• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

QBs in the 2012 Draft

How much would you be willing to give up for Luck? How much for RG3 if he declares? What would be too much to give up for either player and how mad would you be if that happened?

and who do we target if the COlts stick with Luck and RGIII stays in college?

Landry?

or does the strategy change radically? trade down like last year and target a development project in second round?

I'm not familiar enough with Tannehill to have an opinion. But if we can't get either Luck or RGIII (assuming Barkley is not available), I hope we continue building the core (focusing on a dominating O-line) and wait until 2013 to get our guy. Luck and RGIII look like difference-making QBs to me. That's what we need in my opinion.

I'm not familiar enough with Tannehill to have an opinion. But if we can't get either Luck or RGIII (assuming Barkley is not available), I hope we continue building the core (focusing on a dominating O-line) and wait until 2013 to get our guy. Luck and RGIII look like difference-making QBs to me. That's what we need in my opinion.

That's an understandable perspective and I would be inclined in that direction myself since it starting to look like Luck and RG3 are separating themselves from the rest of the QB field-even though that field is still probably better than most QB crops in recent years and the case could be made that grabbing one of the others might not be an altogether bad idea in terms of finding a realistically "doable" project-type QB.

The one question that kind of nags at me a bit, however, is how much patience the Skins fanbase may have with another year of Rex who, while being better protected behind an improved OLine, still has the tendency to periodically go "haywire" during a game or intersperse decent games with horrendous ones. Not to mention, of course, his lack of "aesthetics"-a nod here to those fans who find merely watching him to be a traumatic assault on their vision of "What a Quarterback Is Supposed To Look Like While Playing." :bucktooth:

I thought Al would beat you to that serv :)

Thing is, whatever well-deserved barbs we want to throw at Grossman, if we don't get our QB this draft, I almost wonder if it wouldn't be better off sticking with RG until we do. He knows the system, and his knowledge of and comfort in it (whether he can execute it flawlessly or not) can only help the guys around him get comfortable in it. I'm not sure bringing in someone else, unless the plan is for them to be the permanent solution under center, is helpful to the overall progression of the offense.

Truth is, if Kyle Shanahan had stuck with Grossman, warts and all, and committed to the run the way he should have the first 8 games of the season, we might be a playoff contender even with Grossman under center.

My preference is that we go after Luck or RGIII full-bore, but if we can't get one of them, or if it requires a trade-up at a huge cost, we wait and don't reach for the 'next best guy'. We don't need Blaine Gabbert.

That's an understandable perspective and I would be inclined in that direction myself since it starting to look like Luck and RG3 are separating themselves from the rest of the QB field-even though that field is still probably better than most QB crops in recent years and the case could be made that grabbing one of the others might not be an altogether bad idea in terms of finding a realistically "doable" project-type QB.

The one question that kind of nags at me a bit, however, is how much patience the Skins fanbase may have with another year of Rex who, while being better protected behind an improved OLine, still has the tendency to periodically go "haywire" during a game or intersperse decent games with horrendous ones. Not to mention, of course, his lack of "aesthetics"-a nod here to those fans who find merely watching him to be a traumatic assault on their vision of "What a Quarterback Is Supposed To Look Like While Playing." :bucktooth:

thank you very much for recognizing the artistic eye in some! especially since there IS A CONNECTION between what drives those aesthetics and outcomes!!!

Tannehill has a ton of potential, but I have a bad feeling he's another Grossman. I've got a ton of A&M fans out here, and to hear them describe Tannehill's play, you'd swear they were Skins fans talking about Sexy Rexy.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

There's only ONE Rex Grossman Lanky.

FTW.

So, what's the current draft order, if it were to happen today ?

I see we're tied with Miami for the 7th pick. How would that tie-breaker end up ?

They beat us head to head so if we finish with the same record we would go ahead of them.

I found this on the NFL website.

"The draft order is determined by the following procedures:

A) The winner of the Super Bowl will select last and the other Super Bowl participant next-to-last, regardless of their regular-season record.

B) The championship game participants not advancing to the Super Bowl will select 29th and 30th, according to the reverse order of their standing.

C) The divisional playoff participants not advancing to the championship games will select 25th through 28th, according to the reverse order of their standing.

D) The wild-card participants not advancing to the divisional playoffs will select 21st through 24th, according to the reverse order of their standing.

E) Non-playoff clubs will select first through 20th, according to the reverse order of their standing.

If ties exist in any grouping except (A) above, they will be broken by strength of schedule (i.e., figuring the aggregate won-lost-tied percentage of each involved club's regular-season opponents and awarding preferential selection order to the club which faced the schedule of teams with the lowest aggregate won-lost-tied percentage).

If ties still exist after applying the strength of schedule tiebreaker, the divisional or conference tiebreakers are applied, if applicable. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, ties will be broken by a coin flip."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d6b708/article/complete-order-of-first-round-of-2011-nfl-draft-determined

We will be picking no lower than 8th and as high as 4th. Most likely landing spot is 6th.

If Shanahan is convinced RG3 is a game changing QB as some of us do then he may still have to trade up to get his man. If we do land at #6, it may be a gamble hoping he falls to us.

I like Tannehill and Foles too but assuming RG3 comes out he has more upside and high on several teams draft board.

Landry Jones is probably returning to Oklahoma for another season according to several reports and the facebook site of his fiance. The only unknown is RG3. However, let's assume that we don't get Luck or RG3 in this draft. What is there to do???

We'll probably have the 6th overall pick in the draft. Trading down is a very desirable option and New England would be the perfect partner with two late first rounders. Trading that high would mean NE would need to toss in a late second rounder as well. Yes, the OL could be rebuilt on the right side and some depth added to boot.

But this is a QB thread. With that in mind and the aforementioned trade scenario, Tannehill could be there when the Redskins select. A couple of weeks ago, I listed my take on the QBs in this draft and had them listed as follows:

1. RG3
2. Andrew Luck
3. Ryan Tannehill
4. Matt Barkley
5. Landry Jones

I'm not saying that we will select RT, but he would be one heck of a consolation prize imho.

Either way, we will get Luck, RG3, or a bunch of extra picks in the first, second, and third rounds. It's a win-win. FA will bring some goodies as well.

hmmmmm......no long-term projects pls.

we get Luck or RGIII and I'm good. otherwise, we live with the hole this team has dug over the last 10+ years: trade down, stock picks......and live with the crap we have for QB for another season....maybe bring in some languishing second team QB at low cost. we'll get to watch 8-8 maybe 9-7 football....but what the heck...that would have won the NFCE this year.

we're gonna have to trade up if we want RGIII and it's gonna cost. one key is what Cleveland is gonna do...and I don't see them passing on a QB.

trade everything the following draft for the QB we want.

I dont like the risk of Rg3 although he does have a real shot at being another Newton, the odds against are just too high.

No one is going to be 'another Newton' - the kid just broke the NFL rookie passing record :) I don't see any comparison between the two guys honestly.

I'm not sure why the odds RGIII won't pan out are any higher than any other top tier draftee?

Luck is the only sure thing.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.