• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rob Jackson suspended by League...

Proof that the Redskins are just unlucky, knowingly select drug addicts, or are being unfairly targeted: since 2011, the Redskins have accounted for 14.6% of all "banned-substance" suspensions.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/03...bstance-abuse-or-performance-enhancing-drugs/

Cowboys aren't on that list at all, and the Giants are near the top.

I'm as inclined to blame Goodell and Mara for just about anything these days, but unfortunately this looks self-inflicted. Sigh.

This is becoming epidemic on the team. We evidently need to have the coach sit all the players down and explain that ANY meds they are planning to take need to be cleared with team doctors.

It seems that we are leading the league in these suspensions the past couple of years.

And as for the pot suspensions, we seem to be leaders on that too with Williams, Davis and Buchanon.

You can 't tell me they are the only players smoking in the offseason.

Just too ignorant of the testing cycle I guess.

Last edited:
Cowboys aren't on that list at all, and the Giants are near the top.

I'm as inclined to blame Goodell and Mara for just about anything these days, but unfortunately this looks self-inflicted. Sigh.

Agreed. I blame two things -
increased testing abilities and the NFL/NFLPA agreeing to an ever widening definition of performance enhancers and substance abuse (the list appears to be growing exponentially at this point)

and being an organization that's had it hands tied in terms of player acquisitions due to awful contracts and lack of draft picks from the previous ass clown and the salary cap penalty (which, ironically enough, can also be tied directly to the previous ass clown)

Now we know why he was willing to come back here at reasonable cost for 2013. Once this hit the street he was only going to see vet minimum deals for next season.

Let's see what he took for his tooth ache before placing him under the bus.

What does it matter? I'm not going to throw him under the bus, only because I think the NFL has created policies that punish guys for infractions that have zero bearing on workplace or on the field performance. That being said, barring additional information, it appears he violated the policy and regardless of the details he has made himself unavailable to help his team for the first quarter of the season.

With Rob Jackson and Lorenzo Alexander both playing OL, it doesn't make sense to me at all why the Skins would choose to pay Rob and not Zo. Certainly the Skins knew about the drug test result prior to FA starting.

I can come to only three possible conclusions given the info I know:

1 - Skins believe that the drug test will be appealed successfully and/or...
2 - Skins believe Jackson is a better deal at 75% than Zo is at 100% and/or...
3 - Skins are really that hard-up with the cap penalty that they had to settle for the guy who would get paid less - regardless of talent and off-the-field issues.

Let's see what he took for his tooth ache before placing him under the bus.
Why? It was an unprescribed pain killer. They aren't talking about 800mg Motrin here, because you can take that much over the counter. That means he either took Vicodin or Percocet. Without a prescription. Unless something has changed, that isn't only a rules violation, it's illegal. Dude is a dumbass.

Why? It was an unprescribed pain killer. They aren't talking about 800mg Motrin here, because you can take that much over the counter. That means he either took Vicodin or Percocet. Without a prescription. Unless something has changed, that isn't only a rules violation, it's illegal. Dude is a dumbass.

There are many things on the NFL's banned substance list that are both prescription and over-the-counter. It might very well have been motrin or a tylenol, which is why we have to wait and see.

With Rob Jackson and Lorenzo Alexander both playing OL, it doesn't make sense to me at all why the Skins would choose to pay Rob and not Zo. Certainly the Skins knew about the drug test result prior to FA starting.

I can come to only three possible conclusions given the info I know:

1 - Skins believe that the drug test will be appealed successfully and/or...
2 - Skins believe Jackson is a better deal at 75% than Zo is at 100% and/or...
3 - Skins are really that hard-up with the cap penalty that they had to settle for the guy who would get paid less - regardless of talent and off-the-field issues.

I personally think Jackson is better than Alexander as a linebacker. I can't imagine he's better at special teams though.

There's been quite a bit floating around about the Alexander situation that suggests it wasn't quite what we originally though, including the Redskins denying reducing the pay that was originally offered.

I'm wondering if the deal falling through with Alexander had more to do with him wanting to be promised a starting role on defense than anything else. Purely speculation on my part though (obviously)

edit: they knew BEFORE re-signing him? What kind of message does that send? Hey, come to Washington, where you can **** up, and we'll just hope you don't get caught.

The message it sends, is that says nothing is new in DC ; that this has all happened before.
How is this any different than Tanard Jackson ?
He was suspended TWICE - BEFORE we signed him, and then he was suspended a 3rd time while a Skin. And STILL we hear Skins fans talk about bringing him back in 2013, after all that ? That's 10 times worse than the (Rob) Jackson situation. Where was the outrage at Tanard's situation, that we're seeing with Rob's ?
Not only should we avoid druggies, but also avoid players named Jackson ???

There are many things on the NFL's banned substance list that are both prescription and over-the-counter. It might very well have been motrin or a tylenol, which is why we have to wait and see.
They specifically said unprescribed painkiller. NFL player or not, they aren't suspending someone for Tylenol or Motrin. Especially since neither would have required a prescription.

Edit: For the record, no pain killer, over the counter or prescription, is banned by the NFL at all. The only reason he would be in trouble is just as they said, an unprescribed painkiller. Meaning he took a prescription painkiller without a prescription, which is illegal. Not Tylenol, not Motrin, he took an opiate.

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/Banned%20Substance%20List.pdf

What part of unprescribed are people failing to understand?

He or whoever decided they knew better ignored the rules/guidelines

It is his responsibility to check what he is taking

If it was prescribed he might have a defence of saying "I told the doctor it had to be legal for the NFL"

What part of unprescribed are people failing to understand?

He or whoever decided they knew better ignored the rules/guidelines

It is his responsibility to check what he is taking

If it was prescribed he might have a defence of saying "I told the doctor it had to be legal for the NFL"
Exactly. And if it was prescribed, there wouldn't have been a problem since there is no ban on painkillers of any kind.

The more I read, the more it appears painkiller abuse is vastly widespread throughout the league, and the fact that our guy has been singled out for it smells funny.

I read "unprescribed painkiller" as meaning anything, including over the counter drugs.
Except you don't get prescribed over the counter drugs. You just go and get them.

The more I read, the more it appears painkiller abuse is vastly widespread throughout the league, and the fact that our guy has been singled out for it smells funny.
No excuse. He clan't use the fact that everybody is stupid as his defense. It's like the people that complain that a cop pulled them for speeding when everyone around them was speeding.

I'll take that with a side of jumbo shrimp for my military intelligence friends ;)
Posted via BGO Mobile Device
:laugh:

Except you don't get prescribed over the counter drugs. You just go and get them.

Which would make over-the-counter drugs "unprescribed," no? That's how I read it, anyway.

No excuse. He clan't use the fact that everybody is stupid as his defense. It's like the people that complain that a cop pulled them for speeding when everyone around them was speeding.

You misunderstand - I'm not using that as an excuse, I'm postulating that our team is being unfairly targeted.

Which would make over-the-counter drugs "unprescribed," no? That's how I read it, anyway.

You misunderstand - I'm not using that as an excuse, I'm postulating that our team is being unfairly targeted.

It could have been friggin ambisol or vicodin...who cares. These players are 100 percent accountable for getting dinged. The only problem I have is the appeals process and how an obvious cheater gets off with a leaky cup when others with prescriptions and valid medical excuses still get suspended.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.