• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

QBs in the 2012 Draft

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Lots of rumors floating around today about Matt Barkley staying in school; an announcement could come at 1pm about that.

Also hearing this:

john_keimJohn Keim
RT @TonyPauline: As of today the word is Robert Griffin III/Baylor & Landry Jones/Oklahoma will also return to school.

Anyone else hearing anything?

I figure we can use this thread to update our prospects for the draft.

RG3 returning to school? Gonna need a suicide watch across the Washington, DC area. Wow.

It's a rumor right now, need to see what happens. But yeah. Can you imagine if Barkley, Jones and Griffin return to school?

It's a rumor right now, need to see what happens. But yeah. Can you imagine if Barkley, Jones and Griffin return to school?

Would be crazy.

Also, its good to keep in mind the deadline isn't until January 15th to declare - a lot can happen between now and then to change somebody's mind.

I have been saying this was a possibility with RGIII for weeks now. Not sure why this is surprising to folks. The kid is serious about the "student" in Student Athlete.

Does this mean we'll have to hear how losing all of our games next year is actually GOOD for the team?

RG3 returning to school? Gonna need a suicide watch across the Washington, DC area. Wow.

That would explain why they came and collected my belt and shoe laces a few minutes ago. I'm keeping my guitar strings just in case....

I have been saying this was a possibility with RGIII for weeks now. Not sure why this is surprising to folks. The kid is serious about the "student" in Student Athlete.

Yeah, he's working on a Master's Degree (or starting one, not 100% sure). The kid has a solid head on his shoulders, that's for sure.

Does this mean we'll have to hear how losing all of our games next year is actually GOOD for the team?

nahhh. we'll hear how it's not Rex's fault.....build a bullet proof o-line and play weak defenses...everything will take care of itself! you can win with a 10 year vet who makes rookie mistakes! honest...bro. I kid you not!

nahhh. we'll hear how it's not Rex's fault.....build a bullet proof o-line and play weak defenses...everything will take care of itself! you can win with a 10 year vet who makes rookie mistakes! honest...bro. I kid you not!
Well, whether we like it or not, Butterball is our likely week 1 starter next season.

Of course, in a perfect world, we'll draft some guy that nobody really thinks much of, while not having to lose out to get him, and he'll turn out to be a good enough QB to carve up the Butterball well before Thanksgiving, and by Christmas have us thinking maybe he's "The One".

Even losing out doesn't give a team the control proponents of it claim to justify doing it.

Win out. Let the chips fall.

Tell me again about draft position, losing out and why it'd be a bad thing

Tell me again about draft position, losing out and why it'd be a bad thing

Well now the argument is, we should have lost more because there's even fewer QBs to choose from. Still dumb though.

Well now the argument is, we should have lost more because there's even fewer QBs to choose from. Still dumb though.

That's right, we should have. It was bad enough when there were five decent ones coming out. Now there may be only two?

Again, tell me the difference between number 4 and number eight now.

But hey, it sure felt good to beat the Giants:rolleyes:

I'll take the W's. Selecting a QB in top 5 doesn't mean success. Go for the wins and let the chips fall where they may.

I'll take the W's. Selecting a QB in top 5 doesn't mean success.

No, it doesn't. Even if we were to get Luck. But this team NEEDS, NEEDS, NEEDS a QB along with every other draft pick it can get.

So were currently 7th I believe. If we really will have fewer QB's to select from, we'll be in competition with other teams that either need a QB or teams that will try to jump over us to get a QB to trade.

Sitting at 7th, we may have to give up more to get to our QB. Sitting at 4th or 3rd we would probably have to give up less

Everyone and their mother knows we need a QB. There'll be no bluffing our way around what our first pick will be, especially since the free agent options at QB look dim this year. Other teams will use that knowledge to their advantage and our detriment

ummm...who has made that argument?

either way...this franchise will continue to sit at home every SB as long as it lacks a franchise QB.

No, it doesn't. Even if we were to get Luck. But this team NEEDS, NEEDS, NEEDS a QB along with every other draft pick it can get.

So were currently 7th I believe. If we really will have fewer QB's to select from, we'll be in competition with other teams that either need a QB or teams that will try to jump over us to get a QB to trade.

Sitting at 7th, we may have to give up more to get to our QB. Sitting at 4th or 3rd we would probably have to give up less

Everyone and their mother knows we need a QB. There'll be no bluffing our way around what our first pick will be, especially since the free agent options at QB look dim this year. Other teams will use that knowledge to their advantage and our detriment

we don't need no stinkin QB. why should this team pursue a strategy (drafting a QB high in the first round) it tried once and failed at? the other 17 or so years have proven conclusively that other strategies work infinitely better! as long as we're wedded to the needle in the haystack theory of QB selection....let's go all out and reserve our QB drafts for the seventh round! it doesn't matter how high we draft for any position - having more flavors tp pick from is meaningless....isn't that obvious from the way draft positions are valued for trades?

Why the panic? Hold yore stinkin' horses for just a moment here!

Matt Barkley is staying at USC next year. Whoopity dang do. Good for him. That takes him out of the picture. Want to know something? He was never on the Redskins radar.

Now that we have that all cleared up and got yore britches out of a bunch - here's some vittles for those taste buds...

Luck is declared. We know that much. Here is another nugget. RG3 will declare - it is all but certain. Futhermore, the Redskins will make a very serious run at Luck. So don't be surprised if it happens. RG3 is very much desired as well. The Redskins will be there when all is said and done.

Feel better?

Why the panic? Hold yore stinkin' horses for just a moment here!

Matt Barkley is staying at USC next year. Whoopity dang do. Good for him. That takes him out of the picture. Want to know something? He was never on the Redskins radar.

Now that we have that all cleared up and got yore britches out of a bunch - here's some vittles for those taste buds...

Luck is declared. We know that much. Here is another nugget. RG3 will declare - it is all but certain. Futhermore, the Redskins will make a very serious run at Luck. So don't be surprised if it happens. RG3 is very much desired as well. The Redskins will be there when all is said and done.

Feel better?

The current rumor is that RG3 will stay at Baylor to finish his Master's Degree. Where have you heard otherwise that its "all but certain" that he will declare for the NFL? Not doubting you, just curious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.