• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RG3 and Manning: Anything is Possible?

Yep, the rules changes along with the fact no NFL qb except Peyton Manning calls his own plays.

Several teams including the Redskins don't have audibles at the line of scrimmage.

This makes qb a pair of hands on the field, at least at first.

Coaches now control everything the qb does from the box.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yep, the rules changes along with the fact no NFL qb except Peyton Manning calls his own plays.

Several teams including the Redskins don't have audibles at the line of scrimmage.

This makes qb a pair of hands on the field, at least at first.

Coaches now control everything the qb does from the box.

Where did you see that the Redskins don't have audibles?

Grossman audibles all the time. Usually, it's after the snap. The play calls for a touchdown pass, and he audibles to an interception.

Appreciate the quality reply :cheers: At some point, you have to 'gamble'. If you're going to gamble, I like the odds of a top 5 pick much more than trying to find some hidden gem in the later rounds. Looking at your list, I'd immediately throw out Leaf. It's no accident we're still referencing him 15 years after he was drafted. That's because that kind of epic-blowing of a top pick is rare. And the rating of QBs is much more about science than gut these days - the scrutiny top QBs get today is incredibly rigorous. A reach (like Sanchez) is much more possible than an outright blown pick in the first round. It's all about risk vs. reward.

I like our chances of striking gold with a top 2 or 3 QB much more than the odds Shanallen are going to pluck some future HOFer from the later rounds.

there's another diimension to the analysis everyone is sidestepping: so what if you have more draft picks! there is no golden rule that assures those picks will materialize into the foundation of a championship team (any more than that a top pick QB will). better expressed...there's no analysis to back up the assumption. per the norm (execpting Serv!)...I can present as many failures as successes.

I'm with you Boone..accept the risk -> just be a good decision-maker!!

Well, on the anything is possible front, Rex Grossman has stated he wants to return to Washington and try to eliminate the mistakes so he can become the QB he knows he can be.

OK...maybe somethings are not possible.

Well, on the anything is possible front, Rex Grossman has stated he wants to return to Washington and try to eliminate the mistakes so he can become the QB he knows he can be.

OK...maybe somethings are not possible.

going into one's 10th season is as good a time as any to start...eh?

NOT!!!!!

Grossman and Beck both need to be in 12 step programs, because they are both in denial :laugh:

Grossman audibles all the time. Usually, it's after the snap. The play calls for a touchdown pass, and he audibles to an interception.

dang it Ax.....I laughed so hard it disrupted others....

please excuse the mini rant here.

but when in the **** does a rookie with NO, ZERO, ZIP, NADA experience get to dictate a ****ing single thing to an NFL team? Seriously, who the hell does this KID think he is? I cant stand that ****. Id give my left ****ing big toe to be able to play even one snap in the NFL and this kid is acting like he is owed something.

ok, im back.

Mike

1) That PFT article was HIGHLY SPECULATIVE, saying that Luck COULD do that. It was basically Florio's opinion

2) For the sake of our Redskins, lets hope Luck does that and adds another dimension to the top of the draft. We need chaos or else we are out in the cold

please excuse the mini rant here.

but when in the **** does a rookie with NO, ZERO, ZIP, NADA experience get to dictate a ****ing single thing to an NFL team? Seriously, who the hell does this KID think he is? I cant stand that ****. Id give my left ****ing big toe to be able to play even one snap in the NFL and this kid is acting like he is owed something.

ok, im back.

Well... Eli isn't in SD and Elway never played for the Colts.

I agree with you but it does happen.

hmmmm....seems to me that (putting aside the $28 million he has to address), Irsay is genuinely concerned about Manning's health and the possibility of further injury. The Pollians have said as much in radio interviews I have heard.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/21/redskins-have-a-game-plan-at-quarterback-which-haslett-may-have-let-out-of-the-bag/

This story has been getting a lot of press lately. Not a lot of surprises. We may go after Manning or we may trade up for RGIII. I never really thought we were interested in Flynn. The one mild surprise is that we aren't interested in any of the 2nd tier QBs. This is assuming that this "fan" is telling the truth. Apparently he is a preacher. That does make it true but for some reason I actually believe his story.

I have never had a dream that involved the Redskins. Last night, I dreamed we had, in fact, moved up to #2 and drafted RGIII. I think it cost us this year's top two picks and our #1 in 2013.

I believe in my dreams more than I believe in an internet poster claiming Haslett shared the teams plans with him. Haslett isn't a moron.

I don't believe we could ever offer Manning enough money to come to DC. Whatever number you have in your mind right now.....quadruple it. He still wouldn't sign with us.

Yes, Haz let the cat out of the bag. Yes, it is being dealt with in house. Yes, it is proof that we are not interested in Flynn - been saying that for a month now. :)

However - there is renewed interest in Orton. RG3 - you know the story there. Also, the story is two weeks old and it took Florio this long to uncover it - enough said there.

Yes, there are a few Plan Bs in effect due to various scenarios that could unfold.

Another thing to keep in mind. The Colts can sign the first overall pick as early as this Friday. The new rookie wage scale takes away all of the crazy negotiations for rookies like we have seen in previous years.

I have never had a dream that involved the Redskins. Last night, I dreamed we had, in fact, moved up to #2 and drafted RGIII. I think it cost us this year's top two picks and our #1 in 2013.

I believe in my dreams more than I believe in an internet poster claiming Haslett shared the teams plans with him. Haslett isn't a moron.

I like the way you dream. :) I think RGIII will prove to be the best QB of the draft.

Yes, Haz let the cat out of the bag. Yes, it is being dealt with in house. Yes, it is proof that we are not interested in Flynn - been saying that for a month now. :)

If by "let the cat out of the bag" you mean "revealed the obvious draft strategy" then yes, he did. I still find it hard to believe he just spouted off about internal strategies like he did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.