• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RG3 and Manning: Anything is Possible?

Oh goody, yet another team has expressed an interest in Peyton-this time it's the Chiefs, according to Romeo Crennel.

On Saturday, Kansas City coach Romeo Crennel let it slip that the Chiefs would be interested in pursuing the four-time league MVP -- if the Colts let him leave as a free agent.

Manning
"I'm not supposed to talk about anybody else's players, and he's still a player with Indianapolis," Crennel said, referring to the league's tampering rules. "But with a talent like that, I would be crazy not to consider it if he were available. I'll leave it at that."

Article link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7615263/romeo-crennel-says-kansas-city-chiefs-consider-signing-peyton-manning

And it gets more and more interesting as the days go by...:)

Makes sense - Chiefs were the ones who went after Montana when he was available.

Redskins Nation is going to feel like a prettly badly jilted lover if this guy ends up elsewhere. I haven't seen this kind of emotional investment in a possible draft choice around here since....well....maybe ever.

Trying very hard to stay emotionally neutral, but I gotta admit I'm kinda getting caught up in it myself.

Redskins Nation is going to feel like a prettly badly jilted lover if this guy ends up elsewhere. I haven't seen this kind of emotional investment in a possible draft choice around here since....well....maybe ever.

Trying very hard to stay emotionally neutral, but I gotta admit I'm kinda getting caught up in it myself.

Last time I can remember this kind of investment for a draft pick was for Lavar, and we all know how that turned out...

LaVar was first comparison that jumped to mind, but even then, as I recall the love affair was diluted by the fact we had not one but TWO top-5 picks to chew on....and a certain DE monster named Courtney Brown to consider in addition to LA and Chris Samuels.

Just sayin'. RGIII has captured the burgundy and gold imagination like few before him.

It was fun to watch what happened when I first "introduced" RG3 to the forum early last fall. Just knew that many of you would come to love this kid, so don't feel bad about having such a strong man-crush.

However..........................

I am convinced that the Redskins will get him. Based on some info. from the insider sources that have said a thing or two, they have said that the Redskins are all in on him and we should not be discouraged with the rhetoric out there.

Yes, we will still make a strong play for Peyton Manning. Just tossing that out there. His rehab is going extremely well.

If RG3 fails to land in Washington for whatever reason, the Redskins have shown a strong interest in Ryan Tannehill - despite what you have heard. He won't be a starter in the opening game, but RT is a special athlete/QB who will be a mega-star in this league - right behind RG3 and Luck, but will certainly be a winner.

It was fun to watch what happened when I first "introduced" RG3 to the forum early last fall. Just knew that many of you would come to love this kid, so don't feel bad about having such a strong man-crush.

Say what? I think most people were "introduced" to RG3 by the television.

I remember when my friends and I were drooling over the chance to have Courtney and LaVar lined up next to each other just like at PSU. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful we got Samuels instead.

You never know what could have happened - I'm glad we got Samuels also, but maybe Brown comes to DC and never gets injured? Could have made our defense even nastier. But if I recall correctly, the Browns were debating between Lavar and Brown, so we would have gotten Samuels either way.

This describes me to a tee. Well, minus the emotionally neutral part. I'm positively drooling over the prospect of finally having not just a good QB in B & G but a genuine franchise QB.

Please? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

There sure was a lot of hype around Trent Dilfer/Heath Shuler. It was Norv's first big play as our coach and he was hyped as the QB genius. I am not sure it was capable of today's hype because of the 24/7 news cycle, but there was a lot of hype for that draft as well.

The problem is, if they give a lot to get him, the kid MUST be a superstar. Anything slightly above average, or less, will be a horrible, horrible failure.

Of course we all want whatever decision they make to be right.

I don't give a hoot in hell who we get, or where/how we get him. Just as long as he gets the job done. I'm no more excited about RGIII than any other unproven rookie that hasn't done squat in the NFL. As of today, it's just hype.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.