• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

They could have, instead of resurrecting the band, rotated the service bands which would’ve been really cool. Camo alt uniform, honor a different military unit each halftime. But like most things, they go tepid and half-assed.

Or even have a mixed band with members from all the branches. Except the coast guard, F those guys.

They could have, instead of resurrecting the band, rotated the service bands which would’ve been really cool. Camo alt uniform, honor a different military unit each halftime. But like most things, they go tepid and half-assed.

it's sad when a bunch of spectators on a keyboard can come up with so many 'better' ways to go about running the business

I'm sorry but i continue to lose all faith in Wright. I'm leaning more and more to what you've said all along. He's a conduit for Snyder to run the business side however he wants, without putting his name on it.

He seems like a very nice man. And trying to navigate what he’s had to navigate - let’s just say I don’t envy him on that front. And then there is reporting to the Devil and his evil mistress, so…

But yeah, I don’t think he’s Elon Musk by a long shot.

I think D-Hall is correct that Washington has upgraded its organization from abysmal to middle of the pack.

You aren’t going to see too many severe missteps from this group but no innovative leadership either.

If anyone here is caught wearing one of these, it’s going to be a lifetime ban. Sorry. That’s just the way it’s got to be…

D92E9A8B-E21A-49D2-AD9D-DC61F5573F90.jpeg

i was willing to go along with ‘Redwolves’ but I’ve got to draw the line at ‘Commandalorians’…

So cringe…. Like - our fans aren’t mocked enough already lol…

I think D-Hall is correct that Washington has upgraded its organization from abysmal to middle of the pack.

You aren’t going to see too many severe missteps from this group but no innovative leadership either.

DHall right? Well, guess there’s a first for everything :)

‘The Commanders represent a true fall from glory. The Washington Football Franchise was a top 5 or 10 brand when we began these rankings. Two decades of losing, poor talent acquisition, and a long-term name controversy have pushed the club to the bottom of the list. It’s a marketing and football disaster. This offseason has probably made things worse as the Commanders name was poorly received. The Commanders feel like an expansion team that started by offending the local market.‘

I don’t see how anyone can argue either assertion - that our fanbase is a dwindling angry demoralized bunch, or whose effing fault it is that this is the current state of affairs?

I see some folks on social media getting ‘triggered’ by the article, but you know what, sometimes the truth is just hard to hear.

So - word is Antonio Golden-Ganda is switching to TE. I see no way he makes this roster at WR. But are his chances any better at TE? I know Logan will miss some time early, but assuming he does return and looks able to go, you’ve got him, Bates, and the rookie. Is he better than any of them? Don’t think so. Is this just an audition for his next potential team?

I don’t know if the ‘Commanders’ moniker is intended to be pro-military (honestly - has anyone in this front office explained what it’s even supposed to represent?)

As awesome as that would be, I don’t see them going that militaristic…

I think I read somewhere that they were trying to keep with the theme with the other pro teams in the area....Nationals, Capitals,. so I've assumed Commanders was for Commander in Chief. Don't know where the Wizards fall in this. :)

‘The Commanders represent a true fall from glory. The Washington Football Franchise was a top 5 or 10 brand when we began these rankings. Two decades of losing, poor talent acquisition, and a long-term name controversy have pushed the club to the bottom of the list. It’s a marketing and football disaster. This offseason has probably made things worse as the Commanders name was poorly received. The Commanders feel like an expansion team that started by offending the local market.‘

I agree with what is being said here, but that’s not really a reflection on the fan base as much as it is the sorry owner and his stooges. The fan base has definitely been gutted. But it’s not like the fans just aren’t coming because they aren’t good fans. They have been run off because of the decisions listed in that tweet.

This situation reminds me of the Colts in the mid to late 1970's when they played in a horrible stadium to a small crowd and couldn't sell out playoff games even when they had a good record.

The common thread. Poor ownership. A proud history that the owners slowly chipped away at through bad personnel moves and taking the fans for granted with a crappy performance on the field and a stadium experience that was downright dangerous!

You never went to night games in Baltimore back then :kungfu:

Some guy gave the team a shit power ranking. 26th fyi. If the league is already planning their retribution against little satan it’s gonna suck for the fans.

