• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Snyder Approaches BOA on Prospective ‘Team Sale’

I like her liking football.

“They don’t want to come support you at FedEx Field, it’s probably the worst game day experience in the country. It’s not that they don’t love you as a player, it’s not that they don’t love their team, 'cause they do,” he tells Torre. “So it’s hard, as a player, you’re thrust in and half the time you’re not really even from there, you’re in the middle of it, you’re trying to dissect it, you’re just trying to win ball games, and play your best. So, it’s hard.

Nice to see someone besides fans getting onboard with the idea.

Surprised at the total lack of rumors on what might be going on with the team sale. It’s quiet. Too quiet.

I agree and have been conditioned by the organization to expect the worst.

Just when I think I’m in, they pull me back out. 🤣

I don’t subscribe to ‘Forbes’ but their article from today states their are multiple bids on excess of $7 billion for the Commanders franchise. Gotta wonder if Snyder will hold out for even more?

Embattled owner Daniel Snyder has received bids for the Washington Commanders “well north” of $7 billion, according to people familiar with the process.

The deal would also include FedEx Field and the 264 acres around it, as well as 150 acres at the team’s headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia, said the people. Snyder paid $750 million for the Commanders, then known as the Redskins, in 1999.

Snyder hired Bank of America to look into selling all or part of the team in early November.

In August, Forbes valued the Commanders at $5.6 billion (excluding the real estate), sixth among the league’s 32 teams. A couple of weeks prior to the Forbes valuation, a group led by WalmartWMT -1.7% heir Rob Walton purchasedthe Denver Broncos for $4.65 billion, the most ever paid for a sports team. The enterprise value/revenue multiple for the Broncos deal was nearly 9, compared with 5.9 for David Tepper’s $2.8 billion purchase of the Carolina Panthers in 2018.

The Dallas Cowboys are the NFL’s highest-valued team at $8 billion, according to Forbes.
In general, sports teams remain very hot assets. The NBA’s Phoenix Suns are set to change hands at a $4 billion valuation, a record for a basketball team and an astounding 13 times revenue.’

Forbes did not contact me about my bid for none of the team. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Fist Bump
Reactions: Om
If that’s not true, it will be my first grievance aired tomorrow on Festivus.

I'd be surprised if any real details came out tomorrow... maybe vague references but even if he got 7 bids tomorrow I doubt any moves are made before the 1st of the year

No public information... but buying odds changing in Vegas....

Let's face it, unless Snyder sells the team we are going to get not only Ron Rivera but ALL of his staff and front office people back in 2023.

We need to make a clean slate of it after 3 years of treading water at just below the .500 line.

We need a GM that is going to be given the freedom to go out and find a younger HC and franchise quarterback by whatever means and build a contending team around him.

It's time to make the Nation's Capital one of the signature venues for the sport again.

I want Bezos. I don't want a group that owns multiple sports franchises which would clearly indicate it is about profit and profit only and by definition divided attention.

There's a part of me that has wondered if Snyder's pettiness would prevent him from selling to Bezos. He seems to really hate the Washington Post.

For some of us (🙋🏻‍♂️) the new owner, if there is one, will likely be the last owner of our lifetimes.

I’m kinda hoping they get it right.

There are so many descriptive adjectives available to describe Daniel Snyder. Let’s make a list-

Petty
Vengeful
Arrogant
Egotistical

Feel free to add your own.

I want Bezos. I don't want a group that owns multiple sports franchises which would clearly indicate it is about profit and profit only and by definition divided attention.
I agree on wanting Bezos first.

Having said that, Boehly & Co. have shown intent to win with Chelsea FC since purchasing the club in the summer. There has been a huge investment in players with more rumored to be coming this month. He has remade the front office entirely and didn't hesitate to sack the manager less than 2 months into the season when the team wasn't getting results. That group has also won a championship with the Dodgers. His group would be an interesting prospect.

Correction - deleted the part about the Lakers. AEG didn't get a stake in the Lakers until August of 2021 so were not part of the Lakers' 2020 NBA Championship.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.