• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Super Bowl XLVII Game Thread

What an awesome game!

Flacco absolutely kicks ass. Boldin continues to amaze. And the Ravens just had one of the most incredible runs in playoff history.

Go into Denver and beat Manning? Then fly into New England and beat Brady? Child, please.

Few have ever had a more difficult road to the SB. Kudos to one of the most deserving SB teams in a long, long time.
Realizing that the drama queen/double murderer, just got another trophy that belongs in Cleveland, for a city/state that purchased stolen merchandise off the black market, should nullify any positive feelings about it.

Tragic.

Realizing that the drama queen/double murderer, just got another trophy that belongs in Cleveland, for a city/state that purchased stolen merchandise off the black market, should nullify any positive feelings about it.

Tragic.

The Boston Redskins! The Boston Redskins! :eclipsee_Victoria:

What I saw was a receiver getting mugged immediately, and trying to shove the guy off of him.

If offsetting fouls floats your boat though, they should have replayed the down.

SF wasn't about to get a call in that game though. On the return, one of the cover guys was getting held by TWO Ravens, for about 12 yards. He was the guy who would have been in the lane Jones took.

Still though, for all the shoulda-wouldas and the issue with the lights, Baltimore made a helluva run, as McD5 pointed out. I'd just like to have seen the last game decided more "cleanly."
How about all the non calls against Culliver? He got away with mugging people the entire game. Every time he covered Smith or Boldin, he was draped on them from start to finish, and still got burned all night. The only time they called it was when they had no choice because it was so flagrant. Regardless, watch the replay - the ball sailed out of bounds. The fact it was unlikely to be caught could be why no flag was thrown, since there is that option on pass plays.

My response to Culliver's game: with coverage like that, most gay football players probably don't want YOU in THEIR locker room.

I detest post season officiating and the notion that you just "let them play". The rules are the rules. Call the dam penalties as if it were any other game. They should be consistent throughout.

The football gods obviously enjoyed screwing with the league's most prized possession last night, but didn't have the balls to follow through with their desires.

You've been spared this time goodell. You best heed the warning. You're staring at football blizzard apocalypse shutdown next year if you don't.

The most blatant non-call of the game was the TWO Turdbirds holding/mugging/dry humping the 49er during the kickoff return TD.

SuperBowl_Blackout_zpsc58a67f4.gif

Tragic.

exploding-bomb.gif

The fact it was unlikely to be caught could be why no flag was thrown, since there is that option on pass plays.

That's true of pass interference, but not of defensive holding. The ball could have been thrown into the Gulf, and you can still call holding.

To say nothing of the fact that he gets to it easily without carrying an extra 200 pounds along for the ride. He missed it by 18 inches.

Crabtree initiates contact, making it a good non-call IMO. If he ran through it, he would have definitely gotten the flag.

I did finally see it. :)

Also, looks like that wasn't the only game-changing call; Akers totally flopped on the "running into the kicker" penalty that nullified his miss.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/02/03/david-akers-flop-gif/1889289/

Called that last night and thought to myself, great acting Akers...

Oh and Jason, there are a lot of people saying that Crabtree initiating the contact was a good reason to let them play, but on the other side of the field is where the real hold was against Delaney. So if you want to complain, go back and look at Delaney being held around the waist...

Also, on 2 huge plays for the 49ers, one was Kaepernick's 15 yard scamper for a critical 1st down and the other Frank Gore's TD run, the DE on that side if the ball was nearly yanked down by his jersey. On the 2nd down play on the last series from the 7, the guy filling in for the injured Ngata was pulled to the ground by his jersey which should have backed them up 10 more yards...

Plays were missed on both sides of the ball. If you have to complain about a non-call, then you miss the plenty of other opportunities that were missed.

Last edited:
OK, so the Akers dive was a 3-point swing.

The non-hold on the return was 7. The non-hold that would have been in all likelihood 7 more.

So officiating-wise, the Ravens still came out 11 points ahead. :)

Not about some specific call, but I thought the officiating was terrible for the whole game. It was clear they were instructed to not call penalties. They didn't want the big game to be influenced by it.

The Ravens instructed their special teams to hold on the punt-turned-safety play. It was clear as day every single one of them was holding. There was not one flag. Not one. So that should tell you all you need to know about the officiating of the game in general.

I have a problem with that. They're screwing up the game for the sole purpose of marketing. The most important game of the year is dictated not by the rules, but by a desire to have a certain public perception.

Not about some specific call, but I thought the officiating was terrible for the whole game. It was clear they were instructed to not call penalties. They didn't want the big game to be influenced by it.

The Ravens instructed their special teams to hold on the punt-turned-safety play. It was clear as day every single one of them was holding. There was not one flag. Not one. So that should tell you all you need to know about the officiating of the game in general.

That's a bad example, because the result of the holding would have been a safety anyway, so the non-calls did not matter. End result of the play was the same.

The blatant holding on the kickoff return for the TD was the worst non call of the game.

And it definitely influenced to outcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.