• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

... unless of course the "guy in the know" is a Bezos plant, leaking something to get under Dan's skin, maybe goad him into saying something that will make it easier for Bezos' eventual bid that IS coming to come in under $6.2 billion, and give his newspaper more time to print investigative shit to embarrass Dan on his way out the door.

It's all very psychological.

This is why I have trust issues!!

Reactions: Om
If things go by the script so far, Bezos submits his bid tomorrow :)

AJ Perez has posted a lot of stuff about all of this.
Jeff Bezos Won’t Bid on Washington Commanders (frontofficesports.com)

Also of interest, maybe:
How The Federal Reserve Is Complicating Commanders Sale (frontofficesports.com)

I still don't know fully what to make of him, but he is starting to seem more credible. It's hard to gauge. As you all said, Bezos could either be legitimately considering this and anyway change his mind, or it could be a feint. So it's all with pounds of salt, but I could certainly see Bezos getting cold feet. I don't know that he would have a desire to deal with Snyder at this point, but there is so much conjecture in all facets of this.

It sounds like he’s finally letting folks know he’s not interested. I’m not sure why we had to have months of conjecture when he likely knew he wasn’t going to bid for quite awhile but I guess that’s how uber narcissist billionaires roll :)

Interesting that the WaPo reporters are linking other reporters info on this ‘news’. One would think that they just might have their own source.

It just came across "the score" so I believe it's true. He's out. Will be a hell of a smokescreen if he does bid.

It sounds like he’s finally letting folks know he’s not interested. I’m not sure why we had to have months of conjecture when he likely knew he wasn’t going to bid for quite awhile but I guess that’s how uber narcissist billionaires roll :)
Speaking of narcissist billionaires --
Manchester United sale: Finnish businessman Zilliacus out (espn.com)
The best part is at the end:
Some sources have indicated to ESPN that the Glazers, highly unpopular owners since taking over at Old Trafford in a leveraged buy-out in 2005, may value United at even higher than £6bn, particularly after NFL team, the Washington Commanders, received takeover bids of more than £5.6bn.

Nothing new here but feels like this will be over soon…

Gotta love the last part:
Despite momentum for a resolution within the next week or so, sources warn that anything can happen when it comes to Snyder.
If he had any true dignity, he would be so ashamed. He is almost universally looked at as a ridiculous figure, and honestly, "ridiculous" is one of the most complimentary adjectives people could use. If Dan moves to the UK, maybe he will use the proceeds to get in on the Man U purchase from the Glazers. There is a 0.0000001% chance of that happening, but one of the reasons I never thought we'd see this day (and I share Mike's nerves about fully believing it) is because Dan is one of those owners who just loves being an owner, especially of this team. He just managed to screw it up so royally.

I’ve said it many times - there’s no way Snyder is doing this of his own volition. It’s ‘sell or else’. NFL has to have serious dirt on him or we’d never be where we appear to be.

Derek coming in hot......

3, 2, 1....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.