Seems ANY time there’s the slightest bit of optimism they go and F you in the drive-thru

Some guy gave the team a shit power ranking. 26th fyi. If the league is already planning their retribution against little satan it’s gonna suck for the fans.

Seems ANY time there’s the slightest bit of optimism they go and F you in the drive-thru

I'm not arguing necessarily against you here, but it something I'd like to open up into a deeper conversation. Boone and I got into a back and forth with some others on Twitter the other day about it.

Is the league ACTUALLY 'screwing' Dan Snyder? If they hated him that bad, why wouldn't they just oust him? Does the league benefit in ANY way to effect wins and losses on the field?

Call me crazy, but I don't see why the league would conspire against the team to make it more difficult to win. The team is WORST in attendance. The team has not had any level of actual success in 30 years. The on field product to this point has not effected his ownership status, so why now? He's clearly done enough stuff OFF the field to warrant his ousting in the public eye, in fact the league would stand to gain some major points in the court of public opinion nationally once they decide to pull that trigger.

So... what does the league have to gain if the team is bad? The team is still profitable (obviously far less than it was 20 years ago) if for no other reason than the TV money is reaching levels a lot of people never believed was possible. Last year I made the argument that the league was working to get Dan out, while not having to vote him out, but putting him in a position he simply could not afford... which I guess could still be happening, but this would be a hell of a long game. To actively work against the team, resulting in poor performance for YEARS to get attendance down, causing Dan to cook the books... I mean if this is what's happening, this has documentary written all over it.

The NFL wants to make money, so they, in theory, should work for all 32 of their entities to be successful and profitable... I can't see a reason why the schedule would be the place they chose to punish Dan... but what do I know.

I will freely admit that the scheduling anomalies we seem to ALWAYS be facing are hard to ignore, and I can't explain that to coincidence.... there HAS to be something else going on... so, maybe everyone is right... they're punishing Dan, but the reality is, he's not feeling any of it (that I can tell). I don't think he cares... WE'RE the ones getting punished. The fans.... The PLAYERS are the ones getting punished. Playing on short weeks, facing opponents that have more rest, awkward travel schedules, extreme stretches of 'difficult' games over the course of the year... Dan doesn't have the aches and pains that the players do...

On the schedule I’m not sure it’s any more than what we’ve always seen. With scheduling, with crucial calls, with league discipline, the premier teams get taken care of. The bad teams get what they get. I think it’s more a passive than actively conscious thing. Having a terrible franchise lead by someone who is antagonistic and almost universally disliked doesn’t help but ultimately we have been a bad team of no consequence and that’s why the NFL isn’t up at night worrying about us or how fairly we get treated.

I’ll have to find it but I read an article, or a tweet stating our team faces the most teams coming off a bye and or excess rest this season. That’s definitely not a luck of the draw scenario imho.

Via emails or whatever the documentation, Snyder is on record hating Goodell. I hate both the bastards but I’m not the one drawing negative attention to the league thru bullshittery either. I believe the other owners and commish are turning the screws to Dan, it just hasn’t sunk in to the Snyder duo yet.

100% with ya that whatever nonofficial punishment the team receives it never touches Dan himself, ever. It only bites us the fans in the butt.

With a new owner the league could generate more revenue from the team, ESPECIALLY since sponsors are openly quitting on the team.

I’ll have to find it but I read an article, or a tweet stating our team faces the most teams coming off a bye and or excess rest this season. That’s definitely not a luck of the draw scenario imho.

Via emails or whatever the documentation, Snyder is on record hating Goodell. I hate both the bastards but I’m not the one drawing negative attention to the league thru bullshittery either. I believe the other owners and commish are turning the screws to Dan, it just hasn’t sunk in to the Snyder duo yet.

100% with ya that whatever nonofficial punishment the team receives it never touches Dan himself, ever. It only bites us the fans in the butt.

With a new owner the league could generate more revenue from the team, ESPECIALLY since sponsors are openly quitting on the team.

Yeah I posted it in the schedule thread.

It's obvious we face schedule anomalies every year.. I just can't figure our why...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.