• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random NFL Thoughts

JJ Watt has been released by the Texans.

Wilson to Raiders
Carr to Redskins

Wilson to Raiders
Carr to Redskins

I would not hate that, i would not love it if 19 was involved which is more than likely.. but i wouldn't 'hate' it

Plus I dont want Wilson on the Cowboys, don't think they do it, but i really dont want it.

IF the Raiders got Wilson, they lose almost all leverage with trading Carr because everyone then knows they have to get his contract off their books. I know some are lukewarm on Carr but he would thrive on Turners offense. He’d make Alex Smith look like a Pop Warner QB by comparison.

IF the Raiders got Wilson, they lose almost all leverage with trading Carr because everyone then knows they have to get his contract off their books. I know some are lukewarm on Carr but he would thrive on Turners offense. He’d make Alex Smith look like a Pop Warner QB by comparison.

are you saying no trade or just that trade cost would be diminished?

I assume Vegas would need 19th overall to include in the package going to Seattle to make the deal happen. Likely a 3 team deal type scenario.

Reduced trade cost. I’m likely alone in this but I’d give the 19th pick in a heartbeat for a proven QB like Carr.

I'm in at the 19th pick for Carr and a 4th next year if needed

I wouldn't give up any other draft pick if we gave up the 19. Also agree on him needing to sign an extension.

So many rumors right now. I do think Watson will be traded. They really have no choice. He’ll hold out. I almost think he’s more likely to be available than Wilson...

always, right?!

I am just glad to see we aren't jumping in to every one of them or tied to ALL of them!

So many rumors right now. I do think Watson will be traded. They really have no choice. He’ll hold out. I almost think he’s more likely to be available than Wilson...

I think NFL owners around the league are hoping Watson doesn't get what he wants because it's going to set a precedent.

That said, I think Houston's hand is forced and they do ultimately love him... .they're eventually going to get an offer they cannot leave on the table.

That ship has sailed. You had 3 top QBs with huge current contracts in one off-season either overtly demanding a trade or indicating they might be open to one (Watson, Wilson, Rodgers). If a star player is absolutely determined not to play for a regime, they can exert quite a bit of leverage.

Im more concerned about the trend of top QBs thinking they are defacto GMs who need to be consulted before any major decision is made. That’s what’s driving these temper tantrums.

I've stated this before, if I'm Houston, let him sit, I don't dictate to my employer who they hire above me, I'd be fired. I think Pittsburgh did the right thing with Bell. Watson isn't going to sit for 2 years straight, he can't and Houston while it counts against the cap, isn't paying him. I'm all for employees having leverage and when you own a team do what you want. Even MJ didn't get his way with how the bulls ended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.