• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Props to him!

Thankful the missed XP last weekend didnt cost us, but the dude has been a monster in a couple different games.... especially vs Philly.

Interesting comments by Rivera talking to Dave Wannstadt…

He doesn't trust Gibson to carry the workload...

There’s nothing in that interview that supports that. He’s also turned over kickoff returns to Gibson, who’s is kicking ass in that role - not something you do if you don’t have a lot of trust in a player.

I think they saw that Gibson was carrying too much of the load and needed a backfield partner so they could get the most out of him for the entire season and also try to keep him from getting too banged up.

I think that is exactly right. My question is why Jonathan Williams wasn’t utilized more early in the season as a power-type replacement for Robinson instead of going with a pass-heavy approach?

He is not as big as Robinson but he is physical and runs angry and hard.

He has a guy in Gibson who is faster and doesn't need to rely on pushing the pile to get extra yards. But, he fumbles.

We've all said it. He doesn't trust Gibson because of the fumbling. Putting him on return duties isn't hard to imagine. It's either him or Miline or someone else mediocre.

I think they have all moved on from the fumbling issue. Rivera clearly likes a two back system (thunder and lightning for lack of a better term). Gibson has to be benefiting from a reduced dependency physically. Using Williams more would have alleviated the situation that Rivera stated led to their shifting to a more pass oriented approach.

According to the alert I just got, Gibson downgraded to DNP today, so perhaps he was hurt last game.

According to the alert I just got, Gibson downgraded to DNP today, so perhaps he was hurt last game.

Someone, maybe Keim, thought he might be getting an off-day. Wentz out with an illness, the flu seems to be traveling through the team.

Found it.

Last edited:
Hopefully it’s just rest. The alert I got said foot, so I was more concerned about the injury being worse. I was also trying to put the pieces together on his lower usage last week. He may have been dinged up, but missing practice was a little more concerning.

I'm worried about St Juste not practicing still.

Also, any word on Young?

Obviously, hope St. Juste can go. BUT, if he has to miss games, the ATL and NYG games are least painful. Neither have multiple big threats at WR.

I promise i'm not piling on, this is some interesting perspective from someone who was closer to #21 than any of us.

I think what gets lost in the conversation is that rememberances and memorials aren’t *just* for family. ST meant a lot to every Redskins fan. I’m sure the family appreciated the team’s effort to celebrate him and of course they matter most. That doesn’t nullify the overall reaction of fans or their belief it was somewhat of a lame memorial.

Just wait a few weeks when they are scheduled to honor Sonny.

They may just lower the bar to new levels....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 9, Members: 2, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.