• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Predict Our Record This Season

I say 8-8. Can see a couple games going either way and we can be 7-9 as easy as 9-7, so I split the difference.

Snyder has to hold onto Shanny for five years. After all of Snyder's screw-ups...he fires a SB winning coach after 2-3 seasons.....no one of any repute is gonna want to come and coach for him. I don't expect much from this team until they ink a real QB. I give Shanahan 5 years to do that from the day he was signed. Snyder fires this guy and continues the pattern of quick string pulling (i.e., destablizing the organization) I am done as a Skins fan until Snyder is gone.

will the offense be able to score? I don't see it at this point with these QBs and a marginally improved O-line. and so goes the record.

After sitting through those years with Jason Campbell where the offense averaged fewer than 20 points per game, I'm going to say this offense will score. Well, at least more on average than those teams did.

Last year with Rex at the helm the Redskins scored 30, 20 and 17, not that great, but an average of 22 ppg (better than the Jason Campbell era). If they improve even marginally, the extra points should help to win games if the defense improves as well (and really, how can the defense get worse?).

If Beck starts and stays the starter, I don't see more than 4 wins on this schedule. I actually think it's possible we may not win a game in the division. If Grossman starts, I think we're a .500 team.

Which would you rather have, Boone? A better chance at Luck? More wins?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I always want to see us win - but if we're not going to do well this season, we'd better be the least competitive team in the league and snag that overall #1 :)

The only downside of being a franchise with a strong tradition of winning is it's almost impossible for us (even in the worst of years) to sink to the kind of woeful, basement-dwelling level required to get that coveted #1 pick. I guess it's possible, but I just don't see us being bad enough to get there.

Well, Cowherd think us and the Bungles will be fighting it out for the worst record, so we've for that going for us. I'll be curious to see if or when Shanahan pulls the plug and says screw it, time to stop playing any vets. Time to play for the future...

After sitting through those years with Jason Campbell where the offense averaged fewer than 20 points per game, I'm going to say this offense will score. Well, at least more on average than those teams did.

Last year with Rex at the helm the Redskins scored 30, 20 and 17, not that great, but an average of 22 ppg (better than the Jason Campbell era). If they improve even marginally, the extra points should help to win games if the defense improves as well (and really, how can the defense get worse?).

hope you're right. were I playing the Skins...soon as my offense took a 7-10 pt lead I'd blitz RG mercilessly EVERY down. he'll be good for 7-14 pts for the opposing team every game!!!! we also don't have much of a deep, downfield passing game with him in the game...so the field shrinks....easier to box his options where I want him to go.

oh for the day we have a real QB on this team.

hope you're right. were I playing the Skins...soon as my offense took a 7-10 pt lead I'd blitz RG mercilessly EVERY down. he'll be good for 7-14 pts for the opposing team every game!!!! we also don't have much of a deep, downfield passing game with him in the game...so the field shrinks....easier to box his options where I want him to go.

oh for the day we have a real QB on this team.

Why wait until you've got a lead, do it from the get-go. Until the Redskins O-line shows it can hold up under pressure, I'd pressure relentlessly.

I don't see this offense scoring a heck of a lot of points. Just because Grossman had one high-scoring game out of his three starts (his first game as a starter in which we spent most of the game down by a couple TDs) does not mean he's going to put up 30 points every third game. This team has no QB, not much at RB, a mediocre at best OL and possibly an ok WR corps. If rookies pan out that might change, but for now I don't see our offense being any better than it was last year. Maybe a little more consistent. Maybe a little better towards the end of the season when the new guys start to mesh.

I don't think this is going to be a fun season to watch. This is one of those years we look for signs of potential, not wins.

I'm right now anticipating a frustrating season but for somewhat different reasons than most may have mentioned.

This draft and free agency brought a lot of new faces and bodies into the Redskin fold. It's going to take some time for them to simply get used to playing together as a team. There will be moments when things suddenly, perhaps unexpectedly, seem to click and we play at a level that raises eyebrows-and hopes. There will also be times when we look as uncoordinated as the most pessimistic among us have feared. I see us stealing one or maybe two wins that will surprise almost everybody, and we'll lose, possibly embarrassingly, to teams we would have thought we might have a decent shot at knocking off.

I think predicting the future as the season progresses will become frustratingly difficult due to this inconsistency. Things may start to gel around mid-season a bit, which also coincides with the weakest part of the schedule. I'm still in the 6-10 area as far as prediction goes (although honestly, I'm starting to lean bit more toward 5-11.lol!)

Those who expect a 2-3 win season and are looking forward to drafting the next Peyton Manning or whoever will be worried sometimes that we may win one or two too many games to give us a really high draft pick and those who see 8-8 or 9-7 as a distinct possibility will be crushed when we look like absolute crap against a bottom-feeder. Some of the newcomers will startle people with both flashes of amazing brilliance and moments of shocking ineptness. Both Grossman and Beck will do both to the nerve-shattering chagrin of Skins fans everywhere.

I'm anticipating a roller coaster ride from hell.

Hang on tight.

I hoping for a good year, not a great one, but somewhere around .500 ball. My gut tells me its going to be a rough year. For the first time in a very long time I'm not very excited about the upcoming season.

Not sure if this is due to lockout, knowing we lack talent at OL and QB, or combination of both.

I don't want to see us battling for the #1 pick. I prefer wins, especially over Dallas.

