• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pick your poison - what do you want the new name to be?

What do you want the new name to be?

• Redwolves

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Wolves

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Commanders

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Sentinels

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Warthogs

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Hogs

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • WFT

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Defenders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armada

• Presidents

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brigade

• Something else (please comment)

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Ron not going to the rebrand drop, or the senior bowl may not be the end of the world, but it sure as hell isn’t a good look. As far as Mayhew & Gurney go, after last seasons draft I would hope MOST of the brain trust is scouring potential picks. So far that draft resembles a borderline bedshitting. Especially with a draft that is as paramount in year 3 of a rebuild.

It may be normal for a GM and his crew to attend such events without their coach, but this team has been anything but normal over the years, to include Ron’s tenure.

Was curious about how the Cleveland Indians Guardians rolled out their rebrand ... apparently, in a video. I'm sure there was more, but this is what the internet remembers.

It’s difficult to believe that that work of art was created so quickly. 😉

Right? Makes me think that they relied on focus groups and social influencers to come up with something they think will offend the least people, rather than inspire even one.

I’m worried our new logo will be similarly unburdened by style.

Right? Makes me think that they relied on focus groups and social influencers to come up with something they think will offend the least people, rather than inspire even one.

I’m worried our new logo will be similarly unburdened by style.

This is exactly my fear. That they picked a name they think won’t get them hate on Twitter. A name that satisfy the mob. The actual fans may hate it, but the Twitter mobs may love it. And let’s face it, that’s the world we live in.

Reactions: Om
If they wanted to satisfy the Twitter mobs they wouldn’t be teasing Commanders and Admirals etal, neither of which are thought of very highly.

Just sayin’.

I steadfastly maintain though that a misdirection ruse is being used.

Swamp Hogs would be appropriate. 😉

Reactions: Om
We are referring to the non football fan mobs, or at least I am.

Was curious about how the Cleveland Indians Guardians rolled out their rebrand ... apparently, in a video. I'm sure there was more, but this is what the internet remembers.

How did I miss this new name?

Because the name and logo can be found in the dictionary next to "meh?"

I’ve been hesitant to call out the guardians name as stupid because I know who the next major team to get a new name will be.

If you didn't know it, it sounds dumb. But, there are actually two giant statues on the hope memorial bridge that "guard" it.

But the horrible logo is so bad. It's like the Walmart Thor helmet

photo0jpg.jpg

Anyone of you twitter guys hear anything from the name squatter, Philip Martin McCaulay? Just curious if he was recently going to the bank as a result of one of the names he originally marked.

Anyone of you twitter guys hear anything from the name squatter, Philip Martin McCaulay? Just curious if he was recently going to the bank as a result of one of the names he originally marked.

chances are if he owned the rights to the new name, and they bought off of him, silence would be part of the requirement...

And I haven't heard from him in about a year now. It's very possible he had ownage and there was a confidentiality agreement as part of the purchase agreement.

Has ‘Warriors’ officially been shut down? Was thinking about that and instead of redwolves, (which the team allegedly shutdown) I could live with the ‘Washington Wolfpack’

Last edited:
Warriors, and anything including Wolves, have all been ruled out by the team. Which is only natural, as they're far and away the most popular.

It’s gotta be commanders or admirals, it makes sense because it doesn’t make sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.