• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

49ers game just got a little easier for Washington - Jimmy Garappolo out for the season.

I almost feel bad for 49ers fans because they're in the middle of one of their best seasons in recent memory with a legit shot to make it to the SB. Now, that's all in question. I guess they will go with Brock Purdy at least for now - Mr. Irrelevant in the 2022 draft.

If Kyle Shanahan can win with Purdy then maybe he really is the football genius that he thinks he is.

Even if he is an arrogant and vengeful little prick.

The NFL needs to get rid of the 'tie'. It's got to be one of the most unsatisfying results in all of sports. A 'tie'. Thanks for showing up. Thanks for fighting your guts out for 3 hours. Here's your participation trophy.

Save that shit for soccer please.

There's no valid reason not to let them play until someone wins. None.

Nothing more un-American than the 'tie'.

The NFL needs to get rid of the 'tie'. It's got to be one of the most unsatisfying results in all of sports. A 'tie'. Thanks for showing up. Thanks for fighting your guts out for 3 hours. Here's your participation trophy.

Save that shit for soccer please.

There's no valid reason not to let them play until someone wins. None.

Nothing more un-American than the 'tie'.

They say it’s because of injuries, but I don’t buy that. If it was due to injury, then go back to the old sudden death format where first score wins. Now the playoffs will have even more rules to make sure everyone gets the ball. I think the NFL doesn’t want to hear from teams that lose in OT because of the rules, so that’s why they changed the rules and shortened the time for OT in the regular season. They want more ties, which is just stupid.

Pat McAfee has a great way to settle ties. You just have the FG kickers kick FGs starting at the 40 and you keep moving back 5 yds until you get a winner. His full plan is kind of convoluted, but I think for the regular season, the kicking duel sounds like a fun idea. It sure beats a tie.

Last edited:
They say it’s because of injuries, but I don’t buy that. If it was due to injury, then go back to the old sudden death format where first score wins. Now the playoffs will have even more rules to make sure everyone gets the ball. I think the NFL doesn’t want to hear from teams that lose in OT because of the rules, so that’s why they changed the rules and shortened the time for OT in the regular season. They want more ties, which is just stupid.

Pat McAfee has a great way to settle ties. You just have the FG kickers kick FGs and you keep moving back 5 yds until you get a winner. For the regular season, that sounds like a fun idea. It sure beats a tie.

The NFL cares about injuries 🤣

Only to their darling QBs.

The NFLPA on the other hand…

Right now, looking at the standings for the playoffs it appears the Seahawks are not going to go away and may end up passing SF in the West. At the same time SF's defense is strong enough to win some games even with a limited quarterback so with 8 wins already they figure to end up with 10 wins minimum.

I think our chance really comes down to pushing the Giants out of the way by winning the game after the bye week.

The Giants face Philly this week and assuming they lose this game, still have a difficult schedule those last few weeks.

It doesn't appear the Giants injured players on defense are going to be coming back this season so of all the clubs at this point still in contention they seem to be the ones treading water when looking at the last 6-7 weeks.

Whoa! I was wondering about him. I must have missed what his injury was. It's good thing that Jamin has stepped up, but frustrating to lose Holcomb for the year. Needing to rely on Bostic puts a strain on the pass defense.

He can change his name to Daron Paid.

Really surprised Mann or Manley isn't in that club. Maybe some of those stats weren't collected during the glory years?

If Kyle Shanahan can win with Purdy then maybe he really is the football genius that he thinks he is.

Even if he is an arrogant and vengeful little prick.
LOL - what is with him! All his qbs always end up injured.

SF tends to beat Washington. I would not overlook or think Purdy under center means we have a real advantage.

The challenge to beating SF is beating their defense not their offense.

The Saints shut down the SF offense with Garoppolo but the SF defense shut them out and the 49ers ended up winning 13-0.

So, we can play lights out on defense and still lose. This type of lockdown defense we haven't yet seen in 2022.

I was really hoping Seattle lost to the Rams and started to fall off so the Washington game was not a 'must-win' for the 49ers.

I worry about Deebo and their D. That is what is going to most likely beat us.

It's all they could do to score 20 on the Giants.

No way they're coming close to that vs the Niners

We play the Giants in 2 weeks. Beat them first, then worry about San Fran. We've all seen what can happen to a top tier defense if they're on the field for 40 min a game. Jimmy G was really good at game managing and letting his weapons work. Brock Purdy is unproven... We're going to see him once there's rougly 3 games of tape available, and the coaches have the benefit of paying some closer attention without the need to install a new game plan over the bye. The game plan likely doesn't deviate a ton vs NYG, so lets see if we use this time wisely.

Some pro-bowl voting numbers (I BELIEVE these are only the current online fan-vote tallies)

The key to scoring points with the offense in game manager mode against SF is turnovers.

If Washington doesn't force any turnovers, they won't score over 17.

That is UNLESS Turner gambles and takes the chance that a change of game-plan will keep the defense off balance with a more mobile and 'on the edge' Taylor Heinicke as we did in the playoffs against an equally excellent Bucs defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.