• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

True that. I'd feel for the new owner though ... it'd be a bit of a sticky wicket. While many fans are down on Griffin, I know there are many (not necessarily on this site, granted) who still remember him pretty fondly. Having to publicly tell RGIII "thanks but no thanks" as one of the first acts of a new regime would definitely get some mixed reactions and media attention.

Sheesh.

Maybe Robert’s father can become a minority investor, too?

Only if he and junior can dictate the terms.

How much can RGIII realistically contribute to the purchase?

Consider, if the sale price is $6B then even a 1% share is still $60M which makes a 1/10th% share $6M.

I've seen RGIII's estimated net worth placed somewhere in the vicinity of $16M meaning he would have to invest nearly half of his net worth to get even a 1/10th% share in the team.

I don't see it.

Robert be bringing the minor to the minority partner table.

The other massive part of this is that everyone involved has signed confidentiality agreements. RG3 just violated that big time, so either he hasn't signed one, or he made a really stupid mistake.

I just don’t want him involved. I don’t think anyone beyond casual fans who only remember the 2012 season would want him involved.

Here’s the thing… if he is associated at all, you’ll feel like he’s co-owner because he will never shut up and it’s always, always about Robert.

I also think it would be a red flag that a prospective new owner isn’t more in tune with this fanbase and how they view the guy.

The other massive part of this is that everyone involved has signed confidentiality agreements. RG3 just violated that big time, so either he hasn't signed one, or he made a really stupid mistake.
That's one of the main reason I don't think it's real And they've already submitted their bid so they haven't included him already. Why and at what point would they add him?

One rumor I heard was that Bezos was going to wait out the sale and then a year or two down the line was going to take a significant minority stake in the team once the Snyders are out of the picture.

So, Bezos may not be out of the equation at this point.

As far as RGIII goes, I don't get it. In part I think he is trumpeting himself to gain consideration in the process.

Magic Johnson is already part of the Harris Group and his bona fides in terms of creating and managing businesses through shrewd dealings is far above whatever RGIII could possibly add to the table.

And it's not as if RGIII was a player here during any glory years of winning that would be of note to the NFL owners committee or the public perception of the sale.

I just spoke to my Amazon delivery driver and he told me that his manager told him that Bezos was waiting until the last moment so that he can get the sale done in 2 days.

(Not at shot at you Bulldog, I’m just tired, sick and tired I tell you, of the endless rumor, speculation, and hearsay from people who probably know no more than I do about the sale and their ‘sources’.)

Heard from Floyd down at the barbershop that once RG3 had a small stake in the team, he was going to march into Bienemy's office and tell him which plays he would run and which plays he can't.
Barney's suggestion was to nip it in the bud...........

Rumor mill is crazy.

6B26D219-1EA8-4125-9CE4-5F669938B586.gif

Heard that Bezos was just in town
Heard he got a bid in
Around 6 Billion
And RG3 is a clown

My worst thought - RGIII puts in $1M and becomes a voice of the team on TV or radio broadcasts :stop:

My worst thought - RGIII puts in $1M and becomes a voice of the team on TV or radio broadcasts :stop:

I can't imagine the major networks would a have him on to call the games, so it would only be local... and I would be willing to bet the viewership would not support that move for long.

That said, there is a large contingent of this fanbase that still loves that guy... me.. not so much. He's pretty good at it, but it's like your ex getting a job at the same place you work. We've all moved on from the nonsense, and gotten over the fact that he's on ESPN, but now we have to see / hear from him regularly while wearing the same logo on the uniform...

I can't imagine the major networks would a have him on to call the games, so it would only be local... and I would be willing to bet the viewership would not support that move for long.

That said, there is a large contingent of this fanbase that still loves that guy... me.. not so much. He's pretty good at it, but it's like your ex getting a job at the same place you work. We've all moved on from the nonsense, and gotten over the fact that he's on ESPN, but now we have to see / hear from him regularly while wearing the same logo on the uniform...
Yeah, I can't see RGIII becoming Sonny. RGIII's story is one of failed promise. He had an incredible rookie season, one of the best I've ever seen, and then it all cratered. In some respects, that puts him in worse territory than Babe Laufenburg.

This feels like it’s a precursor to the announcement of the sale. Anyone know why he was on the show? I could see the NFL decide to get him out in the public like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.