I don't see this offense scoring a heck of a lot of points. Just because Grossman had one high-scoring game out of his three starts (his first game as a starter in which we spent most of the game down by a couple TDs) does not mean he's going to put up 30 points every third game. This team has no QB, not much at RB, a mediocre at best OL and possibly an ok WR corps. If rookies pan out that might change, but for now I don't see our offense being any better than it was last year. Maybe a little more consistent. Maybe a little better towards the end of the season when the new guys start to mesh.

I don't think this is going to be a fun season to watch. This is one of those years we look for signs of potential, not wins.

I'm willing to be they score a lot more points than a McNabb-led offense was able to generate, whether it's Beck or Grossman at the helm. As soon as Rex came in last year, you saw an almost immediate and tangible difference in efficiency. We were actually mildly dangerous. I think that showed that a QB of moderate talent playing within Shanahan's system can be very effective. No - we weren't barn-burners in all 4 games, but we could score consistently.

I think we'll score more points this year, but with so many new faces we're going to make plenty of mistakes.

I wish people here would stop the mental masturbation about drafting Andrew Luck.

If the Redskins really wanted to draft Luck they wouldn't have signed Cofield or Bowen or brought in players like Locklear and Chester.

By doing so the club will finish with enough victories to be out of the sweepstakes for the top pick.

If Luck grades out as well next spring as he did after the 2010 season, it is unlikely that the top pick is dealt. And if it is it will be at an astronomical cost.

Imagine the Redskins holding the #7 pick next season and wanting to move up to #1.

Then imagine the team holding that pick asking for the #7 in 2012, the #1 pick in 2013 and Brian Orakpo.

Still want to make that deal?

they wouldnt get that much, and since we wont be winning that many games, with our pathetic defence and an offence that will be up and down at best, I doubt we wil draft lower than 3-4th we signed a bunch of excellent 4-3 players and we play a 3-4, and we didnt sign a bunch of all pro olinemen

Then imagine the team holding that pick asking for the #7 in 2012, the #1 pick in 2013 and Brian Orakpo.

Still want to make that deal?

Some would suggest it's worth it. I ain't buying it!

Shanahan drafted twelve guys in the 2011 draft. They have an extra 4th and 5th round pick for 2012. Shanahan didn't draft a QB in 2011. Shanahan also knows what his playoff record since Elway retired. He knows that with hard work he could make the playoffs without an elite QB but it is a lot harder to win in the playoffs without one. He will move up if he has to in the 2012 draft to get who we wants. If he feels like Luck is a franchise QB he will morgage the 2012 draft to get him. I promise you! Now the whole conspiracy theory "Suck for Luck" is silly and is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I keep hearing the Andrew Luck inevitability thing. The problem with that theory (whether it's Luck or some other 'can't miss' first pick of the draft franchise QB) is that there will be other teams just as desperate to draft a guy that can lea their team for a decade. And draft history shows, teams that have a chance to get a QB like that aren't going to trade out of position, no matter how many picks you throw at them.

There are only two chances we have to grab Luck next draft. First is if we really are the worst team in the league this year. Second is if we are *almost* the worst team in the league this year and the team's drafting ahead of us happen to be absolutely set at QB. That's not likely. Off the top of my head, I'd guess that Carolina might be a candidate, maybe Denver if they think Tebow is the guy.

which has me wondering what other quality QBs will be in the draft next year. heck...Luck may not even fit the profile Shanahan wants/needs for his offense. I'm in the odd position of thinking we will be a better team...but that the record will not show it. I see tighter games.....more respectable performances...but the same outcomes.

until we find our franchise QB...we will not compete come playoff time. when everything is said and done, I believe we are stuck this season with what has been a major problem for years - no real deep threat.....an average threat in the middle to deep mid-field passing game. DM created somewhat of a deep threat, but then went off on his own tangent and was eventually benched.

from an aesthetic pov...I want to puke every time I watch RG drop back to pass. aside from the fact that one nver knows whether this is the next turn-over opportunity in the queue for this guy.....he just looks ugly as a QB to me. he doesn't look athletic and fluid to me. oh well.......focus this season, for me, is improvement in other areas in anticipation of filling out this last critical piece next year.

There are only two chances we have to grab Luck next draft. First is if we really are the worst team in the league this year. Second is if we are *almost* the worst team in the league this year and the team's drafting ahead of us happen to be absolutely set at QB. That's not likely. Off the top of my head, I'd guess that Carolina might be a candidate, maybe Denver if they think Tebow is the guy.

And that's not likely because the desperation from other teams is likely going to cause one of them to jump ahead of us. If we are sitting at the 3rd pick and a team like Buffalo is sitting at the 4 spot and Carolina and Cincy are sitting at 1 and 2 and have already taken QB's, it could become an all out bidding war. That would not be good.

I also hear rumblings about Landry Jones. He hasn't even announced he will forego his senior year. He could be like Luck and see who the top pick belongs to and say, "Meh, I will stay in school another year. Thank you!"

There are so many variables involved. I just can't see the scenario so many are suggesting. Mike Shanahan wants to win. He will not stand for another losing season if he has something to say about it. He is not "playing for a draft pick"! That is a foolish thought and it is not sound ideology. The one problem he has that I see is his trust for Haslett in the 3-4 and that will cause us to lose more games than we should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.