• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins Name Change - On Turning the Page

Boone, you're right, of course---some will walk away and never return. I get that. I won't lie, this is going to leave a wound. I just believe many will walk away but keep looking back over their shoulders. In time, particularly when the Washington Team Football gets good again, the gravity field will be irresistible.

When... ? I'm really not convinced Danny can sustain good. He's displayed nothing of the sort. Gibbs carried this heap on his shoulders for four years and it went right back to disaster the day he walked out the door. I don't think even Rivera can get it right.

The Caps and Nats championships really bring up how far the Redskins are from being a first class organization.

It may be as we see in Cleveland and Cincinnati that the organization never allows the team to become a true contender.

Obviously no one can answer the "when," brother. I guess I'm a stein-half-full guy ... I do think the _______'s will be good again in my lifetime. I'm only 59.75 after all. :cool:

I would be a lot more optimistic if Snyder was 65 instead of 55.

Betcha the man feels older than 55 these days ...

Thank God for the stein half full-ers or we’d all be on suicide watch :cheers:

• Fist Bump
Reactions: Om
For me anyways, several factors play into distancing myself from the modern NFL. Mainly it’s the woke warriors who are ruining the game & much more. Between the kneeling & forced wokeness I’m now a casual fan at best.

The scamdemic is only adding fuel to the exodus fire via the forced masking attendance. Throw in the giant BLM donation pledge along with the flag disrespect & I’ve lost 95% of my interest. The forced name change was just the bitter icing on top of a cacca cake. All lives matter to me & BLM group needs dumped into the sewer alongside the ANTIFA hookers.

At this point its quite sad but I really don’t care what they name the team. The NFL has lost to the rage mob & is now their bitch. The league has lost its integrity imo and isn’t worthy of anymore of my $.

This site has been our therapy group and I couldn’t fathom quitting on it. It’s just that Goodell, the wokes, corporate sponsors & the biggest idiot sports team owner in history has cut the passion for the game away from me. As long as this site is open I’ll partake in discussions, tho it’ll mainly be in the 5 o’clock forums, which everyone needs to post more in. Especially Boone’s 3 good things thread.

I really appreciate all the mods that revived the site and give us peasants a proper place to love/hate this mind boggling franchise. Can’t blame anyone wanting to 100% walk away either, it’s easy to understand nowadays.

Win, thanks for the kind words about the site ... but the politics dripping from it are not what we're about here. We ask you and everyone else, yet again, to steer clear of the politics. It does one thing and one thing only here---cause friction and the kind of nastiness we have made it our mission since day one to avoid.

That’s part of the problem. The politicians have failed us and sports has become the frontline in discussions over culture.

Win, thanks for the kind words about the site ... but the politics dripping from it are not what we're about here. We ask you and everyone else, yet again, to steer clear of the politics. It does one thing and one thing only here---cause friction and the kind of nastiness we have made it our mission since day one to avoid.

I hear ya & it wasn’t my intent at all to start conflict. Merely trying to convey why this team & league, for me has become unwatchable. My bad if it appeared to drum up strife in any way, not what I was aiming for.

This is exactly why I can't watch the NFL anymore....because those turds have NOT kept that crap out of things. You can't make it through 5 minutes of a U.S. Sports broadcast now without being lectured or having to hear an update about this garbage. It's infuriating.

I'm actually ok with just "Washington Football Team" and keeping it that way, for me it displays respect that the Redskins name cannot be replaced and for the life of me I cannot come up with any name that doesn't sound like it came out of an elementary school. Of course that won't sell merch so it'll change.

I'm actually ok with just "Washington Football Team" and keeping it that way, for me it displays respect that the Redskins name cannot be replaced and for the life of me I cannot come up with any name that doesn't sound like it came out of an elementary school. Of course that won't sell merch so it'll change.

It will if they win.

Still thinking of honoring native Americans? 😵

Boy are these guys stubborn.

Nothing here is logical or proper in the context of the times.

ANY Native American theme is going to bring criticism.

Let’s move on!

They look like the Minnesota Gophers in the Haskins mockup. Coach Fox, pick up the white courtesy phone. Assuming I can say that.

I'm good with them putting it off a year rather than trying to rush to press with a new brand. Do it right.

Woulda been pretty sweet if they'd gone with Washington Team Football though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.