• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins 40, Saints 32

Garcon will play next week.

Bernstine's injury could threaten his career. Hope not, but to have "everything" wrong with it is not good.

88 yds. for a TD as a safety net is ok in my book. :)

Dreamt about RG3 having this tpye of game but never believed it woould be. Redskins fans just don't have those dreams fulfilled. Til now!!! ;)

He's a great safety net, that's why I want him back asap, but it won't take long for people to realize that he's Roberts favorite target. It will be that much harder on Petey boy....

Griff mentioned post-game that Brees offerd congrats and was proud of him.

I can see why Brees is considered first class and a good guy.

This is kinda cool. :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...3658ecc-fb6e-11e1-b153-218509a954e1_blog.html

Our own John McDonnell took the awesome photo above, an image that is destined for legendary status.

But with every great image comes the Internet meme that follows it. This one took less than 24 hours and has been dubbed “Griffining” by Burgundy Blog.

For example:

Griffinning1.jpg

This is kinda nice, too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UFVK7iV48I[/media]

An update on Bernstine's injury...

Messed up his ACL, PCL, and MCL. Multiple ligament damage.

Pretty sure that is a career ending injury. A shame too. He made the team against some long odds and had a future as a role player/special teams ace.

An update on Bernstine's injury...

Messed up his ACL, PCL, and MCL. Multiple ligament damage.

Pretty sure that is a career ending injury. A shame too. He made the team against some long odds and had a future as a role player/special teams ace.

Not necessarily career-ending (Robert Johnson came back from far worse, and others have returned), but its definitely an uphill battle.

Most encouraging signs from yesterday's game for me...

1. The team didn't let poor officiating and bad calls get the best of them, especially with the Graham fumble that was whistled dead way too early in the sequence of the play. So many times in the past, the game would have gone sour after we were on the wrong end of a messed up call.

2. The team showed an ability to respond offensively and not feel sorry for itself. How many times in the past have teams made run in games while our offense sputters for multiple drives? The Saints convert with a TD to Graham, our offense delivers a counter-blow. The Saints block a punt and score a TD before halftime, we come out of the gates in the second half and deliver a TD on the opening possession. That was the drive of the game for me. We go three and out at the start of the third and things may have very well turned on us. We basically slammed the door shut any time the Saints started having belief in their ability to win yesterday.

3. Aggressiveness - (see pass to Logan Paulsen for evidence).

4. Ability to overcome mental lapses and obvious mistakes that could have buried us...Jarvis Jenkins' critical penalty, Helu's block in the back, M. Williams' bonehead hit. The defense prevailed despite doing its very best at times to help the Saints get back in the game.

5. Redzone efficiency. In previous seasons, Gomes' INT return inside the 5 would have taken 3 to 4 plays to punch into the endzone, and there was no guarentee that we would have even gotten in at all. What does Alfred Morris and the line do yesterday? Smash the Saints in the mouth on one play.

In addition, I will point out that as nice as yesterday felt, I will feel empty if we pull off a stunt like other Redskins teams of the past and go into next week half asleep. There is no way on Earth that you can go into New Oreans, beat them, and then lose the following week against an inferior Rams team. It's imperative that this team turns the corner and starts winning when everybody expects them to, as opposed to playing down to their level of competition.

- CH

even when complimenting he is backhanded. and he should get a backhand as well.

he will "eventually" be as good if not better than Luck.

That was 6:56 minutes of glowing praise man - when Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith are waxing poetic about you - you know you played a hell of a game.

Positives:

-RG3
-Alfred Morris(he's like a pissed off baby rhino.)
-Billy Cundiff(was scared after he squeaked that 1st one through)
-Raheem Morris(depleted secondary did a hell of a job playing mostly man all game)
-Offensive play calling 1st half

Negatives:

-Reed Doughty blowing that blocking assignment on the blocked punt.(if our secondary wasn't so banged up he would have been handed his walking papers this morning. This is a guy who made the team for being smart, but lacking ability. If he can't even play smart he's literally useless.)

-Horrid officiating. I thought for sure the refs were going to decide the game.(I hope these guys get a lashing. I can deal with bad officials as long as there not trying to be the center of attention like these guys were.)

-Bad playcalling in 2nd half. There's a difference between being conservative and playing with a lead and being totally predictable. (IMO this was the main reason NO was still able to hang around till the last play of the game.)

Griffin'ing v. Romo'ing

A2dqnpPCAAEz7TY.jpg

The center had a broken arm that caused some confusion with blocking assignments and allowed a guy to run free right up the middle.

I think it was forgivable given the circumstance and the overall outcome of the game, but thats just my opinion :)

His arm was broken on that play according to him not prior. I appreciate the guy's toughness but the injury had nothing to do with the crap blocking on that play.

On a day when so much went right it stood out as something that needs to be sorted out, and fast.

His arm was broken on that play according to him not prior. I appreciate the guy's toughness but the injury had nothing to do with the crap blocking on that play.

On a day when so much went right it stood out as something that needs to be sorted out, and fast.

I went back over the play with Game Rewind/All 22 (which is ****ing awesome btw) and you're absolutely right. He broke his arm blocking.

One of two things happened.

Either #51 - Chris Wilson - incorrectly double teamed Nick Sunberge's guy (this makes the most sense to me, since it's the guy who lined up in Wilson's face who came free and block the punt)

Or #37 - Reed Doughty - Incorrectly missed the block.

One of those two screwed up, and it is impossible to tell without knowing exactly what the assignments are supposed to be. But it's clear one of those two was responsible for this guy. My money is on Chris Wilson.

I went back over the play with Game Rewind/All 22 (which is ****ing awesome btw) and you're absolutely right. He broke his arm blocking.

One of two things happened.

Either #51 - Chris Wilson - incorrectly double teamed Nick Sunberge's guy (this makes the most sense to me, since it's the guy who lined up in Wilson's face who came free and block the punt)

Or #37 - Reed Doughty - Incorrectly missed the block.

One of those two screwed up, and it is impossible to tell without knowing exactly what the assignments are supposed to be. But it's clear one of those two was responsible for this guy. My money is on Chris Wilson.

No. What happened was they overloaded the right side, and Danny Smith's dumbass never coached them or didn't coach them enough to know who to pick up. It was ludicrous. Call a damn timeout, Danny!

Wilson and Doughty did make the team largely for what they bring to the special teams units.

So, it is important to know how and why we are having these breakdowns.

Because, again, we gave up a younger player with solid upside in Markus White to keep the 31 year old Wilson.

If the Saints overloaded the side and we were caught short on the protections why didn't the ST captain or Rocca signal for a TO?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

No. What happened was they overloaded the right side, and Danny Smith's dumbass never coached them or didn't coach them enough to know who to pick up. It was ludicrous. Call a damn timeout, Danny!

if you look over the replays there were people who decided to double team someone rather than pick up the guy coming free.

if chris wilson decides to pick up the block on the guy who lined up directly across from him it's not an issue.
if reed doughty picks him up instead of throwing a meaningless double team it's not an issue.

I seriously doubt that Doughty missed his guy.

And, I'll bet most ST coaches in the league had at least one new guy on his punt team this past weekend, and they got the job done.

Just sayin'.

Here's a perfect vid of the blocked punt.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1nDWvB1U_w[/media]

It looks like the lineman(CW? can't tell who) chips the guy to get downfield as a gunner which makes sense. Then Doughty goes clear across the formation and blocks no one while the guy comes right up the space Doughty vacated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.