• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

So this could throw a GIANT wrench in my theory about Bezos... I think the NFL wants Bezos in as an owner and if he gets LA then they get what they want in one of the biggest markets in the world.

So this could throw a GIANT wrench in my theory about Bezos... I think the NFL wants Bezos in as an owner and if he gets LA then they get what they want in one of the biggest markets in the world.

Bezos probably also wants Hollywood. Ascending to the highest of the world's social ladder...at last. That mid-life crisis must be something....

My theory has another hole punched in it with this. I wonder why Nike hasn't come after Snyder?

I am so proud of Nike for being defenders of all humans and having such a high stan...

oh, wait....they still have kids in sweatshops making their products?

ok...carry on. High profile "wokeness" at it again.

I am so proud of Nike for being defenders of all humans and having such a high stan...

oh, wait....they still have kids in sweatshops making their products?

ok...carry on. High profile "wokeness" at it again.

Yeah, Nike and a lot of other sponsors are huge hypocrites on these matters. They clearly go with the way the wind is blowing to try and make themselves look better to the public. We saw it with the name here too. They stopped selling Redskins gear despite the fact it was shown time and again not to be racist, but have been silent on the mistreatment of women in the organization.

As it relates to the Team, I am surprised that more sponsors haven’t abandoned the team over this scandal. Normally they are quick to leave so they don’t appear to be in favor of sexual harassment. Yet outside of the name, have any actually left? I mean there are documented cases over many years yet the sponsors seem to be silent. Maybe they aren’t and I’m just not paying attention. But you see how they have dropped Watson over his allegations and made a public statement about it. Clearly they don't see value in coming after the Team for how they treated actual people. It’s all about the fake outrage for the name that they cared about.

Yeah, Nike and a lot of other sponsors are huge hypocrites on these matters. They clearly go with the way the wind is blowing to try and make themselves look better to the public. We saw it with the name here too. They stopped selling Redskins gear despite the fact it was shown time and again not to be racist, but have been silent on the mistreatment of women in the organization.

As it relates to the Team, I am surprised that more sponsors haven’t abandoned the team over this scandal. Normally they are quick to leave so they don’t appear to be in favor of sexual harassment. Yet outside of the name, have any actually left? I mean there are documented cases over many years yet the sponsors seem to be silent. Maybe they aren’t and I’m just not paying attention. But you see how they have dropped Watson over his allegations and made a public statement about it. Clearly they don't see value in coming after the Team for how they treated actual people. It’s all about the fake outrage for the name that they cared about.

I have the same feeling and the only thing I can think of is the fact that the results of the investigation have not been announced. No penalty or reference to findings. Sponsor may be waiting to get outraged until the verdict is in... kind of like not wanting to protest a not guilty until the jury announces.

I have the same feeling and the only thing I can think of is the fact that the results of the investigation have not been announced. No penalty or reference to findings. Sponsor may be waiting to get outraged until the verdict is in... kind of like not wanting to protest a not guilty until the jury announces.

I would prefer that too. That’s how everyone should be operating. Except with Watson, they have frozen his endorsements only because of accusations. So they don’t wait. Many other cases they don’t wait. That’s what is odd here with the Team. They are waiting in this case for some reason.

They’re all afraid of Dan Snyder guys. And rightfully so. The only reason FedEx took him on is because the minority owner wanted them to. If you think any of these companies really care about the issue itself (vs bad PR and it’s impact on the bottom line) I think you’re kidding yourselves. To be fair, most fans don’t care. Look at how few of us retweet the stories and outcry that these women post on social media, or God forbid express their own outrage. Fans are just as bad as the corporations are - they worship the product and anyone who tries to damage the product is the enemy.

I'm not giving up hope.. but i'm admitting to losing confidence...

You know once he truly gets past all of the negative press his true nature is going to come to the forefront. I have to imagine he’s a seething ball of anger and resentment that anyone has dared to criticize his tenure or impugn his character. I’m not sure who he will eventually direct that rage towards but I’m confident it is coming once the focus is no longer so brightly on him.

You know once he truly gets past all of the negative press his true nature is going to come to the forefront. I have to imagine he’s a seething ball of anger and resentment that anyone has dared to criticize his tenure or impugn his character. I’m not sure who he will eventually direct that rage towards but I’m confident it is coming once the focus is no longer so brightly on him.

i wonder if this is the type of thing that causes him to move the team... especially if Fedex drops and somewhere like London calls offering to cover a portion of the cost of a new state of the art stadium.

Well, it’s the only thing he could do that would take the hatred Washington fans have for him to a completely new level :)

So I’d say it’s possible.

BTW the hit pieces have slowed a bit... feels like it's time for another to arise.

They may not have anything more to drop on him.

If the League leadership really wanted Snyder out, I tend to think he'd BE out. Goodell is no paper tiger. I understand that team owners have a lot of power and it would require a majority of them being on board, but what Goodell wants, Goodell gets. He just doesn't want to make a lifelong enemy in Daniel Snyder, not unless he has no other choice.

I'm not sure it's over... yet

I was speaking more to my theory... this is basically it in a tweet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.