• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I'm not feeling good about this past draft at all. No player drafted thus far is giving me any hope. Batting .000. It's early, but that's the vibe I'm having. Doctson might have been fool's gold with a bad Achilles.

Remember a couple of years back, we drafted this big O linemen..... wasn't looking good, and then lost to injury. Last I checked, he's our starting right tackle now. It doesn't always go that way, but loosing hope this early on is going on a small body of work. Hell, Cravens already looks to be a steel, and could be a game changer in time. That's something to be hopeful about :)

Remember a couple of years back, we drafted this big O linemen..... wasn't looking good, and then lost to injury. Last I checked, he's our starting right tackle now. It doesn't always go that way, but loosing hope this early on is going on a small body of work. Hell, Cravens already looks to be a steel, and could be a game changer in time. That's something to be hopeful about :)

Remember Malcomb Kelly? :)

Malcolm.

This is a mal-comb

Donald-Trump-EMGN2.jpg

Padawan busts syndrome already?

Ioannidis and Fuller both played significant snaps in one of the most inspiring (sorta) D performances of the year.
We've already seen the affect Cravens can have
Trent Murphy, is apparently finding his stuff.... third year.
Crowder is earning his oats in his second year.
Ari has contributed substantially already this season.... second year guy
Breeland is starting to establish his worth......third year
Dunbar.... second year..... has contributed nicely
Spencer Long....third year... is now starting
Morgan already mentioned.... third year.
Sheriff .... second year starter... is not too shabby.
Smith.. second year is not looking bad... still developing

Don't think the entire group is flopping about in the bilges of the USS Futility.

Some of these guys get on the field because of 'practice production' others because of injuries.
The coaches are still learning them as they perform 'live', tweaking the schemes and calls as the newer guys adapt and actually develop into NFL players.

Seems like veteran injuries being handled differently too, putting them on IR much quicker. This gives the younger backup unfettered time to get into the games and show what's up. If the new guy performs better than the IR guy, the IR guy will probably stay put, if not then the vet can be back playing after roughly 8 weeks.

I'd worry more about the FA signings than the youngins not immediately impacting the team.

Remember Malcomb Kelly? :)

Who doesn't, this teams roster has had a number of "Malcomb Kelly's" over time. :) We also had the very bad habit of sitting on a player too long in hopes of development / recovery, but I don't see that happening with McLovin in office, and Gruden as coach. If the two of them have shown anything, they're not afraid of cutting bait with a high draft pick that isn't producing. Doctson, if he doesn't return this season, may not last beyond next pre season..... Maybe he will. It would be nice to have him on the field, but we're pretty stacked with pass catchers, so it's not really hurting us. More so with the currant QB play..... Getting Reed back on the field is far more important right now.

Who doesn't, this teams roster has had a number of "Malcomb Kelly's" over time. :) We also had the very bad habit of sitting on a player too long in hopes of development / recovery, but I don't see that happening with McLovin in office, and Gruden as coach. If the two of them have shown anything, they're not afraid of cutting bait with a high draft pick that isn't producing. Doctson, if he doesn't return this season, may not last beyond next pre season..... Maybe he will. It would be nice to have him on the field, but we're pretty stacked with pass catchers, so it's not really hurting us. More so with the currant QB play..... Getting Reed back on the field is far more important right now.

I get it, just busting chops. I share John's concern for Doctson...it was a questionable pick in the draft to begin with, so any lingering concerns are exacerbated.

I get it, just busting chops. I share John's concern for Doctson...it was a questionable pick in the draft to begin with, so any lingering concerns are exacerbated.

considering we could lose both garçon and Jackson this offseason if he can perform will not look so questionable

considering we could lose both garçon and Jackson this offseason if he can perform will not look so questionable

First off, HTTR Baby!

As for your statement, whether he works out or not, the choice was questionable at the time it was made, and remains to this day. Hopefully, he is a superstar and we will do well enough losing both those guys you mention. Look for Garcon to test the market and end up back here. Jackson? Meh...Crowder is doing well enough to alleviate that loss.

Or Gruden doesn't know how to run the ball ?

He still doesn't understand how to use the run game properly....yet.

Hopefully he gets it sorted out soon.

Excited we won...4 in a row! But, whether it's Jay or McVay calling things, they need to get it ironed out before it costs us.

Hopefully we get there. :)

I think most of the teams we have had since 92 would have folded when the score was tied at 14. This tells you how good this is built while not complete still has some fight in it

31 rushes not counting Kirk's....they're learning.

Is Trent still playing guard?

My apologies for missing everybody in chat the last few weeks.

My son's hockey league has decided to put every single game on Sunday afternoons, so I'm forced to PVR the games.

Needless to say, this is the best we've looked in a primetime game in quite some time ;)

Maybe watching an afternoon game on Sunday evening on PVR is the way to get the primetime monkey off our backs :)

HTTR!

31 rushes not counting Kirk's....they're learning.

Is Trent still playing guard?

as far as I know Lavou is playing guard and Long is playing center IIRC they IR lichstinger but I could be mistaken on that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.