• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rob Jackson suspended by League...

It could have been friggin ambisol or vicodin...who cares. These players are 100 percent accountable for getting dinged. The only problem I have is the appeals process and how an obvious cheater gets off with a leaky cup when others with prescriptions and valid medical excuses still get suspended.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, one of my big problems with it as well.

There was an article on ESPN last year about Toradol, a pain-reliever that many players (including Romo) "rely" on throughout the season. Its so easy to get a prescription for a pain-killer - so they are taking these every week, yet Jackson takes one for a toothache, and gets slammed. Just seems unreasonable to me.

I'm not defending Jackson's actions - he has got to be smarter - I'm simply saying that the testing procedures may tilt the field against us sometimes.

here is the problem with taking ANYTHING that is unprsecribed

A few years ago at the winter olympics a Scottish Skier called Alain (yes funny spelling) won a medal at the slalomn event, it was the first medal Britain had one in any form of skiing since god knows when. Three days later the medal was stripped from him and he was banned for two years for failing a drugs test.

What drug did he take I hear you ask. Well I shall tell you, a vicks nassel spray he bought in the olympic village to help clear his blocked nose. Why did he fail the test. The one he bought and used did not have the same formulae as the one availible over the counter in britain that is allowed under olympic regulations. The one he bough in America had one added ingredient that was on the banned list.

Everyone accepted his story but he still ost his medal and had to sit out his ban.

Jackson and every other player associated with this team should know we under scruitiny, if there are precribed painkillers that are legaly availible then get on legaly and prescribed, it is not getlemen fecking rocket sceince.

So is the consensus here that it was legitimate, or another conspiracy by the league ?

Personally, I think the test was legit, and I think Jackson is a moron, and I also think we are going to be under constant scrutiny from the league for a while so why bring on trouble?

Again, why are the Redskins leading the league in these suspensions?

With some younger players like Trent it was immaturity, but others that are vets should know better.

Especially in Jackson's case where these were not illegal drugs or enhanced, simply treatment products.

No doubt the team could have prescribed him something that would no have put him in this position.

lets try looking at it from a different angle if we can.

Why if "prescribed" drugs are availible would you take "unprescribed"?

He claims it was for toothache, but what if it was because he knew he would get them on prescription?

Could he have a problem with painkillers that means he had to get then "unprescribed".

If that is true then Jackson needs help

lets try looking at it from a different angle if we can.

Why if "prescribed" drugs are availible would you take "unprescribed"?

My theory is that players across the league do this all the time, and we are unfairly targeted. Again, not excusing Jackson, just giving the reason why he was singled out for pain-killer abuse, when the entire league does it all the time.

Personally, I think the test was legit, and I think Jackson is a moron, and I also think we are going to be under constant scrutiny from the league for a while so why bring on trouble?

I'm in total agreement with this view.

Bingo.

My theory is that players across the league do this all the time, and we are unfairly targeted. Again, not excusing Jackson, just giving the reason why he was singled out for pain-killer abuse, when the entire league does it all the time.
We aren't being unfairly targeted on this IMO. The abusers aren't getting busted, because they had prescriptions for them. Brett Favre is a perfect example. Jackson went the idiot route instead. He gambled and lost, plain and simple.

Bingo.

We aren't being unfairly targeted on this IMO. The abusers aren't getting busted, because they had prescriptions for them. Brett Favre is a perfect example. Jackson went the idiot route instead. He gambled and lost, plain and simple.

Just because someone has a prescription doesn't mean he isn't abusing painkillers.

Just because someone has a prescription doesn't mean he isn't abusing painkillers.
I'm well aware of that, hence the Brett Favre example. I was simply pointing out that the reason the abusers don't get popped like Jackson, is because the NFL has no rules against painkillers. They have rules against taking them without a prescription. The league doesn't care how many you take, they care whether or not you obtained them legally.

The same thing applies if your job does a random urinalysis. If you test positive for opiates, you get fired unless you produce a prescription showing you are within your legal rights to be taking them.

if you look at about half of the cases with the Redskins, they are with players the team recently acquired.

Tanard Jackson had long-standing issues. Cedric Griffin was a one year deal at minimum. Jordan Black was picked up in the middle of the season as a street free agent. Philip Buchanon was another pickup who had journeyed around the NFL.

With these players, at least those other than Black, the team should have known better.

...the argument could be made the only reason those knuckleheads were brought in at all was the 11th hour imposition of the cap penalty, which necessitated turning over some rocks the team might never had contemplated otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.