• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

To be fair it was just into the 2nd Qtr at that point and Rodgers was under the same pressure as Kirk, the Giants had scored 3 and the Packers couldn't move the ball.

Then at the end of the second Rodgers came alive.

If you watch him the pocket is collapsing all around him but he buys so much time with his movement. He dances forward then back, and then rolls out. That TD throw was crazy. We were counting the seconds off out loud on the reply and got to 10 when he threw. Madness.

LOL

And the halftime hail mary!

This game could still go either way, just needs the Giants to get a couple of drives together. Fortunately for Wifey, their offense is terrible.

That was my second answer the first was going to be the unbalanced attacks on both sides of the ball.

I think part of the reason they didn't bring him back last year was his work ethic and/or physical shape.
And after taking a year off, his physical shape is likely to be even worse.
And during that year off, the fact that no other team was interested in him (after getting cut during Pat's training camp), should also be a red flag.
As for Baker, I really love the guy totally, but NFL-talent-wise - saying you're the best D-lineman on a DL such as the Redskins, isn't really saying a whole lot.
This entire Redskins' DLine is going to be completely rebuilt, to whatever degree that the FO is feasibly capable of doing through draft and FA.

if baker asks for 2 much I see him walking but I think if he wants to sign for 4-4.5 million a year we bring him back. Poe would be interesting with his stats declining each year he might be had for 4 million or so if the Pats don't sign their NT then he could be an option also. Even though some people don't want to hear it Scott is looking to mainly build through the draft. So I don't see to many signings unless a guy is cheap

It's more "hope" that TK's year off kicked his butt in gear and motivates him this time around. Agree though, can't see Mcluvs ignoring at least 1 or 2 early picks on d-line. A couple pocket collapsers/run disrupters would catapult this d up significantly imho. Doubt we'll see the drastic production we all crave/deserve in one yr but fingers crossed.

I'm completely for scrapping this 3-4 shenanigans and just run a base 4-3. Throw in some exotic looks & packages but keep with 4 big uglies as the base. Better coaching coulda got more out of the current group. Possibly just a tad but more than likely 5-10 spots higher.

Thank you, Aaron Rodgers.

The 'arrogant, let's go to South Beach before the playoffs' Giants are pummeled for 362 yards passing and 4 touchdowns.

I had a sneaking feeling that Eli Apple and Coty Sensabaugh were not defensive backs you had to resurrect Jerry Rice to beat.

And for Eli Manning, well, buddy the luck in your rabbit's foot was already used up with the David Tyree catch and the other shenanigans the Giants pulled off to take 9-7 class teams to the Super Bowl.

Thankfully, the wildcards will be sitting home to watch the divisional round, as they should be :nana:

Detroit? That was a car wreck waiting to happen :behead2:

Forget the Redskins, but it was a shame the Bucs didn't make the postseason in losing a tie breaker to the Lions.

With their defense and youth they would have given the Seahawks a much more spirited battle.

Instead, we had to watch a Detroit team that hadn't played a decent game in 4 weeks fumble around for 60 minutes, unable to score a single touchdown and only getting points off 51 and 53 yard field goals.

Thank you, Aaron Rodgers.

The 'arrogant, let's go to South Beach before the playoffs' Giants are pummeled for 362 yards passing and 4 touchdowns.

I had a sneaking feeling that Eli Apple and Coty Sensabaugh were not defensive backs you had to resurrect Jerry Rice to beat.

And for Eli Manning, well, buddy the luck in your rabbit's foot was already used up with the David Tyree catch and the other shenanigans the Giants pulled off to take 9-7 class teams to the Super Bowl.

Thankfully, the wildcards will be sitting home to watch the divisional round, as they should be :nana:

Detroit? That was a car wreck waiting to happen :behead2:

Forget the Redskins, but it was a shame the Bucs didn't make the postseason in losing a tie breaker to the Lions.

With their defense and youth they would have given the Seahawks a much more spirited battle.

Instead, we had to watch a Detroit team that hadn't played a decent game in 4 weeks fumble around for 60 minutes, unable to score a single touchdown and only getting points off 51 and 53 yard field goals.
I must admit I enjoyed watching the Gints get their butt thoroughly spanked by Aaron and the gang from Green Bay.

Green Bay repeatedly attacked the middle of the field to beat the Giants.

Why we couldn't do that with Davis,Reed and Garcon last week is baffling.

Aikman and Buck also kept referring to how good the Giants O was last week and that it was odd they couldn't do the same here.

Do they not know how bad our defense is? :laugh2:

Green Bay repeatedly attacked the middle of the field to beat the Giants.

Why we couldn't do that with Davis,Reed and Garcon last week is baffling.

Aikman and Buck also kept referring to how good the Giants O was last week and that it was odd they couldn't do the same here.

Do they not know how bad our defense is? :laugh2:

The Giants O scored exactly the same on Green Bay as they did on us.

Every team has that signature play or moment when it becomes apparent it is their year.

I don't know if we will look back on yesterday that way, but when I saw Rodgers take the snap and take a full drop back to throw the ball downfield with 6 seconds left on the clock for that Hail Mary touchdown, my first thought was THERE THEY GO. You could see that play really took the wind out of the sails of the Giants and one way or another they weren't going to be leaving Lambeau with a victory.

Having 2 of their WR's drop 3 easy passes during the 1st drive, 2 of which would have been a touchdown, was an ominous sign as well.

I think Beckham and Shepard had a case of the playoff 'yips' as it was their first time in the postseason and I think the younger Giants didn't realize it was really a level up in terms of pressure and intensity. I think they were preparing to play this like it was any other game during the season and that was a mistake.

Sounds like McVay crushed it in interviews with the Rams and the 49ers per Michael Silver. And that info did not come from McVay or his agent. Now a new watch begins.

Does Jay have another Gruden brother other than Jon he can bring in to be the OC?

The Grudens seems to do things in groups :laugh:

There's zero chance the Rams are going to send a King's ransom of picks our way for a package deal to include Cousins less than a year after drafting Goff - not unless he was part of the deal (and I don't think he's shown enough promise to warrant us salivating over that deal). I'm not sure I get the logic of the whole premise anyway? If I'm a team interested in Cousins (say the 49ers for sake of argument), I just hope that the Skins don't franchise him and then outbid the Skins for him. Why would I give up picks to acquire him? I'm likely to have to pay him market value regardless. Maybe I'm missing something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.