• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

He's been investigated by 5 or 6 law enforcement agencies, a Congressional committee, and his own league - of course they've 'ramped up' their attention.

I know there are Bezos critics - lots of them - but I personally feel those among the ultra-rich are always going to be attacked and hated to an extent. He's certainly several levels above a sub-human like Daniel Snyder in terms of personal integrity and conscience, no matter how harshly one wants to dissect his business practices and character.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I want Bezos because ALL he has done in almost every facet of his life is succeed beyond all expectations, and he brings literally unlimited resources to the table to resurrect this franchise and it's beleagured fanbase. I'm not marrying into his family, and I won't pretend he's a saint. But I think he's one of the few potential owners who I am absolutely confident can turn this mess of a franchise around and return them to the top tier of NFL organizations.

Would Mara have gotten away with his BS if Bezos had been the owner?

I know there are Bezos critics - lots of them - but I personally feel those among the ultra-rich are always going to be attacked and hated to an extent. He's certainly several levels above a sub-human like Daniel Snyder in terms of personal integrity and conscience, no matter how harshly one wants to dissect his business practices and character.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I want Bezos because ALL he has done in almost every facet of his life is succeed beyond all expectations, and he brings literally unlimited resources to the table to resurrect this franchise and it's beleagured fanbase. I'm not marrying into his family, and I won't pretend he's a saint. But I think he's one of the few potential owners who I am absolutely confident can turn this mess of a franchise around and return them to the top tier of NFL organizations.

Plus he would have instant credibility with the other owners, something Snyder never had.

I'm seeing a lot of chatter about trading for Jalen Ramsey and I don't understand it.

Is this just a fan-driven thing, or have I missed some real rumors about Washington being interested in Ramsey?

Regardless, I think it's dumb.

No real rumors. This team is a lead lined box.

So they are going to go get Lamar Jackson AND Jalen Ramsey? 🤣

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I want Bezos because ALL he has done in almost every facet of his life is succeed beyond all expectations, and he brings literally unlimited resources to the table to resurrect this franchise and its beleagured fanbase. I'm not marrying into his family, and I won't pretend he's a saint. But I think he's one of the few potential owners who I am absolutely confident can turn this mess of a franchise around and return them to the top tier of NFL organizations.
This is exactly where I am. I want someone who knows how to succeed. Someone who knows what it takes to be successful and has shown it. They of course will have some things about them I don’t like, because that’s the price of success for most people. There are limits to that and if we find out about horrible things that person has done, Bezos or any other potential owner, then that changes things. But ultimately success on the football field and operating with integrity is what matters.

No man is above reproach, if someone wants to bow at the golden zipper of Bezos feel free. As far as people with success in business ventures, Steve Ballmer bought the clips, any titles? The Haslams? Khan in Jax? Hell the Angelo's were great attorneys none of that means jack feces when it comes to running a successful franchise. Yes, get the midget out but nothing in someone's past guarantees future success outside of their scope of knowledge. I also doubt the NFLPA will be real pleased with some as against unions like Bezos.

The owner doesn’t ‘run the franchise’. And the golden zipper stuff isn’t necessary.

Think its time for SO's retirement, call me crazy

edit: Note to self - do not take muscle relaxers and get on the interwebs, it's a no bueno

Last edited:
If I’ve been a total dick in this thread, my apologies.

All good, brothers. The Snyder Era has taken its toll on all of us.

Hardly surprising from an owner who has treated the team like a personal piggy bank.

Sheesh.

Overview

The Washington Commanders are ranked 32nd (last) in our team guide. Besides the strength coaches who received great feedback and grades as one of the best groups in the league, the rest of the club’s operations and facilities were rated by player respondents at the bottom of every single category.

The locker room does not have confidence that club owner Dan Snyder is willing to invest to upgrade the facilities, as player responses rank him 31st in this category.

Players had significantly more concerns with each area of the facility than the player respondents on any other team. For example, they were the team most consistently identified as having an understaffed training room.

Players also reported that they have some of the smallest hot and cold tubs for players’ recovery, and only 35% of players feel like they have enough personal space in their locker room. Finally, there are complaints of a lack of warm water and issues with poor drainage in the showers.

Only 22% of players feel like they have enough space on team flights. The Commanders are one of six teams in the NFL that make a segment of their players have roommates before games and one of seven teams in the NFL that do not offer their players first class seats.

Dan Snyder. The original 'skinflint'.

This is no more embarassing than any of Lord Farquaad's other failings.
Just par for the ****ing course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.