• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins 40, Saints 32

Yeah...not sure why Doughty would go left when they overloaded the right-side of the line. Must be that fantastic coaching from Danny Smith. :rolleyes:

Here's a perfect vid of the blocked punt.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1nDWvB1U_w[/media]

It looks like the lineman(CW? can't tell who) chips the guy to get downfield as a gunner which makes sense. Then Doughty goes clear across the formation and blocks no one while the guy comes right up the space Doughty vacated.

yeah #51 chris wilson the other guy.

i blame both of them, because between the two of them one of them should have had that man.

i have no idea if it's danny smith's fault or not. i'm not a huge fan of his but it's hard to tell if that was a coaching mistake or a player mistake without being in practice day to day...

Coaches coach and players play. Might as well say Mike and Kyle coached Rex to throw all those INTs last year.

Yeah...not sure why Doughty would go left when they overloaded the right-side of the line. Must be that fantastic coaching from Danny Smith. :rolleyes:

Lanky, i'm positive at the NFL level they're coached to block a simple overload and the overload WAS blocked. Doughty blocked nobody?

Not sure if you could see this on TV or not, but right before every snap, Chris Chester would reach over and tap Montgomery on the hip. I was surprised the Saints weren't keying off of it more often, to be honest. Probably because of the noise?

I thought Griff would never be able to live up to the hype. The hype was off the charts. But I read a game day article that totally put me at ease. Shanahan's final instruction to Griff was to "just play the game the way you've always played it".

That right there took away all the pressure all the stress all the butterflies. Griff simply did what Griff does. And that my Redskin friends is what you get to look forward to each and every week. I was hoping he would fly under the radar, but no, now he is the talk of the league and up for Player of the Week. Congrats my friend, you earned it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.