or being bankrupted by litigation, who knows what secrets we don’t know about?

When I read that ‘Damn Snyder’ list of missteps and awful behavior the very first thing that came to my mind was ‘And this is just the stuff we know about…’

Andrew Brant has dedicated several episodes of his The Business of Sports podcast to the WFT/NFL scandal this week.

The one with Lisa Banks, who represents 40 former team employees, is particularly interesting.

I think this is our best hope ST. Public opinion after negative congressional testimony could change the leagues' stance and force a sale.

As much as I hate a witch hunt with politicians involved this one would have my full support.

Pay wall so ‘what happens next’ is a mystery, lol. Unlikely imho that the NFL gives them anything. They’ll issue a statement because they aren’t compelled to give Congress a thing. Congress could issue a subpoena for the documents and that might have more of a chance of producing something although the NFL may continue to stick to the ludicrous ‘there is no report’ story.

Has Congress ever been able to make a private entity do what they didn't want?

I can't help but think of Facebook and how that resulted in a big fat nothing.

Best thing that could happen is a 100% fan boycott. Get rid of Snyder or zero fan support. But honestly this fanbase is part of the problem because the mindset is ‘I support the team no matter what’. That sounds great except supporting the team = supporting the reign of Dan Snyder. Only way he ever gets gone is if it becomes clear that Washington is a dead franchise whose fans have walked away and that Snyder must go for revenues to ever come back. And because Snyder will hold on even if it’s just for spite that might only result in them moving the team.

Honestly, I’d be okay with it because I could finally move on without having to root for a Daniel Snyder owned team ever again. I’d prefer Washington not have a team if having Snyder continue as owner is our only option.

Has Congress ever been able to make a private entity do what they didn't want?

I can't help but think of Facebook and how that resulted in a big fat nothing.

I brought it up earlier. They got MLB to put a PED policy in place. No other real action was taken, but they at least got that. The only thing I could see coming out of this is forcing the NFL to get Snyder to sell. Even that might be a stretch and just a hopeful outcome. But if people are thinking that this will result in arrests, I wouldn’t count on it.

What I fear is that this just leads to another marketing campaign by the NFL to show they care about women. No real action, just a bunch of words pretending they care.

I wouldn’t look for Congress to force the NFL to do anything.

I think the best we could hope for the ladies involved to tell their stories publicly in front of a national audience. The media would be on this kind of story like rabid animals. If any of these stories they relate directly involve Dan or Dan having knowledge of the transgressions then it’s over for little Danny. The NFL wouldn’t be able to protect him and the other owners would distance themselves from him like he had Cooties.

When you throw a drowning man a life preserver he doesn’t complain that it’s a little small. You just hang on.

Edit: I found the link to the SI article that detailed some of Jerry Richardson's story before they forced him to sell. Link

Last edited:
Edit: I found the link to the SI article that detailed some of Jerry Richardson's story before they forced him to sell. Link
Nice find. SI has some good articles on the situation that I hadn't seen. I had been curious how Tonya was doing as owner stand-in or whatever she is. I guess she is doing "the Dan" (when you suck at owning a team in every observable way) already. The other little nugget in this article is that Dan does not have an email address. WHAT?!?!? What year is this? How... I am left with so many questions. It may explain a lot of stupidity though. I thought there were allegations involving him emailing stuff, but maybe we just naturally read things as "emailed" in our heads in 2021. Again, I really don't buy that at all. It sounds absurd.

NFL owners say Tanya Snyder gave “tone-deaf” remarks at privileged session - Sports Illustrated

Honestly, does anyone here think there wouldn't be racism and misogyny found in any professional sports team owned by an old, white man?

Last edited:
Honestly, does anyone here think there wouldn't be racism and misogyny found in any professional sports team owned by old, white men?

Nope. Maybe more coverage of such things will pull back the covers though. Maybe.

As an old white guy, I find this offensive.

I think you meant to say old white billionaires.

There is, admittedly, an assumption of wealth, my friend. :)

In fact, I think the wealth necessary to own a pro sports franchise insulates these guys and allows for the magnification of biases, thus allowing them to be racist and misogynistic.

They did it the old-fashioned way…

They earned it. 😉

There is, admittedly, an assumption of wealth, my friend. :)

In fact, I think the wealth necessary to own a pro sports franchise insulates these guys and allows for the magnification of biases, thus allowing them to be racist and misogynistic.

I guess I should’ve put a smiley at the end of my comment :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.