• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Relistening to that Payton clip, he implied it wasn't just one potential owner that reached out, but several. Whether Bezos was one, who knows?

I enjoyed the fact that Payton talked about the state of the franchise like all of us do.

I just have the feeling this is all resolved in the next 7-10 days. I hope so.

"Year of the scab" on Disney plus

It's all about the Redskins in 87 and how great of a coach Gibbs is/was. Those guys were treated like crap though.....it's not all roses.

Also funny to me that a company as "woke" as Disney has a show that says Redskins and shows the decal the entire time.

"Year of the scab" on Disney plus

It's all about the Redskins in 87 and how great of a coach Gibbs is/was. Those guys were treated like crap though.....it's not all roses.

Also funny to me that a company as "woke" as Disney has a show that says Redskins and shows the decal the entire time.

It’s been on ESPN+ for a while. No one probably realizes it’s on Disney+.

As far as those players, it is crazy how they were treated. I get the players felt they were taking their jobs, but even after they ended the strike, they still treated those guys like 2nd class citizens. Those guys were a huge reason the 87 team won the division. They won 3 straight division games to seize control of the east. It is a shame they were treated as outcasts. But I’m glad they finally got their rings.

It’s been on ESPN+ for a while. No one probably realizes it’s on Disney+.

As far as those players, it is crazy how they were treated. I get the players felt they were taking their jobs, but even after they ended the strike, they still treated those guys like 2nd class citizens. Those guys were a huge reason the 87 team won the division. They won 3 straight division games to seize control of the east. It is a shame they were treated as outcasts. But I’m glad they finally got their rings.
Exactly. The ending showed how the players feel about them. Great show though. Makes me miss the days of Gibbs, Beathard, and even Casserly.

I just got an alert about this. I don’t know if this changes any opinions on the QB situation, but him becoming a free agent does change the cost to get him.

Prefer we go with Howell but I wanted Washington to go get Carr previously. He’s underrated imho.

Prefer we go with Howell but I wanted Washington to go get Carr previously. He’s underrated imho.
I just don't see it. Maybe there's some cap magic, but I don't see the point of getting an expensive free agent QB if we can't fix the line. I think signing Carr would be a waste. He won't get us anywhere further than Wentz or Alex Smith. Besides which, if the new owners aren't sold on Rivera I don't want to see the next QB saddled with Carr or his contract.

I think it complicates the situation. If it was going to cost draft picks other assets, I was definitely against it. Now if he's a free agent, it would almost seem foolish not to talk to him. I think most of us want to see Howell succeed, but if you pass up a guy who has a good year and you could have had him at a decent cost, that would come with a lot of regret.

I do agree on the contract and it's one reason I was leery of them going after a QB by giving up future assets. Even if that is just money, you could end up stuck with a Russell Wilson type situation. It's definitely a risk and I wish there was stable ownership and a front office in place to be able to make that decision.

I guess the first question I ask is how much did Carr elevate the Raiders? Is he one of those transcendent QBs that lift the whole team? If he's not and he's only in that good QB range then I'm back where I was before this news. I'd rather role the dice with Howell. If he's great then we are all happy. If he stinks then we'll be in line for a top QB in the draft. The worst case scenario is getting Carr who lifts the team to 9-8 or 10-7 and a first round exit. It's limbo.

I don't want to spend for a QB unless I'm sure he's the guy who can take us to a Super Bowl. So, if he's not on that Josh Allen, Maholmes, Hurts?, Burrow level, I don't want to be shelling out 30 or 40 million/year.

I just don't see it. Maybe there's some cap magic, but I don't see the point of getting an expensive free agent QB if we can't fix the line. I think signing Carr would be a waste. He won't get us anywhere further than Wentz or Alex Smith. Besides which, if the new owners aren't sold on Rivera I don't want to see the next QB saddled with Carr or his contract.

Comparing him to Wentz and Alex Smith - that I don’t get. But I’m operating under the assumption that what we think doesn’t matter :) I’m only saying he’s probably the most talented free agent QB available and if he doesn’t cost picks to get, that’s a big deal. My strong preference is to see what Howell can do.

I guess the first question I ask is how much did Carr elevate the Raiders? Is he one of those transcendent QBs that lift the whole team? If he's not and he's only in that good QB range then I'm back where I was before this news. I'd rather role the dice with Howell. If he's great then we are all happy. If he stinks then we'll be in line for a top QB in the draft. The worst case scenario is getting Carr who lifts the team to 9-8 or 10-7 and a first round exit. It's limbo.

I don't want to spend for a QB unless I'm sure he's the guy who can take us to a Super Bowl. So, if he's not on that Josh Allen, Maholmes, Hurts?, Burrow level, I don't want to be shelling out 30 or 40 million/year.

That’s a sure thing you are talking about. We aren’t getting a sure thing. No matter who it is, it’s a gamble because a gamble is all Washington can get at this point. Pick your gamble.

That’s right. What I’m saying is if Carr isn’t a sure thing he isn’t worth the gamble. Sure, Howell is also a gamble, even a significantly bigger gamble, but he’s a minimal risk gamble. If he fails he’s not an albatross.

Maybe I’m just sick of looking for a free agent QB fix. Maybe I’m just really cynical about us making that work.

Derek Carr has been signed by the Washington Commanders exactly 0 times so we don’t know where it would go if we did it. Carr is not Wentz and Wentz is not Smith and Smith is not Mcnabb. Yea they were vet QBs but they are all different players, so it’s not really fair to act like they are all the same.

if you want to argue you don’t trust Rivera to judge a QBs ability and therefor don’t want him making any decisions at the position that will effect the next regime, I think that’s totally fair… in fact that’s where I fall in the conversation… I really prefer Rivera not make any decisions that force the next HC to use a QB they didn’t pick.

timestamp: 6:05 pm

The game hasnt even started yet

flashbacks to the last episode of "The Last Of Us"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.