• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Thoughts

I am really scared of how much is shuts down shipping in and out of there. I've never seen an entire bridge collapse like that without it being blown up, and this seems to be the entire shipping lane

I doubt Maersk pays shit outside of deductible and perhaps higher future premiums. That’s what insurance is for unless there is negligence involved.

I wonder how long a rebuild will take considering how difficult government makes building anything and everything now.

From the little I heard, a case of negligence can probably be made. Apparently this ship had failed numerous safety inspections and had been ordered to upgrade in terms of backup equipment, etc.

But yeah, the big issue is less about blame and more about economic impact and how to reroute those ships. From what I heard this morning, a best case scenario would have Baltimore up and running after several months. This is a real mess.

Incredible work though by the police. They had seconds to react and close off traffic to the bridge. I've been on that as I'm sure many of you have. It's almost impossible to believe only six lives were lost. Imagine if this had taken place at any other time of day or if the police hadn't cut off traffic immediately.

Ive been hearing the army corp of engineers may bring up some large ferries to move trucks not allowed in the tunnels across the river to take some pressure off the upper part of the baltimore beltway as a temp solution . No idea how feasible this is or what real impact it would have

I asked, and they went back and asked the chef, at this Thai place where the soft shell crab came from. He said “the ocean” 😂

Six quads ... that's crazy. I remember the hoopla when the first dude landed ONE in an Olympic competition (had to look it up ... Canadian Kurt Browning in '88).

On to the QUINT!

1711641178776.png

"Baltimore key bridge collapse: structural failure to blame"

Uhh....maybe the loaded down ship that hit he column has something to do with it?!!

A little venting...
So, I had to move my sister to SC. Originally it was supposed to be a "pod" for her belongings, and me just driving her, the dog and cat there. Her car was to be transported via truck. Of course, that all went down the shitter. So last Friday, I loaded an 5X8 U-Haul trailer, and the bed of the Tacoma but it all didn't fit. The plan was to ship whatever didn't fit, but it was enough to fill a pallet 6ft high. We leave Saturday morning, and the auto transporter stiff us.. 13 very long hours, and I unload the bed of the truck, eat a 2 hour old burger, and crash. Had the trailer unloaded by 10 Sunday morning, and back on the road home.

A little more then half way home, the battery light comes on. I travel back roads, so if it dies, I'm screwed. Reroute towards the highway, and turn everything off in the truck. Got almost 400 miles on battery alone, and made I 75 just as the sun went down. The moment I turned lights on, the truck started to fail... it died 1/4 mile from an exit. DOT Road Ranger got me off the exit into a truck stop. No place open on a Sunday night for repair. Tow truck takes me to an Advanced auto parts store. Now I get to sleep in the truck with the intent of buying an alternator in the morning and trying to swap it out in the parking lot. A very long night... and in the store looking for a battery and a charge on the existing one. Figured 2 charged batteries would get me home, but a battery was more then the alternator. Stroke of luck, a mobile mechanic was behind me on line, and 2 1/2 hours later I was back on the road. Got home late afternoon Monday.

I catch a quick nap, and over to her old apartment to load the rest of her shit into my truck. Got to just kick back on Tuesday, then back on the road Wednesday morning. There and back with no issues by dinner time Thursday. I'm spent at this point. Thursday night while kickin back I realize my shin is numb from my knee to my ankle. Thought that was the icing on the cake... but as Ron Popeal always said... "but wait, there's more."

The entire week all I keep hearing how she's worried about me with all the driving, heavy lifting, and lack of sleep. She calls me Friday and asks me to rent a wheel dolly, and tow her car to SC over the weekend. She's got some set to even ask. Her move has cost me the better part of a grand having to take 2 extra vacation days, fuel and trailer rental.... and now my leg is screwed up. I told he no being it's pushing my truck to the max tow limit, which is somewhat true. So, her car sits next to my driveway, and we wait with baited breath for my next contact with her....

How was your week ? :LOL:

Sorry Brother Pete - sometimes those family situations can be the worst because we don't feel like we can say no. Even on Easter, you're a pretty good egg! Keep an eye on that leg. Is it swollen? Anytime someone complains of lower leg issues after long drives, I think DVT. Something to keep in your mind as those can be very dangerous.

Sorry Brother Pete - sometimes those family situations can be the worst because we don't feel like we can say no. Even on Easter, you're a pretty good egg! Keep an eye on that leg. Is it swollen? Anytime someone complains of lower leg issues after long drives, I think DVT. Something to keep in your mind as those can be very dangerous.
That leg is a mess to begin with. Had the monster bulging vein stripped 10+ years ago, but another one formed over time. It's always swollen. Wanted to give it a couple of days to see if it cleared up. Going to speak with doctors office in the morning, see who he wants me to see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.